Author Topic: DHS Chiefs Meet To Determine Fate of DACA  (Read 626 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
DHS Chiefs Meet To Determine Fate of DACA
« on: August 25, 2017, 06:52:57 pm »
dailycaller
WILL RACKE
Immigration and Foreign Policy Reporter
10:47 AM 08/25/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/25/dhs-chiefs-meet-to-determine-fate-of-daca/

The top brass at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) met earlier this week to discuss the future of an amnesty program for illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children, according to a Thursday report.

Acting DHS Secretary Elaine Duke and acting Immigration and Customs Enforcement chief Thomas Homan were among senior department officials who gathered Monday to review the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, an agency official with knowledge of the meeting told The Washington Post.

The meeting suggests the Trump administration is readying an announcement on whether it will continue to grant temporary legal status and work permits to DACA recipients, commonly known as “Dreamers.” During the campaign, President Donald Trump promised to eliminate the program, calling it an “illegal” executive amnesty. Since taking office, however, he has suggested that DACA recipients should “rest easy.”
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: DHS Chiefs Meet To Determine Fate of DACA
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:22:12 pm »
We only have limited resources, in this area. Hence this voter, wants those scarce resources utilized first to be rid of terrorists, and criminals.

Going after some otherwise law-abiding person, just to prove the point we can, is not the most productive use of those resources.

We have had several terror attacks, by people that authorities supposedly were aware of, and watching to some degree. Use limited resources on this priority.

And we have criminals being released from jail/prison in sanctuary cities. Use limited resources there as well.

Only when these two areas are fully under control, is there need to address the young people, by no fault of their own, are present in the US.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: DHS Chiefs Meet To Determine Fate of DACA
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 10:37:18 pm »
We only have limited resources, in this area. Hence this voter, wants those scarce resources utilized first to be rid of terrorists, and criminals.

Going after some otherwise law-abiding person, just to prove the point we can, is not the most productive use of those resources.

We have had several terror attacks, by people that authorities supposedly were aware of, and watching to some degree. Use limited resources on this priority.

And we have criminals being released from jail/prison in sanctuary cities. Use limited resources there as well.

Only when these two areas are fully under control, is there need to address the young people, by no fault of their own, are present in the US.

I would agree, except for two things:

1) DACA is just some executive policy/order, and I believe any policy that essentially permits people to stay here legally should be enacted into law.  So, I'd kill DACA, but say that it should be addressed in legislation.

2) Then I'd hold that legislation hostage to get border security/wall funds.  A pretty fair tradeoff.  "You want people who came her illegally to stay in this country?  Then you need to help me secure the border so that this doesn't act as an incentive for more to come and get the same deal later."