Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 35290 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #275 on: August 22, 2017, 11:29:02 pm »
Well, pretty sure they will be better than the dems and I'm hoping they're conservative.
I have noticed Dems only rarely vote against the Party Line.

Republicans seem to manage consistently to do so, especially on critical votes, in sufficient number to thwart the sort of legislative progress that might convince me that they meant one splinter of their party platform.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2017, 11:33:15 pm »
You know you will be accused of being an enemy of the good because you expect and want perfection, which they say is impossible to strive for, while choosing the lesser Liberal Leftist is noble, good and right.

I don't want perfection. I just want Conservatism.
It ain't that hard.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #277 on: August 22, 2017, 11:34:15 pm »
@txradioguy

Given that he has done some of the CONSERVATIVE things that previous alleged Republican presidents didn't even attempt to do,WTF do you care WHAT he calls himself?

He can call himself a Buick if he wants to,but so far he is still the most conservative president we have had since Reagan left office,yet you are bitching about him.
Considering that many of the conservative things he has done were just rescinding or reversing Obama policies, I really don't think any of the other Republican Presidents could have done that (without being prescient).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #278 on: August 22, 2017, 11:36:22 pm »

Republicans seem to manage consistently to do so, especially on critical votes, in sufficient number to thwart the sort of legislative progress that might convince me that they meant one splinter of their party platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emc1M5F9I-E

Offline aligncare

« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2017, 12:13:59 am »
@txradioguy

Given that he has done some of the CONSERVATIVE things that previous alleged Republican presidents didn't even attempt to do,WTF do you care WHAT he calls himself?

He can call himself a Buick if he wants to,but so far he is still the most conservative president we have had since Reagan left office,yet you are bitching about him.

Great point. Conservative is what one does, not just what they say at reelection. (Right, Mitch?)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2017, 01:59:43 am »
Great point. Conservative is what one does, not just what they say at reelection. (Right, Mitch?)

BTW...Same thing goes for Trump.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #281 on: August 23, 2017, 05:35:18 am »
Codevila says the House did their job, makes no mention of the Commander in Chief, Codevilla pinpoints the senators, Republican senators as governing like Democrats for the Uniparty. I agree, this is on topic, McConnel, McCain, Cruz, Paul, Rubio are all a bunch of sell-out fake conservatives.  That's on topic. Whom makes it about others are those who hijack the thread.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #282 on: August 23, 2017, 06:17:11 am »
Codevila says the House did their job, makes no mention of the Commander in Chief, Codevilla pinpoints the senators, Republican senators as governing like Democrats for the Uniparty. I agree, this is on topic, McConnel, McCain, Cruz, Paul, Rubio are all a bunch of sell-out fake conservatives.  That's on topic. Whom makes it about others are those who hijack the thread.

Says the master Projectionist who earlier in this same thread decided to try and hijack the thread and turn it into another treatise about abortion and Trump in an effort to shut the thread down until a Mod told you to stuff it.

You got caught and now you want to deflect because you got sore ass from the scolding.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mod2

« Reply #283 on: August 23, 2017, 11:32:56 am »
That's more than enough from both of you.  Threads may not be shut down, but disruptors may be.

Remember, the thread is Replacing the Republican Party, not seeing who can get away with the most insults.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #284 on: August 23, 2017, 12:38:15 pm »

This is true, and the lack of party discipline has doomed the ACA reform, and the prospects for tax reform don't look much better.   It's like trying to address nascent holes in a dike - once you've got Rand Paul nailed down, Susan Collins or John McCain bolts.   

Changing the rules in the Senate to eliminate the filibuster would help, but at the price of empowering those "party-line" Dems when (not if) they regain power.    For example,  ACA reform could probably have been dragged across the finish line if the bill could have included tort reform that was barred by the budget reconciliation restrictions.     

The more fundamental problem is that the centrist and conservative wings of the GOP are not natural allies on many issues - and the fate of entitlement programs is one of those issues.   Also,  the Dems don't tolerate the wedge issue of abortion -  no dissent is permitted.   The GOP,  however, includes both libertarian and socially conservative members,  and that leads to awkward situations like banning funding for Planned Parenthood in an ACA reform bill.   I don't know how many conservative Senators would have voted against ACA reform if the funding ban hadn't been included, but at least two centrists are on record as saying the ban was a key reason for their non-support. 

And that was enough to defeat reform and keep ObamaCare alive.   
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:40:08 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2017, 12:54:28 pm »
What Conservative things might those be?

@txradioguy

You are neither stupid nor blind and deaf. You know even if you woon't admit it,so why waste my time looking it all up and providing links you won't read or will claim are lies?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2017, 12:58:32 pm »
@sneakypete

I didn't like him much from the start. Figured that apple didn't fall too far from the horse. I hoped a little Texas had rubbed off on him... but his second term showed him to still be from HighAnusPort. I deeply regret voting for him that second term. And I knew better.

