Author Topic: India and China 'preparing for armed conflict' if Bhutan solution not found  (Read 1249 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Indian and Chinese military forces are reported to be preparing for the possibility of an armed conflict over a disputed area in the Himalayas should a peaceful solution not be found.

The standoff began two months ago when Indian troops confronted Chinese forces working on a road over the Doklam Plateau, a strategically important area near where Tibet, India and Bhutan meet, and which both China and Bhutan – an ally of India – claim as their own.

China has demanded that Indian troops withdraw before it will hold talks with the country, while India has called for each side to stand down.

The South China Morning Post reported that sources close to the Chinese military have claimed the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has plans to deploy aircraft and strategic missiles against India’s troops in the event of conflict breaking out, in order to limit the action to skirmishes.

“The PLA will not seek to fight a ground war with Indian troops early on. Instead it will deploy aircraft and strategic missiles to paralyse Indian mountain divisions stationed in the Himalayas on the border with China."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-china-military-bhutan-armed-conflict-doklam-plateau-himalayas-troops-withdraw-a7893866.html
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:10:09 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

In previous reports, China has given India until this Friday, August 19th to leave the area.

No bullets have been fired yet but, as we recently reported, China appears to have set an August 19 deadline for India to withdraw its troops from the Doklam Plateau.

Even if August 19 passes with no military action, there’s another hard deadline: The Communist People’s Congress in Beijing in November. If the standoff has not been resolved in time for that meeting, it could be a major humiliation for China’s president Xi Jinping.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/08/12/world-view-china-india-prepare-border-war-doklam-plateau/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:50:55 pm by edpc »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
 :eatdrink:

Offline edpc

The deadline has come and gone, with no withdrawal from either side. The upcoming days will tell if they were bluffing, or not.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If this ever gets really, really serious -- look for Pakistan to start up something on India's other flank...

Offline edpc

Yes, and unfortunately with a lot of our hardware.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This one might catch alot of people asleep if it blows up, and our troops are right next door.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

If anything does occur, it would have to be fairly soon. The weather at that altitude will certainly begin to get severe in another month, or so.

Offline edpc

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

So far, nobody is willing to budge.  Update from yesterday......

“So the fact is that the Indian side has illegally trespassed the boundary and violated the agreement on the boundary that has been recognised and abided by (for) over 130 years. So we urge the Indian side to take concrete actions and make positive moves to correct its wrongdoing,” she added.

“China loves peace and firmly upholds peace. At the same time we will safeguard our territorial integrity and sovereignty. We allow no country or any individual to infringe upon China’s territorial sovereignty,” Hua said.

http://m.hindustantimes.com/chaos-if-china-follows-india-s-logic-and-enters-indian-territory-says-beijing/story-i99e76D4qBLwdOi8icX3KL.html

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If this ever gets really, really serious -- look for Pakistan to start up something on India's other flank...

And THAT is the reason we are in F ghanistan. To protect India from Pakistan.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline edpc

And THAT is the reason we are in F ghanistan. To protect India from Pakistan.

Even with the additional troops that will be sent under the Trump plan, it's still equals about one division. That's really not enough to threaten Pakistan on their Eastern flank.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Even with the additional troops that will be sent under the Trump plan, it's still equals about one division. That's really not enough to threaten Pakistan on their Eastern flank.

Not now. Our presence in F ghanistan can be readily amplified. Maybe I am merely trying to deflect people from the real reason we are in F ghanistan.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:54:27 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline edpc

Not now. Our presence in F ghanistan can be readily amplified. Maybe I am merely trying to deflect people from the real reason we are in F ghanistan.

After the Iraq invasion, I thought it was to have Iran squeezed to address their nuclear ambitions and terror sponsorship.  Boy, was I naive.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
After the Iraq invasion, I thought it was to have Iran squeezed to address their nuclear ambitions and terror sponsorship.  Boy, was I naive.

I know, right? Now, to anyone who has been paying any attention, it is obvious we are only in F ghanistan to protect our secret underground nuclear submarine bases.

Offline edpc