Author Topic: Hurricane Harvey's Landfall as Category 4 Storm Imminent; 130 MPH Gusts Pound Texas Coast; Catastrophic Flooding to Come  (Read 735 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Hurricane Harvey has rapidly intensified and is now a Category 4 hurricane, and landfall just hours away east of Corpus Christi.

The eyewall – the location of the strongest winds – is moving onshore near Rockport, Texas, and a wind gust of 131 mph has already been reported near Port Aransas.

Harvey will be the nation's first major (Category 3 or stronger) hurricane landfall in almost 12 years.  A multi-day deluge of the Texas Gulf Coast with catastrophic and life-threatening flooding and destructive winds through could leave areas uninhabitable for an extended period of time, the National Weather Service warned.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-harvey-forecast-gulf-coast-texas-louisiana
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:53:18 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
"We’re suggesting if people are going to stay here, mark their arm with a Sharpie pen with their name and Social Security number," Rockport Mayor Pro Tem Patrick Rios said at a news conference this morning.

Went through Isabel with my parents in NC back in 2003.  It was a faster moving Cat 3 and was still very bad.  Can't imagine a lingering Cat 4.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:57:54 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
"We’re suggesting if people are going to stay here, mark their arm with a Sharpie pen with their name and Social Security number," Rockport Mayor Pro Tem Patrick Rios said at a news conference this morning.

Went through Isabel with my parents in NC back in 2003.  It was a faster moving Cat 3 and was still very bad.  Can't imagine a lingering Cat 4.

I have never experienced tornadoes or hurricanes. Some blizzards that shut things down for a day or two.

A prayer tonite for the people affected by this.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Applewood

I understand the president has signed the federal disaster declaration, so good on him for being proactive.  I just hope that people affected will get the help they need.  Remember that aid package for Hurricane Sandy, the one Ted Cruz is still taking heat for when he voted against it.  It passed, but the people it was supposed to help got nothing.  Lets not have a repeat of that fiasco.