Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 35286 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #250 on: August 22, 2017, 09:00:42 pm »
Mystery just posted a link to the golden opportunity we have to select more Republicans to the Senate in 2018.  Some of the Dem senators are from states that Trump won by a large margin.

Waiting for you to discount electing more Republicans because they may not be conservative enough.  3 2 1

Thanks, again, for being a voice of sanity.  Rome wasn't built in a day - and Rome didn't have the unprecedented Democratic resistance machine determined to deny the citizenry the leadership they duly elected. 

The GOP is at a high water mark in terms of offices held, and has a golden opportunity to increase its majority in the Senate in 2018.  Yet the usual suspects are preaching nihilism.  It is the siren song of the drama queen, the petulant child, the sore loser - best thing to do is ignore it.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #251 on: August 22, 2017, 09:03:26 pm »
Exactly. Acquiring the power first puts us in a position to effect–and here's the hard part– incremental changes. Incremental, because that's how a representative republic works. The left has stayed focused on this strategy since before FDR, and history shows us how wildly successful they have been.

We as you and others have pointed out the majority of Governorships...state houses and we control the Senate...the House and the Presidency.

How much more "power" does the GOP need to accrue to enact GOP policies?

And I notice how the goal posts have moved from broad sweeping changes and draining the swamp and doing this on day one and doing that in six months etc etc to talking more like McConnell and the GOPe and making references to small incremental changes.

**nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #252 on: August 22, 2017, 09:04:26 pm »
A great strategy is for "conservatives," to portray themselves a always victims. /s

Seems to be a strategy some here have embraced to justify why "more power" is needed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2017, 09:05:19 pm »
Mystery just posted a link to the golden opportunity we have to select more Republicans to the Senate in 2018.  Some of the Dem senators are from states that Trump won by a large margin.

Waiting for you to discount electing more Republicans because they may not be conservative enough.  3 2 1

Waiting for you to stop with the excuses when we already control Congress the White House and a majority of state houses.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2017, 09:08:34 pm »
And I notice how the goal posts have moved from broad sweeping changes and draining the swamp and doing this on day one and doing that in six months etc etc to talking more like McConnell and the GOPe and making references to small incremental changes.

**nononono*

Incrementalism which never comes. And it's wrong to say that's how the liberals did it. They have effected big, swinging changes, by hook or by crook, largely through judicial fiat, but however done, it remains that huge swings have been effected.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2017, 09:11:14 pm »

No, really, this time they mean it.

Yeah... this time for SURE... /sarc

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2017, 09:17:46 pm »

I wouldn't say foolish at all.

Both approaches involve an amount of short term pain, and have almost no chance of long term success.

Except in that the Neocons have rules in place to keep Conservatives down. And they use the RNC to bolster the ranks wit more liberals, and deny Conservatives the resources necessary to win.

At least in the Constitution party, they mean it, and stand upon their platform. Or maybe they don't - Having never had power, it's hard to know what they would do once it is obtained.

But even at that, we already know what Republicans do to Conservatives...

It's a no-brainer to me regardless. I will vote for Conservatives, from dog catcher on up. and if I don't have a conservative, I will consider a Libertarian (which is still closer kin than Republican Neocons). But I will never help to elect another stinking moderate or liberal, of any stripe.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2017, 09:28:24 pm »
We told you.  You're not listening or you have decided to ignore it altogether.  I'm going with the latter.  So stop asking.

@INVAR

You've said what your not gonna do.  You haven't said what you are going to do that will make a difference.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2017, 09:34:45 pm »
Exactly. Acquiring the power first puts us in a position to effect–and here's the hard part– incremental changes. Incremental, because that's how a representative republic works. The left has stayed focused on this strategy since before FDR, and history shows us how wildly successful they have been.

I'm laughing my ass off at the deliberate attempts to try and sell bullshit as the only viable thing there is to eat.

The GOP asked for the House.

We gave them the House.

They said they couldn't do anything until they had the Senate.

We gave them that.

They spent like drunken sailors on leave right along with the Democrats, so many Conservatives stayed home in 2006 and said there was no point to voting for Republicans who act like Democrats.

Pelosi became Speaker. 

Then the same song and dance you just spewed was begged from your party.  We gave them the House back.. Then they said they couldn't stop Obama without the Senate.  Then after 7 years of saying they needed the Presidency and will will repeal Obamacare 'root and branch' - they reneged as soon as we handed them all 3 branches of the government.

By all means, continue to practice insanity and lie to yourselves that voting for the lesser liberal in a totally corrupt party is the answer.

Just know the rest of us are going to wake up as many from your stupor as we possibly can and do what Codevilla is saying is the necessity.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2017, 09:47:54 pm »
We as you and others have pointed out the majority of Governorships...state houses and we control the Senate...the House and the Presidency.

How much more "power" does the GOP need to accrue to enact GOP policies?

**nononono*

You make a great point. The states in general are doing well, the GOP majorities are delivering on their promises.

