Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton defends Barron Trump after conservative website bashes his clothes  (Read 1614 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chelsea Clinton defends Barron Trump after conservative website bashes his clothes

By Samantha Schmidt August 22 at 1:52 AM

Once again, Barron Trump has become the target of online criticism. And once again, political figures, celebrities and others on social media are standing up for the 11-year-old, imploring the media to keep the youngest Trump out of the negative limelight.

On Monday night, conservative news outlet the Daily Caller published a story attacking Barron for the T-shirt and shorts he wore while boarding Air Force One on Sunday. The headline read, “It’s High Time Barron Trump Starts Dressing Like He’s In the White House.”

In a barrage of angry tweets, many described the story as “mean spirited,” “shameful,” intrusive and irrelevant. The reactions shared a common understanding that the president’s children are supposed to be off-limits.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/22/chelsea-clinton-defends-barron-trump-after-conservative-website-bashes-his-clothes/?utm_term=.8fda3196829a
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Yeah he looks goofy but she's right.

Besides, who really cares how he dresses?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lest we forget

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:21:10 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Lest we forget

Much like Confederate memorials those pictures have been removed.  They are racist don't you know

Offline Polly Ticks

Forcing an 11-year-old child to wear any type of formal clothing would be against his constitutional right to not endure cruel and unusual punishment.  Just ask my 11-year-old.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This could trigger a few strokes over at the Daily Caller  ....  888blackhat

Wingnut

Forcing an 11-year-old child to wear any type of formal clothing would be against his constitutional right to not endure cruel and unusual punishment.  Just ask my 11-year-old.

By the way...when is the White House Cotillion?

debrawiest

Let him be a kid! He can dress however he wants, provided his parents approve.  Sheesh!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I remember quite well the intense media protection of Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, and the Obama spawn. Attacking Barron for being a kid is hateful.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I have a feeling TheDC piece was sarcasm/satire.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ConstitutionRose

My grandson is 11.  All he cares about vis a vis  his clothing is that it is comfortable.  Why would anyone care.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Millee

I remember quite well the intense media protection of Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, and the Obama spawn. Attacking Barron for being a kid is hateful.

The Bush girls didn't receive the same protection from the media.  **nononono*   They should lay off all the kids. 

Offline Applewood

The Bush girls didn't receive the same protection from the media.  **nononono*   They should lay off all the kids.

I agree.  I used to feel the same way about wives till that [expletive] Michelle O. came along.

Offline thackney

I agree.  I used to feel the same way about wives till that [expletive] Michelle O. came along.

I started earlier:

Hillary Clinton To Head Panel On Health Care
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/26/us/hillary-clinton-to-head-panel-on-health-care.html?mcubz=3
January 26, 1993

President Clinton today appointed his wife, Hillary, to head a committee to prepare legislation for overhauling the nation's health-care system. It is the most powerful official post ever assigned to a First Lady.

Introducing his health panel, the President said its task would be to have a proposal for Congress within 100 days of his inauguration last Wednesday, and he quickly added that "this task force will be chaired by the First Lady, Hillary Rodham Clinton."....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline montanajoe

I leave the family out espically the kids but the wifes also...

Every president since Reagan has presented such a target rich number of areas to offer criticism that going after the family seems to me to be a demonstration of lazy thinking on the part of those throwing the dirt... :shrug:

Offline Applewood

I leave the family out espically the kids but the wifes also...

Every president since Reagan has presented such a target rich number of areas to offer criticism that going after the family seems to me to be a demonstration of lazy thinking on the part of those throwing the dirt... :shrug:

I agree for the most part.  Michelle, however, was a hateful , miserable, unpatriotic (expletive).  I couldn't keep quiet about her. 

Even though I'm no fan of Trump, I think his wife is a classy lady.  At least I've never heard Melania say she was never so proud of America until her husband was elected president. 

Offline musiclady

He looks perfectly respectable in a T shirt and khaki shorts.

And he's ELEVEN!!

(What's wrong with people???)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I agree for the most part.  Michelle, however, was a hateful , miserable, unpatriotic (expletive).  I couldn't keep quiet about her. 

Even though I'm no fan of Trump, I think his wife is a classy lady.  At least I've never heard Melania say she was never so proud of America until her husband was elected president.

Michelle was an exception to practically every rule.

And I'm sure was the cause of a lot of bleeding tongues among conservatives with Obama-worshipping family members and friends....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Good for her.  The only ones who truly understand what it's like for Barron are the other kids of former Presidents who grew up in the spotlight of living in the WH.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Melania Trump thanks Chelsea Clinton for defending Barron Trump after website bashes his clothes
Washington Post, Aug 22, 2017

<snip>

Following the story’s publication, the White House on Tuesday asked the news media to give Barron space.

“As with all previous administrations, we ask that the media give Barron his privacy,” Stephanie Grisham, a spokeswoman for Mrs. Trump, told the Associated Press. “He is a minor child and deserves every opportunity to have a private childhood.”

Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton, who has come to Barron’s defense before, weighed in with a tweet: “It’s high time the media & everyone leave Barron Trump alone & let him have the private childhood he deserves.”

She later followed up with another message, tweeting, “Barron is A KID. No child should be talked about in the below manner-in real life or online. And for an adult to do so? For shame”

Tuesday night, Melania Trump responded with a tweet thanking Chelsea Clinton and saying, “so important to support all of our children in being themselves! #StopChildhoodBullying”

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/22/chelsea-clinton-defends-barron-trump-after-conservative-website-bashes-his-clothes/?utm_term=.6083d337927c

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:20:34 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks for the update.  Took some class for Chelsea to speak out and class for Mrs. Trump to show her appreciation.

@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks for the update.  Took some class for Chelsea to speak out and class for Mrs. Trump to show her appreciation.

You're welcome @Applewood  ... and I agree with both points.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah he looks goofy but she's right.

Besides, who really cares how he dresses?
He's a kid. They all look goofy at that age, except mine, of course, and maybe yours--and virtually any parent will tell you the same thing, word for word.
Leave the kid out of the crap. For once, Chelsea is right, but she's been there, done that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis