Author Topic: Are There Any Adults In The Room?  (Read 707 times)

Offline corbe

Are There Any Adults In The Room?
« on: August 20, 2017, 05:22:14 pm »

Are There Any Adults In The Room?
Derek Hunter

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 12:01 AM

 Unless you work in it, it is impossible to know exactly what goes on inside any administration.

The thought processes behind actions and statements are calculated and self-serving, no doubt. It’s usually not that difficult to rationalize why people acted as they did – or it was before the Trump White House. But now, more often than not, from minor to major actions, it’s often impossible to see any rationale for what is going on.

I know I’m going to catch hell from some people for this, but I have to ask some questions. Most pressing is this: Is there anyone involved in this administration who actually wants to accomplish anything?

Being elected president is an accomplishment, but it’s more of a means than an end. The end should be goals for policy changes, and there haven’t been any of those. None on any of the major issues on which Donald Trump campaigned, anyway.

<..snip..>

https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2017/08/20/are-there-any-adults-in-the-room-n2370849
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Are There Any Adults In The Room?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:36:58 pm »
After eight years of a guy who always swore he was always the smartest one in the room, I think the concept you described of "a room" has been somewhat trivialized.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 07:46:29 pm »
After eight years of a guy who always swore he was always the smartest one in the room, I think the concept you described of "a room" has been somewhat trivialized.
We may have changed the resident occupying the room but the belief of the current occupant is the same as the previous, as far as being the smartest one in the room.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 07:53:20 pm »
We may have changed the resident occupying the room but the belief of the current occupant is the same as the previous, as far as being the smartest one in the room.

True, but I don't think even Trump claims to be the "smartest guy in the room."  Maybe he has and I missed it, I don't pay a lot of attention to what he says. :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:53:44 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 12:09:48 am »
I want my sucking thing.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 12:11:30 am »
True, but I don't think even Trump claims to be the "smartest guy in the room."  Maybe he has and I missed it, I don't pay a lot of attention to what he says. :shrug:

There was something a while back. PrePOTUS. No. That isn't right. I meant before he got elected.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 12:40:50 am »
I want my sucking thing.

Ypu'll have to be more specific.