Author Topic: White House Sets Rules for Military Transgender Ban  (Read 5609 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
White House Sets Rules for Military Transgender Ban
« on: August 24, 2017, 01:19:10 am »

WASHINGTON—The White House is expected to send guidance to the Pentagon in coming days on how to implement a new administration ban on transgender people in the military, issuing a policy that will allow Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to consider a service member’s ability to deploy in deciding whether to kick them out of the military.

The White House memo also directs the Pentagon to deny admittance to transgender individuals and to stop spending on medical treatment regimens for those currently serving, according to U.S. officials familiar with the document.

The 2½-page memo gives Mr. Mattis six months to prepare to fully implement the new ban, according to these officials.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-sets-rules-for-military-transgender-ban-1503534757
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: White House Sets Rules for Military Transgender Ban
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 01:20:27 am »
Excellent news if true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 02:16:41 am »
Next up:
Restore "don't ask, don't tell"...
...as a prelude to even stronger action later on.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 02:17:18 am »

Two thumbs up!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 02:35:35 am »
Good!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 02:37:26 am »
The White House memo also directs the Pentagon to deny admittance to transgender individuals and to stop spending on medical treatment regimens for those currently serving, according to U.S. officials familiar with the document.

Excellent....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 07:36:20 am »
Outstanding.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 10:16:59 am »
Social Conservative issue, isn't this out-of-bounds for this forum to even mention? Won't they be reprimanded nastily for mentioning this?

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 12:19:25 pm »
Another step closer to removing the mental defects from the military

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 12:21:53 pm »
Social Conservative issue, isn't this out-of-bounds for this forum to even mention? Won't they be reprimanded nastily for mentioning this?

Someone's still butt-hurt.  :whistle:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 12:24:41 pm »
That may be more information than we need... :nometalk:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 12:25:15 pm »

Pegged it!

debrawiest

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 12:32:41 pm »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-sets-rules-for-military-transgender-ban-1503534757

This is great news. Kudos to the Trump administrative!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 12:41:14 pm »
A sop to social conservatives.  Why not get the views of military leaders?   According to the article:

[T]here was no push from senior leaders to re-establish the ban on transgender service members

Defense officials have been perplexed about how they can legally or morally justify separating open transgender service members from the service, especially those who were invited to identify themselves when the ban was lifted
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 12:44:41 pm »
A sop to social conservatives.  Why not get the views of military leaders?   According to the article:

What do you think Victoria’s secret is?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 12:57:55 pm »
The military separates people all the time.

If you cannot function because you are afraid to deploy on a plane, ship, or in the field.
Drug/Alcohol abuse.
What is called antisocial personality disorder is a big one.
Weight/PT issues.
And many more.

Getting kicked out of the military is not in any way a 'unique' situation. In fact it is fairly common. And it is not in any way related to race, gender, or sexuality. It is about whether or not you can do your job.

The way I read the order is that if someone's so called trans-sexual issues are preventing them from performing their designated military function. Then they have to go.

The military is in no way a social services or welfare organization. If you can't do your job, you're gone. It doesn't matter who (or what) you are. We can't have a 'protected class' in the military. It never has and it never will. Because it simply doesn't work.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:59:55 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 01:00:19 pm »

If you cannot function because you are afraid to deploy on a plane, ship, or in the field.
Drug/Alcohol abuse.
Weight/PT issues.
And many more.

Getting kicked out of the military is not in any way a 'unique' situation. In fact it is fairly common. And it is not in any way related to race, gender, or sexuality. It is about whether or not you can do your job.

The way I read the order is that if someone's so called trans-sexual issues are preventing them from performing their designated military function. Then they have to go.

The military is in no way a social services or welfare organization. If you can't do your job, you're gone. It doesn't matter who (or what) you are. We can't have a 'protected class' in the military. It never has and it never will. Because it simply doesn't work.

Beside which, there is no such thing as a transgendered person and no amount of elective surgery will ever create one!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 01:09:13 pm »

Drug/Alcohol abuse.
Weight/PT issues.
And many more.

No disagreement there.  But why cannot the military devise its own policies?   Why does it have to remove skilled, competent folks it wouldn't otherwise have any objection to,  just because a politician wants to provide a sop to social conservatives?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 01:11:38 pm »
Ban may save US government $2 billion dollars. I saw that somewhere and the usual caveat that the military should not be a place for social engineering experiments.

Transgenderism is another matter that is not proven by science.

Sure, we should treat these people equally in society, all within reason. Not more equal.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 01:23:15 pm »
Transgender: We’re ‘Medically Reliant’ Like Diabetics, Asthmatics; ‘Should Be Disqualified’ from Military

Why should a transgender person who must take hormones daily to maintain his/her status be allowed to serve while my child is banned from the military because he takes ADHD medication?  It's crazy.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 01:23:24 pm »
No disagreement there.  But why cannot the military devise its own policies?   Why does it have to remove skilled, competent folks it wouldn't otherwise have any objection to,  just because a politician wants to provide a sop to social conservatives?

That would be great. Unfortunately, the military doesn't work like that. The CIC, Congress, and the government as a whole, has been defining military policies basically forever. That's why we lost Vietnam, because of all the interference. Even Patton had to constantly deal with politicians bringing 'politics' into military decisions. Carter wanted to disarm and change the military into the 'International Peace Corps'.

This is certainly nothing new. Obama was the worst President ever at interfering with the military.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:37:42 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 01:29:02 pm »

"Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates said that 'the only military matter . . . about which I ever sensed deep passion on [Obama's] part was 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell.'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/politics/transgender-ban-lifted-us-military/index.html

Everything you need to know about his priorities as CiC.

They had their own policies until 1993.  Clinton wanted to lift the gay ban against the advice of generals.  That eventually led to DADT, until that was scrapped by Obama for open service in 2011.  Ash Carter announced the trans decision in 2016.  All SOPs for social liberals. In those three instances, the decisions were not made by internal discussions among commanders.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:36:00 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 01:31:57 pm »
Transgender: We’re ‘Medically Reliant’ Like Diabetics, Asthmatics; ‘Should Be Disqualified’ from Military

Why should a transgender person who must take hormones daily to maintain his/her status be allowed to serve while my child is banned from the military because he takes ADHD medication?  It's crazy.

There is no such thing as a 'Transgendered person" damnit!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 01:41:54 pm »
Are these people skilled and competent, or did they advance in rank based on political considerations given to a very small special interest group? If the latter, then replace them with competent people, especially at flag ranks before we end up losing more vessels to cargo ships and more troops to ROE that have no business being established and only hobble troops on the ground. With the downsized military taking on more responsibilities, performance is indeed paramount.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 01:48:09 pm »
There is no such thing as a 'Transgendered person" damnit!

LOL -- ok, I don't disagree with you.  I should have said "transgender" person.