Author Topic: Does Anybody Understand What These Never Trump Republicans Think They’re Achieving?  (Read 5848 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I'm so offended.  Where's my fainting couch?
@RoosGirl
A thinking woman deserves a way better fainting couch . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@RoosGirl

Now you've done it.  You've grievously insulted her with a couch capable of holding One Ton Tessie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

Now you've done it.  You've grievously insulted her with a couch capable of holding One Ton Tessie.
@Cyber Liberty
@RoosGirl
It was supposed to be for the lady and her husband/significant other to luxuriate within
. . . jeeeeeeeeeeeez  :chairbang:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:20:22 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline mountaineer

It was supposed to be for the lady and her husband/significant other to luxuriate within
Along with Carlsberg and St. Pauli Girl!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

And that is a way better couch!   888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
@RoosGirl
It's a good thing she likes us.  Well, I hope she does....  :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

@Cyber Liberty
@RoosGirl

LOL.  I have 3 big dogs.  There would almost be room left for me once they got up there and made themselves at home.

Not my Shorthair, but this is their usual laying style.

Oh yeah, and the husband and kid too. ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:40:25 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline Polly Ticks

It's baseball season, so I usually have my evening spoken for with more important stuff anyway.

Oh, yeah!! Reality TV at it's best, baby.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline EasyAce

LOL.  I have 3 big dogs.  There would almost be room left for me once they got up there and made themselves at home.

Not my Shorthair, but this is their usual laying style.

Oh yeah, and the husband and kid too. ;)
@RoosGirl
Fellow shorthair lover!

Offline EasyAce

Oh, yeah!! Reality TV at it's best, baby.

@Polly Ticks
And those fools think "reality tv" is real . . . heh, heh, heh

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl
Fellow shorthair lover!

<3  The puppy on the left in my Avatar is 8 years old now and the old grey gentleman on the right left me 6 years ago and I miss him every day.

Offline EasyAce

<3  The puppy on the left in my Avatar is 8 years old now and the old grey gentleman on the right left me 6 years ago and I miss him every day.
Mine is now 12. My other shorthair lived to 16 and left last year, and he is still very much missed, too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A good rant!

More from the article:
"So if you're not going to change Trump, what do you think you're going to do? Do you think you're going to somehow drive Trump out of office? Let’s run down that scenario. Now we have President Pence, and about 75% of your party’s base infuriated at your backstabbing betrayal. That seems disastrous even if you buy the idea that President Pence would somehow preside over a return to something like business as usual. He might, at least until the next election. Then you're all toast. Let's just say that in addition to your treachery, your past track record of total failure to achieve the conservative goals you promised won’t particularly inspire Trump supporters to lend you their support.

Or maybe you think our voters would just be so disgusted that they would let the Democrats grab a majority on Capitol Hill and the White House too. Maybe you figure you could live with that. Maybe you think you can wait out the base’s fury by crawling back into the comfortable gimp box of submissive GOP congressional opposition.

Except it won’t work that way. Through all this Tea Partying and Trumping, we normals got a taste for power, and we like it. We're not just going to just shrug our shoulders when the guy we picked gets deposed in a coup. We’re going to get mad. Really mad. And you're going to get primaried. Just ask Jeff Flake (Dork-AZ). Have you seen his approval numbers? There are strains of the herpes virus that poll higher.

No, there's no going back to the old days. This is the new normal, and there are new rules, rules you better learn to play by. The most important of these is, “Take your own voters’ side in a fight.” You should try it, because if you didn't like the Tea Party, and you hate Donald Trump, you are going to be really, really, really unhappy with what we normals will do next."

Addendum:
Every night here at the Briefing Room there's a "Seinfeld thread" like this one.
It's a rantin' and ravin' festival!
No point in reading it, just put up a post and like the moving hand having writ, move on...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 01:49:24 am by Fishrrman »