Author Topic: Exclusive – Brent Bozell: The Slow Death of the Republican Party  (Read 924 times)

Offline bilo

In January of this year, they formally controlled both houses of Congress and the executive branch. Every single thing they’d ever promised was now possible.

They now had the power to enact every single spending cut they’d ever solemnly pledged. All those wasteful programs designed to fill the liberal sandbox — PBS, NPR, Planned Parenthood, NEH and the rest of the alphabet soup; all the hundreds of billions of dollars in corporate welfare to multi-billion-dollar corporations; all of the hundreds of billions of dollars directed toward leftist social engineering — poof! All of it could come to an end with a stroke of a pen.

They now had the power to restore fiscal tax sanity too. Remember the flat tax? The fair tax? Slashing the highest corporate taxes in the world? Giving you a tax break? All of it could be done with a snap of the fingers.

Repeal Obamacare? Check. End illegal immigration? Check. Build the wall? Check. 

Crush the Deep State? Done, by God, done!

There was not a damn thing the Democrats could do to stop them from draining the swamp.

Except the Republican leadership didn’t mean it. With the exception of the Freedom Caucus in the House, and literally a handful in the Senate, the rank-and-file didn’t either. Not one word of it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/27/exclusive-brent-bozell-the-slow-death-of-the-republican-party/
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Re: Exclusive – Brent Bozell: The Slow Death of the Republican Party
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 08:56:26 pm »
Come the Congressional elections next year, and the presidential election in 2020, the Grand Old Party will once again bellow its hallowed promises. But this time it won’t work. This time there will be no straw men to blame. This time their voters will know those hallowed promises are not even hollow promises. They are lies.

These voters are tasting betrayal. They will not vote to swallow more vomit.

We are watching the GOP systematically committing suicide.

If a majority of voters support them after their betrayal they deserve what they get. The crime is it will be imposed on me and mine who did not want any of it.

@INVAR

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 09:30:18 pm »
Come the Congressional elections next year, and the presidential election in 2020, the Grand Old Party will once again bellow its hallowed promises. But this time it won’t work. This time there will be no straw men to blame. This time their voters will know those hallowed promises are not even hollow promises. They are lies.

These voters are tasting betrayal. They will not vote to swallow more vomit.

We are watching the GOP systematically committing suicide.

If a majority of voters support them after their betrayal they deserve what they get. The crime is it will be imposed on me and mine who did not want any of it.

@INVAR

Exactly why I posted the thread about replacing the Republican Party, and reposting it after the original was locked.

This is a subject that is going to continue to fester and need discussion as more and more people wake up to the total and utter betrayal by an entire Party that lied to them wholesale - because apparently the Democrat takeover is complete.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 09:35:02 pm »
Republicanism does not equate to Conservatism.

Some facets may be similar; but I've heard this before.

When folks say "RINO"; they should actually say CINO, Conservative in name only.

Maybe the definition of Republican is too broad. You have McCain, McConnel; Ryan on one end, then, some hefty conservatives on the other.

Again, the House seems to do fairly well; and the Executive Branch set out some goals which seems to be what Bozell states like draining the swamp. That then, leaves mainly the Senate again.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 09:36:40 pm »
Brent Bozell has his head screwd on straight!   Always has!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 09:38:37 pm »
Bozell is delusional.  There are 48 democrats (nearly all of them leftist) and several moderate republicans in the senate.  One of the moderates is a vengeful zombie who thinks the country should end when he does.  Any changes were bound to be incremental. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 09:46:02 pm »

When folks say "RINO"; they should actually say CINO, Conservative in name only.

Maybe the definition of Republican is too broad. You have McCain, McConnel; Ryan on one end, then, some hefty conservatives on the other.

Again, the House seems to do fairly well; and the Executive Branch set out some goals which seems to be what Bozell states like draining the swamp. That then, leaves mainly the Senate again.

You can read the Republican platform and see that many, many, many Republicans are in fact RINOs.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 10:08:58 pm »
Exactly why I posted the thread about replacing the Republican Party, and reposting it after the original was locked.

This is a subject that is going to continue to fester and need discussion as more and more people wake up to the total and utter betrayal by an entire Party that lied to them wholesale - because apparently the Democrat takeover is complete.

I'm with you on this.

There are some Pubs that have continued to fight for what they promised when campaigning, but the majority are either silent or when they can't be punished by the voters outright hostile to who they said they represented. I put the silent ones in the camp with those that are hostile to us.

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 10:13:07 pm »

The Republicans have been campaigning on the promises of fiscal restraint, immigration control, obamacare repeal, being pro-life and for a strong military for a long time. The liberal pro-govt republicans were more than happy to say they supported these things until they actually had to.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 10:50:11 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 11:37:52 pm »
Maybe someone can accelerate the party's demise. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 11:53:52 pm »
Maybe someone can accelerate the party's demise.

Mitch and Ryan can't accelerate anything else, but they're working very hard on accelerating that.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 12:24:52 am »
The Republicans have been campaigning on the promises of fiscal restraint, immigration control, obamacare repeal, being pro-life and for a strong military for a long time. The liberal pro-govt republicans were more than happy to say they supported these things until they actually had to.

Barry Goldwater was a big critic of the "religious right", "silent majority", "moral majority", Jerry Falwell.

Unlike libertarians, Goldwater was hawkish on foreign policy, and Goldwater became irrelevant in his later years as he criticized social conservatives like Jerry Falwell.

Barry Goldwater:
When you say "radical right" today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye.
http://www.conservapedia.com/Barry_Goldwater

So, maybe Goldwater was an anomaly but George Romney and Nelson Rockerfeller were vying for the Republican candidacy in the 1960s, they were not suppose to be that conservative. Nixon wasn't suppose to be that conservative.

The Bushes were fairly open borders it seems, Reagan signed an amnesty.

As was said, right or wrong, numerous times in the last year, If Reagan were to run in 2016 for the Republican Nomination, he might not win it. Words something like this.

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 11:26:06 pm »
I think Bozell is premature in burying the GOP.  When you come right down to it, it doesn't matter how much Republicans lie or how often.  There will always be enough people who'll vote for them.  I have friends and family who will.  It's the same old reasoning---an R after a name automatically means "good guy"; Repubs are always better than Dems; they've always voted for Rs, or "But who else do we have to support?  We don't have a choice."

Republican politicians know it better than I do, and it's why they continue to get away with lying.