Author Topic: Jared and Ivanka push Trump to give citizenship to illegals brought as children in move toward immigration deal with Democrats  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Some horsetrading has to go on. I'm certainly not for this but sometimes, things don't get done without some give and take. Barry Goldwater knew this, Ronald Reagan knew this.

But some of the "Super Conservatives" who get nothing done will have nothing to do with this.

Correct.  The so-called "dreamers" (man, do I hate that word) at least are without moral fault - they did not break laws to come here.   If the price for more effective border security is cutting dreamers a break, that strikes me as sensible and effective pragmatism.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Pretend Conservatives who are nothing but party hack bootlickers have done nothing but trade away and surrender any semblance of Conservatism

Cruelty for its own sake isn't Conservatism, and it certainly isn't Christian.   Heck,  Christian compassion alone ought to justify cutting dreamers a break,  and here it's being proposed as a trading chip for getting the funds to build the border wall.   

Yet, it's still beyond the pale for our resident self-appointed spokesman for God.  *****rollingeyes***** 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
:bigsilly:

I'm just glad the guy I see in the mirror doesn't try to turn away in shame like Trumpers must do.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Like it or not, it's the proper thing to do. 

I don't like it...but it does blunt the cries of "Nazi" and "Racist" baloney.

...and gives pause to the American Hispanic born to illegal parents ..when evaluating Donald Trump.

Yes, it is the proper thing to do to cut law-abiding dreamers a break,  and, yeah, I'm okay with the reality that for some it still needs to be justified for selfish reasons ("it blunts the cries of 'Nazi' and 'Racist' baloney")

I'll come out and say it, and be slain for it -  it's the right thing to do, period.   

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Please understand that "dreamers" are only a first step, one carefully crafted to maximize sympathy to get this foot in the door. Next, dems will be shrieking nonstop about the cruelty of "splitting up families". No deportation of immediate family members, then extended family, then their extended families. Then legal admittance for all the family members not already here, or previously deported. Once you start, there is no endgame, and repubs will go on being the worst Nazi racists to ever walk the planet. Anyone who thinks that will change is the real dreamer...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline roamer_1

Please understand that "dreamers" are only a first step

Nonsense! It's not a first step... It;s the whole thing. Anyone under 40 can claim to be a dreamer. That's pretty well every single illegal alien in the country since 1980.