Author Topic: Levin: If Exposing Media Is Only Thing Trump Does, He Will Have Been a Successful President  (Read 2027 times)

Silver Pines

So, he can trash everything else, make it virtually impossible for another republican to win the White House in our lifetimes, but if he exposes the bias in the mainstream media he's a success?

Seriously?

@Oceander

How dare you claim otherwise, lol?

Oceander

There are, unfortunately, many people who vote for Republicans who believe Trump getting in the gutter (or sewer) with the press will be good for the country.
I don't happen to think that way.  A president who has a way with words, like Reagan, can expose the press bias without descending to their level. 
All Trump is basically doing by throwing mud back at the press is getting all conservatives dirty. 

:thumbsup:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Levin's ratings must be down. The geriatric goobers who comprise talk radios' audience are dying off and the kiddies would rather listen to their smartphones. He has to say something positive about trump even if it's patently ridiculous, to keep the rube's attention.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This just shows what complete idiots conservatives are.

So if Trump wrecks every aspect of the country, as long as he exposed the media then he will have been a good president?

Conservatives are some of the dumbest people in the country at this moment.

Let's fix that so it's accurate:

This just shows what complete idiots conservatives Republicans are.

Conservatives Republicans are some of the dumbest people in the country at this moment.

That I can agree with.

Levin has so moved his own goalposts as to be a shadow of himself.

No one's minds have been changed about 'the media' - except maybe those admitting how duped they were into thinking Fox News was 'fair and balanced'.

All Trump has done is to poke the tool of the Oligarchy in the eye and call it 'fake news', which is now a meme anyone who is addled with Cognitive Dissonance throws as a definitive statement on any fact or any story that they disagree with.  I even had one imbecile tell me that the history I was quoting was 'fake history'.  So - all Trump has done is hand the culture a tool to dismiss anything they are not interested in hearing about.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

dfwgator wrote above:
"That's basically my view.  Regardless of what you may think of Trump, this Presidency is turning out to be very useful in shining the flashlight on the cockroaches.   
Only Trump could have pulled this off,  because of the quirks of his personality.   Lord knows I don't want a guy like Trump to be President all the time,  but for now, he just may very well be what the doctor ordered."

Right, right, right!

Compare how Mr. Trump fights back against the media, vis-a-vis how [either of] the Bushes did.

While I can't agree with Mark Levin that this should be his only accomplishment (to be a successful president), it's a very substantial one, sorely needed for decades.

Silver Pines

That's basically my view.  Regardless of what you may think of Trump, this Presidency is turning out to be very useful in shining the flashlight on the cockroaches.   

Only Trump could have pulled this off,  because of the quirks of his personality.   Lord knows I don't want a guy like Trump to be President all the time,  but for now, he just may very well be what the doctor ordered.

@dfwgator

What the doctor ordered is repeal of Obamacare, tax cuts, ending DACA, national reciprocity, an end to common core, an end to the Iran deal, and more.  So no, trolling the media is not enough. 

Offline bolobaby

Seriously? "Expose the media?"

Is that going to stop their domination or take them off the air? Nope.

Are the vast majority of the people in this country even going to care in 6 months to a year? Noooooope.

Meanwhile, Trump will have ruined conservative chances to win any election ever again for the foreseeable future.

Yeah - grand accomplishment.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

Excuse me???  Stop blaming Conservatives for Trump.  We didn't do it.  We didn't do a damned thing to create "this" situation.  How convenient it is for folks like you to scapegoat us though, instead of blaming the real culprits.  So convenient that your dishonesty demands that you keep doing it.....apparently.

Agreed. Conservatives had nothing to do with Trump. Braindead populist zombies elected that particular trainwreck to office.

Conservatives wanted Cruz.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Excuse me???  Stop blaming Conservatives for Trump.  We didn't do it.  We didn't do a ****ed thing to create "this" situation.  How convenient it is for folks like you to scapegoat us though, instead of blaming the real culprits.  So convenient that your dishonesty demands that you keep doing it.....apparently.

I dunno, why is it when I look at conservative forums and media, you see a lot of people with this personality flaw?

These morons just like Trump because he "makes liberals heads explode" and for nothing else.

They are seriously stupid people.

Offline aligncare

...as opposed to NeverTrumpers, who are stupidly serious people.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I dunno, why is it when I look at conservative forums and media, you see a lot of people with this personality flaw?

These morons just like Trump because he "makes liberals heads explode" and for nothing else.

They are seriously stupid people.

Yup.

This election exposed a deep and dangerous stupidity in the vast majority of the electorate both left and right.

Offline aligncare

Yup.

This election exposed a deep and dangerous stupidity in the vast majority of the electorate both left and right.

In other words, your principles are far more important than the principles of those who happen to disagree that Trump is a stain on the presidency. Maybe even more important than people like me and Emjay and possibly your coworkers and friends and maybe even family members (?), believers in Christ and others who participate in the American political system. Talk about your displays of grandeur.

Oceander

In other words, your principles are far more important than the principles of those who happen to disagree that Trump is a stain on the presidency. Maybe even more important than people like me and Emjay and possibly your coworkers and friends and maybe even family members (?), believers in Christ and others who participate in the American political system. Talk about your displays of grandeur.

Ooh, ya dunnit now @Cripplecreek !  You've dissed the Orange God just one too many times for this acolyte's taste.  Fire and brimstone will rain down on you!

Offline LMAO

Exposing what we all already know is not a particularly grand achievement.

Exactly.

People already know who the news media is and polls have  reflected that and that's also reflected in declining ratings and trustworthiness
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

There are, unfortunately, many people who vote for Republicans who believe Trump getting in the gutter (or sewer) with the press will be good for the country.
I don't happen to think that way.  A president who has a way with words, like Reagan, can expose the press bias without descending to their level. 
All Trump is basically doing by throwing mud back at the press is getting all conservatives dirty.

I heartily concur with you @goatprairie .

All Trump has accomplished with his mud slinging is to make conservatism look bad.  He's given ammunition to the left, not only about the media, but about the way conservatives act and think.

And in doing so has turned many thinking people farther away from the conservative cause.

Levin is reaching very far in trying to call this mess "a success."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Ooh, ya dunnit now @Cripplecreek !  You've dissed the Orange God just one too many times for this acolyte's taste.  Fire and brimstone will rain down on you!

They can shove the brimstone where the sun don't shine. A little rectal pumice cleanse could do them some good.