Author Topic: Team Trump turns to Rove playbook to juice 2018 turnout  (Read 468 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Team Trump turns to Rove playbook to juice 2018 turnout
« on: August 28, 2017, 01:56:51 pm »
 Team Trump turns to Rove playbook to juice 2018 turnout

Republicans are considering putting hot-button initiatives on the ballot to excite the base when little else currently is.

By ALEX ISENSTADT

08/28/2017 04:56 AM EDT

Donald Trump’s White House may take a page from the Karl Rove playbook.

The administration has been in talks to put conservative initiatives on the ballot in 2018 midterm battleground states in hopes of energizing base voters dispirited by the performance of Republican-controlled Washington.

The strategy is similar to the one Rove used in 2004. The George W. Bush political guru helped engineer a slate of anti-gay marriage amendments that year to boost GOP turnout in swing states such as Ohio, an approach that many are convinced helped pave the way for Bush’s reelection. (Rove has denied accounts that he orchestrated the 11-state effort.)

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/28/trump-karl-rove-2018-elections-242074
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Team Trump turns to Rove playbook to juice 2018 turnout
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 01:57:28 pm »
A white board is a playbook? 

Offline Applewood

Re: Team Trump turns to Rove playbook to juice 2018 turnout
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 02:39:49 pm »
Given that Rove has been wrong in the years since 2004, I'm not sure I would want to use anything from his "playbook." 

Really, I think referendums won't cut it this time if the party doesn't get its act together and start doing what it promised.