The real GOP problem is in DC. What needs to happen is primaries for one, with these conservative Senate and House groups raising significant money to challenge these seats. Will it happen though?
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2017, 09:48:21 pm »

Because it is ALL BULLSHIT and they know it.

They don't care.... as long as their "team" is on the field, even if they are 90 points down and refuse to pass or run the ball - but instead keep punting back to the Democrats and fumbling the ball on their own 3 yard line.

The bookies have a fortune to make, just like the lobbyists - so the team does what it does for money.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:46 pm »
But, @Emjay, if they're not pretty conservative and willing to go against the flow, what good are they doing us?

Well, pretty sure they will be better than the dems and I'm hoping they're conservative.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2017, 10:16:13 pm »
Waiting for you to stop with the excuses when we already control Congress the White House and a majority of state houses.

We need a few more young conservative people in Congress.

I'm hoping the people who win will be among them.

The state houses controlled by Republicans are doing much better than those controlled by Dems.  See New York and California.

I'm not making excuses ... why would you say that?  I'm indulging in hope.

You might try it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2017, 10:17:33 pm »
Thanks, again, for being a voice of sanity.  Rome wasn't built in a day - and Rome didn't have the unprecedented Democratic resistance machine determined to deny the citizenry the leadership they duly elected. 

The GOP is at a high water mark in terms of offices held, and has a golden opportunity to increase its majority in the Senate in 2018.  Yet the usual suspects are preaching nihilism.  It is the siren song of the drama queen, the petulant child, the sore loser - best thing to do is ignore it.   

Yep.  I'm tired of arguing with them.  I'm outta here ... for now.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2017, 10:28:11 pm »
You've said what your not gonna do.  You haven't said what you are going to do that will make a difference.

I've already made a difference in the meat world.  I have stoked a lot of the displeasure of local Republicans into action and directed them towards looking at the Constitution Party.  Some of them have actually dumped their GOP party registration, which I was happy to encourage.   Most agree with me, that they are no longer beholden to the party except to support a bona-fide Conservative with a long track record of fruits to match the rhetoric no matter what party they run in.  The local district captains who are actually part of Team Mitch like to make trouble - but the bulk of the locals who were there to get Rand elected have told the party hacks to pound sand.   We agree towards working to get an actual Conservative party that is not anchored in DC as the long term goal, provided we even survive that long.  The economic laws we have broken are going to crush just about everything regardless of the current conflagration of politics - and we have yet to discover what survives intact.  I haven't even mentioned the spiritual laws that we will be held to accountable for transgressing.

As far as making an actual difference any of you Trump/GOP Party pushers would notice, or acknowledge... none.    An ignorant and willfully stupid people who think voting for lesser Liberals and more polished politicians making empty promises in a corrupt oligarchy is how we make a difference, will ensure nothing anyone attempts to do to advance Conservatism will ever make a difference.

You are on a fast track to limiting yourselves to a vote between a Mussolini and a Stalin and you are simply polishing your skills and rhetoric to justify pushing the lesser evil of the two.

"My people are destroyed for lack of wisdom". - Hosea 4:6

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2017, 10:38:41 pm »
Except in that the Neocons have rules in place to keep Conservatives down. And they use the RNC to bolster the ranks wit more liberals, and deny Conservatives the resources necessary to win.

At least in the Constitution party, they mean it, and stand upon their platform. Or maybe they don't - Having never had power, it's hard to know what they would do once it is obtained.

But even at that, we already know what Republicans do to Conservatives...

It's a no-brainer to me regardless. I will vote for Conservatives, from dog catcher on up. and if I don't have a conservative, I will consider a Libertarian (which is still closer kin than Republican Neocons). But I will never help to elect another stinking moderate or liberal, of any stripe.

All very true.

I just won't call the people who have decided the "hold your nose this one more time and hope it gets better next time" (every time) as "foolish".  I think they're wrong (in regards to outcome), but we're probably wrong, too.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2017, 10:44:51 pm »
I've already made a difference in the meat world.  I have stoked a lot of the displeasure of local Republicans into action and directed them towards looking at the Constitution Party.  Some of them have actually dumped their GOP party registration, which I was happy to encourage.   Most agree with me, that they are no longer beholden to the party except to support a bona-fide Conservative with a long track record of fruits to match the rhetoric no matter what party they run in.  The local district captains who are actually part of Team Mitch like to make trouble - but the bulk of the locals who were there to get Rand elected have told the party hacks to pound sand.   We agree towards working to get an actual Conservative party that is not anchored in DC as the long term goal, provided we even survive that long.  The economic laws we have broken are going to crush just about everything regardless of the current conflagration of politics - and we have yet to discover what survives intact.  I haven't even mentioned the spiritual laws that we will be held to accountable for transgressing.

As far as making an actual difference any of you Trump/GOP Party pushers would notice, or acknowledge... none.    An ignorant and willfully stupid people who think voting for lesser Liberals and more polished politicians making empty promises in a corrupt oligarchy is how we make a difference, will ensure nothing anyone attempts to do to advance Conservatism will ever make a difference.

