Author Topic: In response to Trump, Pakistan claims no terrorist groups operate on its soil  (Read 635 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In response to Trump, Pakistan claims no terrorist groups operate on its soil
By Bill Roggio | August 23, 2017 | admin@longwarjournal.org | @billroggio

Pakistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs claimed that the country does not permit terrorist groups to operate on its soil, and denounced what it called “the false narrative of safe havens.” Instead, Pakistan blamed their long-running dispute with India over Jammu and Kashmir as the root cause of instability in the region.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs was responding to President Donald Trump’s assertion that the US “can no longer be silent about Pakistan’s safe havens for terrorist organizations, the Taliban, and other groups that pose a threat to the region and beyond,” during his speech on Aug. 21 that outlined US strategy towards Afghanistan and the wider South Asia region.

“Pakistan has also sheltered the same organizations that try every single day to kill our people,” Trump said later in the speech, which was a scathing rebuke of Pakistan’s perfidy towards the US and its allies in Afghanistan. “No partnership can survive a country’s harboring of militants and terrorists who target US service members and officials.”

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs responded to Trumps comments yesterday in an official statement which was released on its web site.

Continued: http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2017/08/in-response-to-trump-pakistan-claims-no-terrorist-groups-operate-on-its-soil.php

Oceander

Did anyone expect them to say anything else?

Wingnut

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs? 

I want to know what the Ministry of Silly Walks has to say on the subject.

Oceander

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs? 

I want to know what the Ministry of Silly Walks has to say on the subject.

Sorry mate, they only walk the walk, they don't talk the talk!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What about the ISI?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

Sorry mate, they only walk the walk, they don't talk the talk!
:silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They were caught harboring Osama bin Ladin within sight of one of their military bases.  I know they are accustomed to Obama as CiC, so I presume they think we're all idiots.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just like they had no idea where Osama bin Laden was?

Why of course I believe them,  why would they lie?