Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 35256 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2017, 07:11:21 pm »
I thought we already had mods ...

We do.  But some people seems to think it's cool to purposely subvert them every chance they get.

I'm a firm believer in taking care of things at the lowest level because once Mods get involved...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2017, 07:13:08 pm »
We do.  But some people seems to think it's cool to purposely subvert them every chance they get.

I'm a firm believer in taking care of things at the lowest level because once Mods get involved...

Well, thanks for doing the jobs that others won't do.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2017, 07:13:12 pm »
This is the one post I will make on it because it seems off-topic.

What else would you have them say in public in a time when saying you didn't believe in God could mean being locked up in jail,and then shunned by everyone in business so you couldn't make a living.

That's merely cynicism, we don't know that for a fact and the Unitarians which some were seems to be fairly far from conventional Christianity.
The one thing Karl Marx was right about is religion being the opiate of the masses. Jefferson and the others may have been educated men with a broad viewpoint on life,but they still had to "sell" the idea of independence and revolution to a mostly illiterate and superstitious crowd that would be the ones doing most of the fighting and dying. Good luck winning a war by yourself.

This is off-topic but even at best, Thomas Jefferson was one founder out of what? 50 of them. It's been shown, the majority were of some facet of Christianity.  Maybe Jefferson wasn't right.

Saying such things was the custom,and everyone did it. The term "god bless!" is still used today. This stuff is ingrained in the culture and there is nothing that can be done about it.

On the other hand,in their writings to each other they were more open with their actual viewpoints,but even then they followed the custom of writing such drivel as "On the 12th of May in Our Lords year of 17XX" on the letter headings. It was what was taught to the children that were lucky enough to receive a formal education back then,so it was what they used.[/size]

https://www.thoughtco.com/christian-quotes-of-the-founding-fathers-700789

To be fair,I don't think they spoke against the idea of Christianity (or any other religion,AFATG),as much as they were speaking out on the historically proven FACT that allowing organized religion too much power over a nation corrupted the nation and made slaves of the people. This issue was really current with them as The Reformation and the troubles in England and the Catholic Church were more current history than ancient history .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_English_Reformation

We'd all be bowing to Mecca if it were not for European Christianty.

It can be truthfully said the War of the Catholics against the Protestants was still going on in Northern Ireland right up to recent years. Old Man Joe Kennedy lost his job as Ambassador to the Court of St.James during WW-2 after being caught giving war plans to the IRA to give to the Nazi's.[/size]
True. There is nothing wrong with establishing there is good and evil,and that good should be supported and evil fought against. The problem only starts when you choose a religious organization to determine what is good and what is evil. Suddenly you have innocent people being put to death in pots of boiling oil because they dared to question a church official,or even the existence of Gawd Himself.

One truism is that absolute power corrupts absolutely,and few other than the fat boy that owns North Korea have such absolute power today. Every village priest had that power back in the Middle Ages,though.

It also needs to be said that corrupt stranglehold over people was broken because of one of the bravest men in history standing up and questioning authority,Martin Luther. What is truly amazing is the he was a Catholic Priest himself,and thought the Church had too much power over the people and the governments.

This thread is not about religion which we are suppose to stay away from. However, the UK/Ireland conflict is not a religious war by any means, it has elements of a religious war but UK did not conquer Ireland to spread their Anglican faith.

The experts say so. I will go with them.

The Troubles in Northern Ireland, often portrayed as a religious conflict of a Catholic vs. a Protestant faction, while the more fundamental cause of the conflict was in fact ethnic or nationalistic rather than religious in nature.[23] Since the native Irish were mostly Catholic and the later British-sponsored immigrants were mainly Protestant, the terms become shorthand for the two cultures, but it is inaccurate to describe the conflict as a religious one.[23]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

Again, this is way off topic and all I will say on this.

Again, now speaking ill of religion makes this very off-topic.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:14:46 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2017, 07:13:57 pm »
@sneakypete
Whereas voting for a candidate that has zero chance of winning is a smart move?   yeah thats gonna change things for the better.   /s

@driftdiver

You mean like Trump?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2017, 07:15:18 pm »
Again, that depends upon what you want to call 'winning'.

