Author Topic: McCain blasts Trump over Arpaio pardon  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCain blasts Trump over Arpaio pardon
« on: August 26, 2017, 02:57:01 pm »
The Hill, Aug 25, 2017, Brandon Carter

Sen. John McCain  (R-Ariz.) blasted President Trump over his pardon of former Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Friday, arguing it “undermines his claim for the respect of rule of law.”

“Mr. Arpaio was found guilty of criminal contempt for continuing to illegally profile Latinos living in Arizona based on their perceived immigration status in violation of a judge’s orders,” McCain said in a statement.

“The President has the authority to make this pardon, but doing so at this time undermines his claim for the respect of rule of law as Mr. Arpaio has shown no remorse for his actions.”

Arpaio was convicted of criminal contempt after he disobeyed a federal judge’s order to stop racially profiling individuals suspected of illegally entering the U.S.

McCain’s counterpart in the Senate, Jeff Flake  (R-Ariz.), also criticized Trump’s decision to pardon Arpaio on Friday.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/348080-mccain-trump-pardoning-arpaio-undermines-his-claim-for-the-respect-of-rule-of

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: McCain blasts Trump over Arpaio pardon
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 03:08:19 pm »
Just shut up. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 03:14:01 pm »
Just shut up.

McCain with an opinion is a day without sunshine.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 03:19:36 pm »
From the guy that would be a used car salesman if it weren't for daddy and granddaddy.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 03:27:17 pm »
So the people who ignore immigration law want to lecture other people on respect for the law.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 03:48:02 pm »
Just one more reason to thank Pres. Trump on this latest action! It just keeps getting better.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 03:53:31 pm »

Sen. John McCain  (R-Ariz.) blasted President Trump over his pardon of former Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Friday, arguing it “undermines his claim for the respect of rule of law.”

“Mr. Arpaio was found guilty of criminal contempt for continuing to illegally profile Latinos living in Arizona based on their perceived immigration status in violation of a judge’s orders,” McCain said in a statement.

“The President has the authority to make this pardon, but doing so at this time undermines his claim for the respect of rule of law as Mr. Arpaio has shown no remorse for his actions.”

Arpaio was convicted of criminal contempt after he disobeyed a federal judge’s order to stop racially profiling individuals suspected of illegally entering the U.S.

McCain’s counterpart in the Senate, Jeff Flake  (R-Ariz.), also criticized Trump’s decision to pardon Arpaio on Friday.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/348080-mccain-trump-pardoning-arpaio-undermines-his-claim-for-the-respect-of-rule-of
Wonder if McCain thought this was illegal as well.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/mccain-the-most-reprehensible-of-the-keating-five-6431838
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 03:59:17 pm »
Quote from: RoosGirl link=topic=278552.msg1433266#msg1433

266 date=1503760776
From the guy that would be a used car salesman if it weren't for daddy and granddaddy.

John "Gooks" McCain

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 03:59:57 pm »
Someone on another site said, Obama pardons a known and proved traitor to his country, and the Left cheers. Trump pardons a patriot Sheriff with 30 years of public service, and the Left goes apoplectic.

The fact that McCain is seething with anger about this, tells me that he had some interest in it. He with his buddy Obama set the whole thing up. And McCain can't stand that it didn't work.

Arpaio's "crime" was enforcing laws that the Feds refused to enforce. So now, McCain has either the gall or the stupidity to say that Trump has no respect for the rule of law because Trump pardoned a Sheriff that was enforcing the 'rule of law'. But, of course, we all know that logic means nothing to Liberals like McCain. So, what can you do? Just let him fret and rant until he gets it out of his system.

There is not much McCain can really do to Trump these days. McCain's power is severely diminished since everyone knows he is a lame duck.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 04:02:48 pm »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 04:44:12 pm »
McCain is just another liberal idiot!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 05:18:45 pm »
Ah, the voice of reason and moderation shows up to regale us.  And his little buddy Flake, too.  I wonder how many votes Flake hopes to pick up with this backhanding of the states most populous County?

And this:

Wonder if McCain thought this was illegal as well.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/mccain-the-most-reprehensible-of-the-keating-five-6431838

Thanks for that trip down memory lane!  That article is from 1989, many years ago (I remember it like it was yesterday), and McCain has doe so much more damage to the country since then.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 05:23:23 pm »
Must be suffering from chemo brain....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 06:23:10 pm »
The Hill, Aug 25, 2017, Brandon Carter

McCain and Flake together again.  They will be appearing at the improv for several nights.  Be sure and catch them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

debrawiest

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 06:31:31 pm »
I really wish McCain would resign and spend his last days focusing on his family. I lost a brother to this exact type of brain cancer.  He was in his early 40's and physically strong. Wonderful doctors who were willing to try anything. In the end, he lasted only 2 years from initial diagnosis. The last 6 months were awful. I miss him every day.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 06:45:28 pm »
I really wish McCain would resign and spend his last days focusing on his family. I lost a brother to this exact type of brain cancer.  He was in his early 40's and physically strong. Wonderful doctors who were willing to try anything. In the end, he lasted only 2 years from initial diagnosis. The last 6 months were awful. I miss him every day.

He won't.  Ruling over the serfs is all he knows, and if he were to resign he'd keel over inside of a month.  I'm sorry for your brother, that's an awful thing to have happen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 07:32:06 pm »
Who likely would have died of injuries in the 'Hilton' if it hadn't been for daddy and grandaddy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 07:40:39 pm »
Who likely would have died of injuries in the 'Hilton' if it hadn't been for daddy and grandaddy.

Who likely never would have been in the plane in the first place had Daddy and/or Granddaddy not rescued him from washing out of flight school for crashing trainers with his reckless flying.

Added:  He never should have been allowed in flight school, period!  "...he was fifth from the bottom in class rank, 894th out of 899."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_life_and_military_career_of_John_McCain#Naval_Academy
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 07:45:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline anubias

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 07:43:27 pm »
My thoughts exactly.

Mine as well, except a tad more colorful.  I can't say here what I wish would happen yesterday to the man.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 07:50:09 pm »
Y'all know I'm not big on Trump. Therefore, I can say this with total objectivity. McCain is desperate for relevancy, when he needs to be desperate for looking after his health. All indications are that losing the attention of the media is more devastating to him than being diagnosed with a brain tumor. IMHO, he's the one who's a wacko bird.

I don't wish him ill. It's just that he needs to retire. NOW!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 07:54:41 pm »

I'm so sorry for your very tragic loss. I lost a cousin to it. He was young too. And strapping and healthy. Such a shock, isn't it?

McCain is a geezer. Why on earth can't he cut the cord on his public "service" (using the term loosely), and just spend time with his loved ones? Perhaps he'd be remembered more fondly were he to do that.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 07:55:55 pm »
Who cares what the "Dead Man Walking"  has to say?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2017, 07:56:57 pm »
Who cares what the "Dead Man Walking"  has to say?

The media. He will garner the attention he is seeking. That's what's important to him.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 08:00:42 pm »

Never should have been there in the first place and wouldn't  have be for daddy and granddaddy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 08:08:25 pm »
Never should have been there in the first place and wouldn't  have be for daddy and granddaddy!
True enough, but if they hadn't figured out whose kid he was, chances are he wouldn't have made it out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis