Author Topic: Another Government Agency Has Purged References to Climate Change From Its Site  (Read 479 times)

rangerrebew

Another Government Agency Has Purged References to Climate Change From Its Site
Sidney Fussell
Thursday 3:28pmFiled to: climate change

Data-tracking watchdog group, Environmental Data & Governance Initiative (EDGI), has reported dozens of instances where the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences has deleted references to climate change from its site.

As the name suggests, the NIEHS’ site links to research summaries detailing how the environment affects personal health. Since it began tracking changes to the site in April, the EDGI report found that the NIEHS has deleted dozens of references to climate change or edited them to simply say “climate.”

http://gizmodo.com/another-government-agency-has-purged-references-to-clim-1798397016

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good. Blaming climate is one thing. Implying that it is human-generated change in climate is quite another.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Might this be called "getting back towards normalcy"?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Might this be called "getting back towards normalcy"?
Consider it the first step in a journey of a thousand miles. Literature, scientific journals, popular science, fiction, multimedia, and television, magazines (some quite respected ones), schoolbooks, etc. all have what cumulatively are likely to be billions of references to AGW/human induced climate change. There is a long way to go before that stain of pseudoscience goes away.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis