Author Topic: Campus Flyer: "Ban Veterans From 4 Year Universities'  (Read 592 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Campus Flyer: "Ban Veterans From 4 Year Universities'
« on: August 26, 2017, 06:51:38 pm »
thecollegefix
JENNIFER KABBANY - FIX EDITOR •AUGUST 25, 2017

[excerpt]

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/35999/

A flyer hung at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs by a self-described social justice group suggests veterans at four-year universities are a disruptive threat that should be banned from campus.

The flyer, put up at the public university Thursday by a group calling itself the “Social Justice Collective Weekly,” argued veterans openly mock safe spaces and diversity efforts, which violates the school’s mission.

The flyer, which used a newsletter-style format, added it is “frightening” for some students to have vets in their classes, describing former service members as “overwhelming” and a distraction. It also suggests the “military culture” is akin to a “white supremacist organization,” and that veterans are typically associated with “right-wing groups such as the tea party and NRA.”
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Campus Flyer: "Ban Veterans From 4 Year Universities'
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 07:24:24 pm »
Wow. In an area practically swarming with veterans and active duty military. Pity these cowards won't show their faces.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 07:39:06 pm »
Wow. In an area practically swarming with veterans and active duty military. Pity these cowards won't show their faces.

Cowards? You're being more generous to them than I would be.

How about adding 'Illiterate Morons'?

"White Supremacist"?

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 07:39:25 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 07:42:07 pm »
Cowards? You're being more generous to them than I would be.

How about adding 'Illiterate Morons'?

"White Supremacist"?

Now, now, you know liberal arseholes are allergic to facts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis