Author Topic: Conservatives react with fury to Bannon's departure  (Read 1927 times)

Offline DB

Re: Conservatives react with fury to Bannon's departure
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 03:28:16 am »
Well this conservative heaps a lot of blame on Bannon for imposing this predictable train wreck on us; otherwise known as the Trump administration. It didn't have to be this way. Trump's legacy is going to be wide scale wreckage and chaos because he has no guiding principles and therefore shifts randomly with the prevailing storm.

Offline corbe

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2017, 03:28:35 am »
In essence, Bannon pretty much stated he's going to be fighting Trump's war from the outside.

He really didn't do much good from the Inside, so more power to him, this President needs all the help he can get.
   I've read rumours tonight that Bannon has a bug up his butt about Drudge, so a Trumpbart/Drudge fight sounds really good to me, we need more Bread and Circuses.
   I'm ordering more popcorn.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 03:32:26 am »
Steve’s allies in the populist nationalist movement are ready to ride to the gates of hell with him against the West Wing Democrats and globalists like [national security aide] Dina Powell, Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Gary Cohn and H.R. McMaster,” said one Bannon ally.

So, basically Trump is free to be the New York liberal he's always been.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 04:58:03 am »
So, basically Trump is free to be the New York liberal he's always been.

I never had any doubt.

Everything done was for show and to con what Trump needed to keep the majority of the GOP voting public on his side until such time that Trump could really and truly just be himself.

Which is exactly what you noted, which is something that the Trump Militant insisted to us that he was not.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 10:39:15 am »
I know a lot of people at TOS that are upset.   .../

Why do you care?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2017, 11:30:58 am »
I never had any doubt.

Everything done was for show and to con what Trump needed to keep the majority of the GOP voting public on his side until such time that Trump could really and truly just be himself.

Which is exactly what you noted, which is something that the Trump Militant insisted to us that he was not.

It appears his liberal kids and SIL have a lot to do with Bannon's departure and maybe some other staff upheavals as well. In fact, they seem to have an unusual and unhealthy influence in all other matters too. With the family being liberal and Trump's liberal history, why would anyone have expected Trump to be conservative?   Indeed, why would anyone expect he would keep his promises in the long run?  The guy was allegedly very wealthy, but most people were perhaps only vaguely aware of him until he made it big on reality TV.  Unless a person is a total moron, he or she has to know that reality TV is made up.  With his experience in reality TV, voters should have been suspicious of him and the promises he made.  That they didn't pick up on these things and that many of them still believe in him boggles the mind. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2017, 11:34:02 am »
It appears his liberal kids and SIL have a lot to do with Bannon's departure and maybe some other staff upheavals as well. In fact, they seem to have an unusual and unhealthy influence in all other matters too. With the family being liberal and Trump's liberal history, why would anyone have expected Trump to be conservative?   Indeed, why would anyone expect he would keep his promises in the long run?  The guy was allegedly very wealthy, but most people were perhaps only vaguely aware of him until he made it big on reality TV.  Unless a person is a total moron, he or she has to know that reality TV is made up.  With his experience in reality TV, voters should have been suspicious of him and the promises he made.  That they didn't pick up on these things and that many of them still believe in him boggles the mind.

Trump has been a celebrity lowlife since he first appeared with the arrival of trashy tabloid TV like Current Affairs back in the 80s.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2017, 11:35:52 am »
Why do you care?

Can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's entertainment.  After being told I was no longer welcome there because I wouldn't fall on my knees before Trump., I am taking some small measure of satisfaction watching TOS melt down.  Not very Christian of me, I admit, but it is a lot of fun.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 11:38:13 am »
Trump has been a celebrity lowlife since he first appeared with the arrival of trashy tabloid TV like Current Affairs back in the 80s.

Thank you.  I admit I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to him before the Apprentice.  Celebrity news and gossip just aren't that interesting, IMHO.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2017, 03:42:47 pm »
Why do you care?

Stating that a lot of people in New Zealand are fat does not equate with me caring that they are fat.  Likewise, saying that people on TOS are upset that Bannon is leaving should not in any way be construed as me caring what people on TOS think.

It is crystal clear that my accurate and truthful statements about Donald Trump, Noot Gingrich, et al. are not welcomed on that site.  So I post here instead.

That leaves the question of why you post on both sites.  Do you come here as a refreshing escape from groupthink?  Or are you baffled as to why we refuse to drink the kool-aid?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2017, 05:46:35 pm »
It appears his liberal kids and SIL have a lot to do with Bannon's departure and maybe some other staff upheavals as well. In fact, they seem to have an unusual and unhealthy influence in all other matters too. With the family being liberal and Trump's liberal history, why would anyone have expected Trump to be conservative?   

Yep. The apple doesn't fall far from the horse.