Author Topic: Republicans resigned to suffering through Trump abuse  (Read 688 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans resigned to suffering through Trump abuse
« on: August 26, 2017, 03:54:35 pm »
by Susan Ferrechio | Aug 26, 2017, 12:01 AM

The only hope for improved relations between President Trump and the Republican Congress might be for Trump to stop criticizing members of his own party, something that nobody expects to happen.

"I don't know that there is much more Trump can do right now to rehabilitate himself with the Senate beyond keeping his mouth shut for a while," said Rory Cooper, managing director of Purple Strategies and a former Republican aide on Capitol Hill.

But some GOP strategists believe it's unlikely Trump will ever back down from his combative approach to dealing with Republicans who don't follow along, given Trump's nature and the fact that criticizing lawmakers cements his image as an outsider.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republicans-resigned-to-suffering-through-trump-abuse/article/2632564
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Republicans resigned to suffering through Trump abuse
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 03:58:15 pm »
No one likes us
No one likes us
We don't care

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 04:10:50 pm »
   The sooner you admit that you have a problem, the sooner you can get around to solving it.
   This is 'not my problem'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 04:25:25 pm »
by Susan Ferrechio | Aug 26, 2017, 12:01 AM

The only hope for improved relations between President Trump and the Republican Congress might be for Trump to stop criticizing members of his own party, something that nobody expects to happen.

"I don't know that there is much more Trump can do right now to rehabilitate himself with the Senate beyond keeping his mouth shut for a while," said Rory Cooper, managing director of Purple Strategies and a former Republican aide on Capitol Hill.

But some GOP strategists believe it's unlikely Trump will ever back down from his combative approach to dealing with Republicans who don't follow along, given Trump's nature and the fact that criticizing lawmakers cements his image as an outsider.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republicans-resigned-to-suffering-through-trump-abuse/article/2632564

Congress is resigned???  We're not.

Congress needs to stop whimpering and begging for pats on the head from Trump and do their dadgum job.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 08:02:44 pm »

Too bad, so sad, don't be mad. It's we your constituents who've been had.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 08:09:07 pm »
Too bad, so sad, don't be mad. It's we your constituents who've been had.

Indeed!  Why is Jon Kostinen still running the IRS?  Why have no criminal charges been brought against Eric Holder for Fast and Furious thing?

Why?  Why?  Why?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:30:39 pm »
Indeed!  Why is Jon Kostinen still running the IRS?  Why have no criminal charges been brought against Eric Holder for Fast and Furious thing?

Why?  Why?  Why?

That little bleep should have been impeached, but we all knew that wouldn't happen since the democrats were in control of the impeachment proceedings.  Right?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 11:34:02 pm »
That little bleep should have been impeached, but we all knew that wouldn't happen since the democrats were in control of the impeachment proceedings.  Right?

Swamp critters sure as hell were!  I don't think party affiliation has a damned thing to do with it.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 11:37:48 pm »
Swamp critters sure as hell were!  I don't think party affiliation has a damned thing to do with it.

LOL.  Republicans had already gained the majority when that happened, so it was actually the republicans in charge of that one.

We're the ones suffering, not the republicants.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 11:43:15 pm »
LOL.  Republicans had already gained the majority when that happened, so it was actually the republicans in charge of that one.

We're the ones suffering, not the republicants.

I know who the majority party was!  It didn't  make a damned bit of difference did it?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 12:06:40 am »
I know who the majority party was!  It didn't  make a damned bit of difference did it?

Name a time when it has.