@roamer_1

Some people consider it to be winning a fist fight if they made the knuckles on their opponents fists bleed.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2017, 07:18:45 pm »

I am betting that if Kim Jong-un were able to run for President of the US,and ran on a platform of "FREE HBO FOR EVERYBODY!" as the sole item of his platform,that he would get more votes than either the alleged Republican or the Dim candidate.

Yeah,WE are political junkies that are interested in details,but we are a tiny minority of the voters in this country. From what I see in real life,a majority of the people here only start to pay attention to politics the last 2 or 3 months of a presidential election cycle,and literally don't have the first clue about what the actual issues or or the understanding of them. What they want and look for is someone who "looks and sounds presidential",and gives them the "warm and fuzzy feeling" when he or she speaks.  You just can't go wrong from promising those people free HBO.

^^^^^TRUTH.

And yet most refuse to see it, even though it is the basest of human natures that the Founders warned would ruin a republic and return a people to tyranny.

But, no one wants to think about the truth.  It's too painful to contemplate, and everyone has a right to free HBO, because those who not think so, are racist.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2017, 07:19:54 pm »
@roamer_1

Some people consider it to be winning a fist fight if they made the knuckles on their opponents fists bleed.

:silly:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2017, 07:21:01 pm »

@TomSea

We'd all be bowing to Mecca if it were not for European Christianty.

What's this "we stuff",Batman? YOU would be bowing to Mecca if Christianity didn't exist because you NEED a God to worship.

I don't.

BTW,speaking or writing about religion isn't off-topic on a political board because there are no organizations anywhere in the world that lust after political power more than any religion you can name.

Or as a wise man once said,"If God didn't exist,people would have to invent him. OOPS!"

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:22:46 pm by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2017, 07:21:13 pm »

@sneakypete
Yep, that's how the sign reads to me.
Electing a nYc liberal as a Republican president is the exact opposite of winning.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2017, 07:22:21 pm »
If we are cracking down on off-topic subjects, then, "imperial presidency", "messiah", "corruption", "not conservatives" etc. should be seen as way off topic by the original article by Codevilla.  It looks like the main thing he was discussing was the health care bill to begin with. Maybe that should be the limit of discussion and talking about the Whig party.

@TomSea here we go again.  This is a discussion about whether there is a need for a replacement for the Republican Party. 

...It's clear to everyone that you do this on purpose.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2017, 07:23:33 pm »
@driftdiver

You mean like Trump?

@sneakypete
During the primaries Trump wasn't my first choice, wasn't even my 5th choice but once the general election he became the only choice.  Using your logic Rubio was the only candidate that we should vote for.

And yea, its been rocky but Trump is better then Hillary.  So it looks like I chose wisely.

If the perfect candidate never gets elected they cannot do anything to bring utopia to our planet.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2017, 07:24:39 pm »
@sneakypete
Electing a nYc liberal as a Republican president is the exact opposite of winning.

@roamer_1
Sure, what was the other reasonable choice?  cmon which candidate on the ballot could have won the general election?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2017, 07:24:45 pm »
@sneakypete

@roamer_1

Obviously you have made a lot of knuckles bleed by beating on them with your head.

Miss the Bush Crime Family,don'tcha?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2017, 07:27:22 pm »
Every post of mine has been strictly on the subject. No personal attacks, no name calling.

Sorry, but the truth here is not a good defense. I suggest speaking only when spoken to.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2017, 07:28:11 pm »
@roamer_1
Sure, what was the other reasonable choice?  cmon which candidate on the ballot could have won the general election?

@driftdiver
Doesn't matter. Because electing Trump isn't winning.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2017, 07:31:12 pm »
@sneakypete
During the primaries Trump wasn't my first choice, wasn't even my 5th choice but once the general election he became the only choice.  Using your logic Rubio was the only candidate that we should vote for.

