Author Topic: How 139 countries could be powered by 100 percent wind, water, and solar energy by 2050  (Read 2178 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Look for Californicatia to collide with reality by 2020......

It's on the way for sure, if it's 2020 it will be because Moonbeam managed to keep the time bomb from going off until he's safely out of office.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

I talked with my husband if we could change out the LED for incandescents during the winter, but with 20' ceilings in the main part of the house we decided it was more of a pain than it was worth. :)

From the calculations I've seen, the difference in energy from LED to incandescent, and the efficiency of heating units versus bulbs, it's better to stick with LED and increase the thermostat.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

From the calculations I've seen, the difference in energy from LED to incandescent, and the efficiency of heating units versus bulbs, it's better to stick with LED and increase the thermostat.

I bet those calculations use the theoretical life of an LED don't take into account how long an LED *really* lasts, which isn't nearly as long.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I bet those calculations use the theoretical life of an LED don't take into account how long an LED *really* lasts, which isn't nearly as long.
LED's spool up slowly in the cold, and there are times when a little heat from a light bulb can be beneficial. Besides, I have a large supply of incandescents with heavy duty filaments. They'll last a while.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Isn't it striking that when you purview the lightbulb aisle of Home Depot, one can barely find any more CFLs?

Back when the govt regulators began the phase out of incandescent bulbs, CFLs were supposed to fill the void, as LEDs were not developed as yet for mass production.

I never did like those sorry spiral bulbs, and they were an environmental hazard as well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

Isn't it striking that when you purview the lightbulb aisle of Home Depot, one can barely find any more CFLs?

Back when the govt regulators began the phase out of incandescent bulbs, CFLs were supposed to fill the void, as LEDs were not developed as yet for mass production.

I never did like those sorry spiral bulbs, and they were an environmental hazard as well.
I'm still running on my stockpile of incandescents from before that. I always thought those 'screw bulbs' were shaped that way for a reason and never bought any.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

The biggest consequence of this is a lower standard of living, substantially lower, for a large number of people. And for what? A goal not based on science, economics or basic reason. Just emotional clap trap...

Offline Smokin Joe

The biggest consequence of this is a lower standard of living, substantially lower, for a large number of people. And for what? A goal not based on science, economics or basic reason. Just emotional clap trap...
It is an opportunity to redistribute vast amounts of money, as well as entire income streams, too. For those not involved in the new industry, it is designed to make them marginalized, economically, in effect changing the hands holding the reins of power in more ways than one.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'm still running on my stockpile of incandescents from before that. I always thought those 'screw bulbs' were shaped that way for a reason and never bought any.
In cold climates such as where you live, incandescents make much more sense.  Here, the heat given off by them makes it better at times to switch to LEDs.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

In cold climates such as where you live, incandescents make much more sense.  Here, the heat given off by them makes it better at times to switch to LEDs.
Yep. No one size fits all policy fits everyone. That's the beauty of freedom, you can do what works for you. Only, if you didn't see it coming, you can't.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

Yep. No one size fits all policy fits everyone. That's the beauty of freedom, you can do what works for you. Only, if you didn't see it coming, you can't.

Which is why an overweening bureaucracy of "experts" who try to tell everyone how to live and what to do in all situations is absolutely senseless.

Offline Smokin Joe

Which is why an overweening bureaucracy of "experts" who try to tell everyone how to live and what to do in all situations is absolutely senseless.
Which is why when there were a mere 13 States scattered up and down a coast, the Founders had enough sense to leave all but a very small portion of government power in the hands of the States and the People, and did not delegate those duties to the Federal Government. The needs and problems of the larger Federation have grown no less complex on a State to State basis, but the Founders had the solution to that. The Leviathan does not.

C S Lewis

Offline MajorClay

I'm skeptical

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm skeptical

You're skeptical of a BS prediction of what's going to happen 30 years down the road?  Why ever would that be?  :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander