Author Topic: Court rules high school football coach cannot pray on the field  (Read 374 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The 9th district court strikes again!  How is praying unconstitutional?  So ... let me get this straight; schools across the nation are forcing Islamic indoctrination, but we can't allow a football coach to kneel and bow his head in a quick prayer?  Got it! Folks we are in serious, serious trouble and I am absolutely furious and I hope this coach doesn't give up and this makes its way all the way to the Supreme Court!   God help us all!  I pray that this country starts to reverse the blatant discrimination that is happening against Christianity.  I pray that more and more Christians openly display praying in public; not only do we need courageous conservatives to stand up and reclaim the promise of America,  but we also need courageous Christian conservatives to stand up and reclaim the promise of America.

Court rules high school football coach cannot pray on the field

A Washington state high school football coach who was punished for taking a knee at the 50-yard line for a post-game prayer violated the U.S. Constitution, according to the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

A three-judge panel ruled the Bremerton School District was justified in suspending Coach Joe Kennedy after he took a knee and prayed silently at midfield after football games...

..."The 9th Circuit believes they can ban all coaches from praying individually in public just because they can be seen," Dys said. "That is simply wrong. It is not American. And it is not the America contemplated by our Constitution."

First Liberty Institute said they have not yet decided whether to appeal the ruling.

"Now all coaches across the country stand under the prospect of being prevented from engaging in any outward displays of religion,” Dys told me. "That includes crossing yourself or even taking a knee to pray."

That’s right, folks – not even Catholic coaches will be allowed to cross themselves in public, the attorney said.

Welcome to the America that was fundamentally transformed by President Obama and his activist judges....

....It’s a nation where football players can take a knee to disrespect the flag, but a coach can’t take a knee to pray to the Almighty.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/23/court-rules-high-school-football-coach-cannot-pray-on-field.html

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:11:30 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.