MY logic is never allowed within a mile of Rubio. He strikes me as just another power-mad weasel.

MY first choice during the last presidential election was "Anybody BUT the people who are running. Pick a freaking name at random out of a phone book!"

Then the night before the election I came to realize that electing a bomb thrower who would shake things up that wasn't owned by either branch of the ruling party was the clear choice over Mrs Marxist.  Trump was clearly better than anyone running BECAUSE he wasn't a politician,but a life-long victim of politicians. You can bet your bippy that his grandfather,his father,and he  have all been forced to make cash "gifts" to various politicians to put together the real estate deals they have made,and 90 percent of those politicians were career Dims.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2017, 07:32:06 pm »

Obviously you have made a lot of knuckles bleed by beating on them with your head.

Miss the Bush Crime Family,don'tcha?

@sneakypete
Nope. Not even a little bit. Dubya's second was the last time I voted for a Republican for president, and the only reason I did was for the war. Big mistake. That's what woke me up.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2017, 07:32:57 pm »
@driftdiver
Doesn't matter. Because electing Trump isn't winning.

@roamer_1
Ok you sit in your perfect world and give up.

I choose not too.  So far he's done far more good then I expected.  On top of that he's not Hillary.   

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2017, 07:35:10 pm »
MY logic is never allowed within a mile of Rubio. He strikes me as just another power-mad weasel.

MY first choice during the last presidential election was "Anybody BUT the people who are running. Pick a freaking name at random out of a phone book!"

Then the night before the election I came to realize that electing a bomb thrower who would shake things up that wasn't owned by either branch of the ruling party was the clear choice over Mrs Marxist.  Trump was clearly better than anyone running BECAUSE he wasn't a politician,but a life-long victim of politicians. You can bet your bippy that his grandfather,his father,and he  have all been forced to make cash "gifts" to various politicians to put together the real estate deals they have made,and 90 percent of those politicians were career Dims.

@sneakypete
I didn't keep my ballot but I don't recall a "anybody from the phonebook" on the ballot.    Call me crazy but I chose to pick from the available options.

Nobody but nobody gets to the Presidential election without doing a lot of favors.  Even Reagan had favors he owed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2017, 07:35:25 pm »
Ok you sit in your perfect world and give up.

I have not given up. I just refuse to lend my endorsement to that which I abhor.

I choose not too.  So far he's done far more good then I expected. 

Then you have a very low bar.

On top of that he's not Hillary.

I don't see much difference.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2017, 07:36:20 pm »
And 'He's not Hillary' is the best example of why the Republican Party needs to go.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2017, 07:37:01 pm »
Sorry, but the truth here is not a good defense. I suggest speaking only when spoken to.

Why am I feeling that I am in the "common sense no longer common" zone.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2017, 07:38:20 pm »
And 'He's not Hillary' is the best example of why the Republican Party needs to go.

Yup.  If that's the only message the RNC can come up to convince people to vote for the GOP candidate...then the problems are terminal and it's time to turn the life support off on the patient.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2017, 07:42:36 pm »
I have not given up. I just refuse to lend my endorsement to that which I abhor.

Then you have a very low bar.

I don't see much difference.

@roamer_1
Would Hillary have nominated a conservative SC Judge?
Would Hillary have reduced govt regulations?

There are quite of few things he's done that Hillary would not have.  Theres a lot of really bad things she would have done, that he has not.

If you don't think there's a difference then I don't think you're being honest.  She takes corruption to an entirely new level.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2017, 07:48:09 pm »
@roamer_1
Would Hillary have nominated a conservative SC Judge?
Would Hillary have reduced govt regulations?

There are quite of few things he's done that Hillary would not have.  Theres a lot of really bad things she would have done, that he has not.

If you don't think there's a difference then I don't think you're being honest.  She takes corruption to an entirely new level.

And Mussolini made the trains run on time.

I am being entirely honest. He's a liberal. All it takes is single-payer healthcare or gang-of-eight amnesty, or any other progressive thing like-in-kind, and anything else he might do is rendered moot.

And the Republican party is no better.