You are on a fast track to limiting yourselves to a vote between a Mussolini and a Stalin and you are simply polishing your skills and rhetoric to justify pushing the lesser evil of the two.

"My people are destroyed for lack of wisdom". - Hosea 4:6

@INVAR

You seem to know a lot about other people's motivations.  Yet you only attack people who vote Republican.  Not democrats.

Oh and you can quote the bible.  So can Satan.  Doesn't mean he's right either.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2017, 10:46:06 pm »
@sneakypete
Nope. Not even a little bit. Dubya's second was the last time I voted for a Republican for president, and the only reason I did was for the war. Big mistake. That's what woke me up.

@roamer_1

I stopped at the same time. Boy Jorge and his insane invasion of Iraq to protect his Saud masters was the trip wire for me.

I am NOT saying I won't vote for a Republican for any office anymore,but I AM saying I won't vote for any of the purely because they have a Big Red R tattooed on their chest. That's more of a reason to NOT vote for them than it is TO vote for them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2017, 10:47:31 pm »
@sneakypete
I didn't keep my ballot but I don't recall a "anybody from the phonebook" on the ballot.    Call me crazy but I chose to pick from the available options.

Nobody but nobody gets to the Presidential election without doing a lot of favors.  Even Reagan had favors he owed.

@driftdiver

Yeah,why bother to fight the Borg when resistance is futile?

We should all just lay back and enjoy it,huh?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2017, 10:48:28 pm »

Between 1855 - 2017 (162 years) the Senate was controlled by Democrats for 78 years and the Republicans for 82 years.  During the same 162 years the House was controlled by Democrats for 86 years and Republicans for 74 years.  Over that 162 years when the Republicans had a majority in the House they also had a majority in the Senate and also had a Republican president most, but not all of the time.  The same is about equally true for when Democrats were in control (Dem Senate, House, Pres).

Roughly equal times in "control" should mean that, as far as Constitutional laws and policies go, things would have stayed roughly the same as they were in 1855.  But that is not nearly the case, I think we all agree that laws, policies, programs, etc have slid substantially to the left.  Even though Republicans have been in majority control for roughly half of the last 162 years. 

I think I'm done believing that we just need a few more Republicans in office to start shifting things back to a more Constitutional basis.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2017, 10:51:44 pm »
What planks has he filled?  And since he's the President...elected on the Republican ticket...wouldn't that make him the head of the GOP?

@txradioguy

Given that he has done some of the CONSERVATIVE things that previous alleged Republican presidents didn't even attempt to do,WTF do you care WHAT he calls himself?

He can call himself a Buick if he wants to,but so far he is still the most conservative president we have had since Reagan left office,yet you are bitching about him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #271 on: August 22, 2017, 11:01:41 pm »
@txradioguy

Given that he has done some of the CONSERVATIVE things that previous alleged Republican presidents didn't even attempt to do,WTF do you care WHAT he calls himself?

He can call himself a Buick if he wants to,but so far he is still the most conservative president we have had since Reagan left office,yet you are bitching about him.

What Conservative things might those be?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #272 on: August 22, 2017, 11:04:47 pm »

I stopped at the same time. Boy Jorge and his insane invasion of Iraq to protect his Saud masters was the trip wire for me.

@sneakypete

I didn't like him much from the start. Figured that apple didn't fall too far from the horse. I hoped a little Texas had rubbed off on him... but his second term showed him to still be from HighAnusPort. I deeply regret voting for him that second term. And I knew better.

I am NOT saying I won't vote for a Republican for any office anymore,but I AM saying I won't vote for any of the purely because they have a Big Red R tattooed on their chest. That's more of a reason to NOT vote for them than it is TO vote for them.

YEP. Me too. I'll do the Conservative thing and judge them on their record. They can have all the promises and the brass band out on the campaign trail... Shoot, they could have topless dancers and send me season nascar tickets.... Nope. If it ain't a Conservative record ... ACU 90%+, I will not vote for em. Period.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:05:19 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #273 on: August 22, 2017, 11:10:24 pm »

You seem to know a lot about other people's motivations.

Here or in the meat world? 

Here, out of the abundance of the heart the fingers type.  In the meat world relationships actually trump digital text, so knowing motivations is easily discernible in conversations.

Yet you only attack people who vote Republican.  Not democrats.

So does Trump.  What's your point?

How many people on this board besides Jazzhead and possibly one other who admitted they were a liberal vote Democrat?

Yet how many of you attacked us simply because we refused to vote for your party's nominee?  Or even before that when attacking anyone supporting Paul, Cruz or Rubio to push Trump was 'good politics'?

Oh and you can quote the bible.  So can Satan.  Doesn't mean he's right either.

The Pharisees accused Jesus of having a demon for quoting scripture too. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #274 on: August 22, 2017, 11:14:16 pm »
If it ain't a Conservative record ... ACU 90%+, I will not vote for em. Period.

You know you will be accused of being an enemy of the good because you expect and want perfection, which they say is impossible to strive for, while choosing the lesser Liberal Leftist is noble, good and right.