@roamer_1
Ok,I stopped one election before you. After his first term and him pimping out the US Military to the asshat King of Saudi Arabia,I was done. I would have voted for Jimmy Carter or Clinton before I would have voted for him. Nice man personally,but despite his staged macho of clearing brush at Camp Photo Op, a punk mama's boy drunken closeted homo of a president.

In fact,I hadn't cast a vote for President since Boy Jorge's first term until Trump ran as a Republican. Even then half the reason was because he was and is neither a Republican nor a Dim,and the other half of the reason was he wasn't Bubbette! and the hope he would throw a few political grenades into the monkey works once in office. Or at least cause a dozen or so Professional Party People to have strokes and thereby make the world a better place.

No luck on the strokes YET,but it's still early days and it costs nothing to hope. He sure does have all the professional criminal class we call "politicians" in a uproar,though. The hatred directed towards him is the most bi-partisan thing I have ever seen congress come together on.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:45:42 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2017, 01:06:28 pm »

@Smokin Joe

That's because they are "Republicans of convience",not real Republicans. They ran for office as Republicans because that was what they needed to do to get the nomination and to win,not because they believe ANY of the conservative POV's.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2017, 01:08:44 pm »
@txradioguy

You are neither stupid nor blind and deaf. You know even if you woon't admit it,so why waste my time looking it all up and providing links you won't read or will claim are lies?

Got it so off the top of your head you can't provide squat.  that's what I thought.

And you're so busy running around ranting for no reason at all you've either run right over or purposely ignored...as have others...the times I've supported Trump on things he's done right.

Typical...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #289 on: August 23, 2017, 01:26:21 pm »
@Smokin Joe

That's because they are "Republicans of convience",not real Republicans. They ran for office as Republicans because that was what they needed to do to get the nomination and to win,not because they believe ANY of the conservative POV's.

The problem with that is there are more of the "republicans of convenience" than conservatives in the party. If the party does nothing to discipline them or bring them in line, then the party owns them.  Therefore they ARE republicans. Period.
God is still in control

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2017, 01:32:38 pm »
:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2017, 01:34:12 pm »
I don't want perfection. I just want Conservatism.
It ain't that hard.

@roamer_1

Yeah,it IS that hard or we would already have it. The reason for this is there is no money and no power in being a conservative because it means you aren't a team player,and the other politicians can't count on you to throw some graft their way. Conservatism cuts into their cash flow and their power because it benefits the people more than it benefits the lawmakers.

You are old enough you should remember what the DNC and their accomplices in the alleged Republican Party and the media did to Barry Goldwater. The lies they told about him teeter on the border of criminality. He flat scared them all to death because he put country before self,and he couldn't be bought or blackmailed.

Reagan winning office was a fluke. The left consider themselves to be geniuses,and they didn't take Reagan seriously because they thought he was a slow-witted Rube. After all,if he wasn't a Rube,WHY wasn't he a leftist,right? By the time they realized he was playing them like a pimp plays a whore,it was too late to stop him.

The left and their towel boys in the alleged Republican Party have been very,very careful since then to not let a outsider gain any traction. As a result,all we have gotten for Republican candidates since Reagan were shape-shifting treasonous scum like the Bush Crime Family.

The along comes Trump. A sometimes Republican,and a sometimes Dim,all depending on who held the top offices he would need favors from or access to so he could pay the bribes. Trump won it because the mainstream didn't take him seriously,and they and the media actually HELPED him win the nomination by continually reporting that he's "not really a politician". There was also the "NYC resident and friend to the leftist scum that run that city" thing. They figured because of that nobody that voted Republican that wasn't from the northeast would vote for him. It went right over their heads that THESE WERE THE REASONS PEOPLE DID VOTE FOR HIM.

Those reasons,plus the FACT that the next president was going to be either him or Bubbette! Clinton,one of the most evil creatures in the known universe,and there was no way he was going to lose. He didn't win despite the media and the self-described "cultural elites" dismissing him,he won BECAUSE they dismissed him.

As a result,he owes nobody anything,and he has enough money and ego to resist any "kiss,kiss,and make up" attempt they try now. He has been demeaned and insulted,and so has his wife and children,so IMNSHO,he is determined now to prove they were wrong by being the best president he can be so he can rub their noses in it. It's alll about ego now,and nobody has a bigger ego than Trump.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #292 on: August 23, 2017, 01:34:43 pm »
The problem with that is there are more of the "republicans of convenience" than conservatives in the party. If the party does nothing to discipline them or bring them in line, then the party owns them.  Therefore they ARE republicans. Period.

Yep, to quote Lee Michaels: "You are what you do".

