Author Topic: Dems launch effort to cut off White House salaries for Gorka and Miller  (Read 506 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems launch effort to cut off White House salaries for Gorka and Miller
By Cristina Marcos - 08/25/17 03:41 PM EDT

A pair of House Democrats unveiled proposals on Friday to cut off the salaries of controversial White House aides Stephen Miller and Sebastian Gorka.

California Democratic Reps. Jared Huffman and Barbara Lee submitted amendments to a government spending package expected on the House floor during the first week of September.

The language of their amendments prohibit the use of federal funds to pay the salaries of Miller and Gorka, specifically naming both aides in the legislative text.

more

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/348006-dems-launch-effort-to-cut-off-white-house-salaries-for-gorka-and-miller
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Dems launch effort to cut off White House salaries for Gorka and Miller
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 08:52:02 pm »
It's not an "effort."  It's legislative graffiti.

the rats are the best thing to happen to President Trump.  They are off the wall kooky and we ain't close to elections.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Dems launch effort to cut off White House salaries for Gorka and Miller
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 09:23:16 pm »
So, if somebody else is hired in these jobs it's OK?  Or, if these two want different jobs in the Trump White House that's not OK?  Or is the Congress singling out these two individuals for firing without cause?  Can they directly insert themselves into White Hose personnel decisions that are not posts requiring confirmation?  I'm a little confused here.

I am pretty sure the prohibition against Bills of Attainder doesn't apply here, nobody's threatening jail.  But it seems off the Congress thinks it can say who's hired and who's not. (Other than posts requiring Senate Confirmation, I get that.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: