Author Topic: Why you should think twice before lighting fireworks on the 4th of July: Researchers warn toxic chemicals and noise can damage the environment and harm your health  (Read 710 times)

rangerrebew

Why you should think twice before lighting fireworks on the 4th of July: Researchers warn toxic chemicals and noise can damage the environment and harm your health

Fireworks contain toxic chemicals such as copper, lead and perchlorates
    When fireworks explode, the lead to spikes in dangerous levels of air pollution
    A study found that these short term peaks have been associated with negative impacts on respiratory and cardiovascular health
    Fireworks can even disturb birds - during a New Year's Eve fireworks display in Beebe, Arkansas in 2010, 5,000 red-winged blackbirds fell from the sky and died

By Cecile Borkhataria For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:13 EDT, 3 July 2017 | Updated: 15:20 EDT, 5 July 2017

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4662098/Fireworks-pollute-atmosphere-disturb-birds.html#ixzz4qfaflSqG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Polly Ticks

I don't mind them for the most part but for the love of all that is holy STOP setting them off after reasonable people go to bed!

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Wingnut

Gee if you follow that logic Cruise Patriot, and Sparrow missiles, ICBM's, Lawz rockets could cause air pollution and a death or too.

Offline dfwgator

Why don't they just come right out and say it,  "Celebrating the 4th of July is racist."

Wingnut

Why don't they just come right out and say it,  "Celebrating the 4th of July is racist."

Only if your bottle rocket was made by Rorbert Lee in a factory in China.

Offline Joe Wooten

I've been shooting off fireworks and model rockets for over 50 years and I have no dain bramage.........