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #293 on: August 23, 2017, 01:37:10 pm »

Most Republicans are conservative.  Some, however, are not the peculiar variant known as social conservatives.   There is a tension between social conservatives and those with more libertarian views regarding religious values being promoted by government in the public sphere.   That doesn't mean the GOP coalition is illegitimate or not fundamentally "conservative" in nature.   It is just that - a coalition,  that from time to time needs to compromise and horse-trade to effect legislation.   
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:38:01 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #294 on: August 23, 2017, 01:38:06 pm »
Considering that many of the conservative things he has done were just rescinding or reversing Obama policies, I really don't think any of the other Republican Presidents could have done that (without being prescient).

@Smokin Joe  @txradioguy

You almost never hear the press or even the Dims giving him credit for reversing Bathhouse Barry policies because they don't think that is a good thing because it costs them money and power,and because they don't want to publicize that anything "America's First AA President" ever did was anything short of perfection.

As for the alleged Republican candidates that were running,I seriously doubt any of them would have even wanted to eliminate any Obomber policies. They are too busy trying to get their cuts,and trying to lure blacks into voting for them so they don't have to get real jobs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #295 on: August 23, 2017, 01:48:36 pm »

And you're so busy running around ranting for no reason at all you've either run right over or purposely ignored...as have others...the times I've supported Trump on things he's done right.

And noting in passing that he doesn't sweat much for a fat girl while praising him. I have seen you stating you agreed with things he has done or tried to do,but there was ALWAYS a "but......." attached.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #296 on: August 23, 2017, 01:56:06 pm »

@Mom MD

They are not going to discipline anybody BUT conservatives because it is the "Republicans of convenience"  that control the alleged Republican Party.

I used to warn people back when I was still on FR to not be so damn happy about all the Dims switching over to the Republican Party after Newt and the actual conservatives took over control and started making it hard for leftists to get elected even in places like Maryland. I  kept telling them over and over that just because someone changed their party brand label in order to get elected or remain in office didn't mean they suddenly woke up one morning and decided they were conservatives. Did no good at all. Hell,everybody but me and a few more "traitors that hate God and 'murika!",were still ranting and raving about what FINE,OUTSTANDING " conservatives that Poppy and Boy Jorge are. I haven't been there for more than a glance in years,but I strongly suspect that The Biddy Brigade there is STILL praising Boy Jorge while talking about how good he/she/multiple choice looked in his tight jeans at Camp Photo Op,and how "lovely his wife and mother are".   WTH can you do with people THAT freaking blind to reality?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #297 on: August 23, 2017, 02:07:45 pm »
Most Republicans are conservative.

@Jazzhead

Maybe by Berkley or NYC standards,but not by American standards.

There was recently an article published that noted that out of all the Republicans in Congress,only ONE Republican congressman had never cast an anti-conservative vote,and no more than 3 others that voted conservative more than half the time.

That Congressman is Walter Jones,R-NC. Better known as "Walter WHO?" because he can't even buy an appearance on any of the talking head media political shows.

Remember when Boy Jorge was running for re-election while amping up the upcoming invasion of Iraq? Someone sent me a news report of Jones giving a speech to the Marines at Camp Lejune,which is in his district,telling them we had no reason or right to invade Iraq. The Marines gave him a standing ovation. You might still be able to find that clip on youtube,but I doubt it. Can't have "Walter Who?" get any teebee camera time or it might make the natives restless.

The situation was even worse in the US Senate. NOT A SINGLE ONE of the alleged Republican US Senators cast more conservative votes than non-conservative votes. It was strictly "go along to get along".

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:09:16 pm by sneakypete »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2017, 02:15:51 pm »

@Jazzhead

Maybe by Berkley or NYC standards,but not by American standards.

There was recently an article published that noted that out of all the Republicans in Congress,only ONE Republican congressman had never cast an anti-conservative vote,and no more than 3 others that voted conservative more than half the time.

That Congressman is Walter Jones,R-NC. Better known as "Walter WHO?" because he can't even buy an appearance on any of the talking head media political shows.

Remember when Boy Jorge was running for re-election while amping up the upcoming invasion of Iraq? Someone sent me a news report of Jones giving a speech to the Marines at Camp Lejune,which is in his district,telling them we had no reason or right to invade Iraq. The Marines gave him a standing ovation. You might still be able to find that clip on youtube,but I doubt it. Can't have "Walter Who?" get any teebee camera time or it might make the natives restless.

The situation was even worse in the US Senate. NOT A SINGLE ONE of the alleged Republican US Senators cast more conservative votes than non-conservative votes. It was strictly "go along to get along".

Thanks to the radical Democrat Party today, the chasm is as deep.

Therefore. anyone with a GOP affiliation may claim some level of Conservatism.  And they wouldn't be lying when held up against the opposition.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #299 on: August 23, 2017, 02:19:59 pm »
Thanks to the radical Democrat Party today, the chasm is as deep.

Therefore. anyone with a GOP affiliation may claim some level of Conservatism.  And they wouldn't be lying when held up against the opposition.

Like Susan Collins?  She exhibits not one iota of conservatism, yet the Republican party claims her and she claims to be a Republican.