Author Topic: Federal judge rules Trump’s personal tax returns cannot be compelled through FOIA  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Federal judge rules Trump’s personal tax returns cannot be compelled through FOIA
Washington Times, Aug 18, 2017, Sally Persons

A federal judge ruled Friday that President Trump’s personal tax returns could not be released through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), reports The Hill.

The Electronic Privacy Information Center launched a lawsuit against the IRS earlier this year after the group requested the records, citing FOIA. The group sought Mr. Trump’s personal tax returns from 2010 to now, but the court said personal tax forms are confidential and can only be obtained if Mr. Trump gave his permission.

The matter of Mr. Trump’s tax returns has been an issue since the campaign last year. Most presidential candidates have released them as part of the campaign, but Mr. Trump said he was under audit and hence unable to release the forms publicly. The IRS said that an audit does not mean personal returns cannot be publicly released.

Mr. Trump ended the issue by saying he wouldn’t release them at all arguing nobody cared to see them except the media.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/18/federal-judge-rules-trumps-personal-tax-returns-ca/

Offline Suppressed

Good on the decision.

Bad that Trump is so dishonest.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Good on the decision.

Wow.  You really don't stop looking until you find a glass half-full --- everywhere.   :laugh:

God love ya.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Good on the decision.

I thought he should release them but how was he dishonest?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

Oceander

I thought he should release them but how was he dishonest?

Because he promised to release them at first, and then welched on that promise. 

Offline driftdiver

As I recall he set some co editions that were never met.

Oceander

As I recall he set some co editions that were never met.

Bottom line is, he lied.  Just like he's lied about so many other things.

It's fascinating that worshippers such as yourself simply cannot allow yourselves to see him for what he is. 

Wingnut

Be upfront.
When did you start believing what he ever said... was it during the campaign, was it after the election... was it maybe tomorrow....

:silly:

Oceander

Be upfront.
When did you start believing what he ever said... was it during the campaign, was it after the election... was it maybe tomorrow....

:silly:

That a trick question, or a rhetorical question?

Offline driftdiver

Bottom line is, he lied.  Just like he's lied about so many other things.

It's fascinating that worshippers such as yourself simply cannot allow yourselves to see him for what he is.

So in other words you don't care about the facts.   You're like CNN.

Wingnut

That a trick question, or a rhetorical question?

I'll answer you tomorrow

Oceander

So in other words you don't care about the facts.   You're like CNN.

The fact is he said he would release them, then he went back on his word.  It's about as basic and factual as one can get.  Stop worshipping Trump and come back to reality. 

Wingnut

The fact is he said he would release them, then he went back on his word.  It's about as basic and factual as one can get.  Stop worshipping Trump and come back to reality.

That wasn't a very nice thing to say.  True... but not nice!  :laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

Fixed it for you.

Soooo.....it's good that Trump is so dishonest? :)

Wingnut

Soooo.....it's good that Trump is so dishonest? :)

Baby Please.   Lets just cuddle and not go all Trump.

:nometalk:

Offline RoosGirl

Baby Please.   Lets just cuddle and not go all Trump.

:nometalk:

Bitch please  ;)

Wingnut

Bitch please  ;)

I no longer speak like that.  I be reformed. :nometalk:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:56:40 pm by Wingnut »

Offline RoosGirl

I no longer speak like that.  I be reformed. :nometalk:

I thought there was something different about you.  Square.

Wingnut

I thought there was something different about you.  Square.

I believe every voice should be heard. Unless it is from MOD1,3,5,and 8.

I hate 8.

Offline RoosGirl

I believe every voice should be heard. Unless it is from MOD1,3,5,and 8.

I hate 8.

You shouldn't hate yourself.  You're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it people like you.

Wingnut

You shouldn't hate yourself.  You're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it people like you.

I meant I hate what I ate.  Bad Burger.  Pepto.  8888crybaby

Offline RoosGirl

I meant I hate what I ate.  Bad Burger.  Pepto.  8888crybaby

Maybe the old lady isn't liking you so much right now.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Good grief.  Trump's tax returns?  I thought we were past this issue.  Meanwhile ... we have rioting and violence in Charlottesville, Wasserman-Schultz and her IT dude have some explaining to do, more of Hillary's e-mails have been uncovered, Russian collusion, Kim Jon Yung making threats , Bannon has left the White House, Congress still hasn't repealed Bammy care, we still don't have a wall, and people are still worried about tax returns?  Seriously people?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Good grief.  Trump's tax returns?  I thought we were past this issue.  Meanwhile ... we have rioting and violence in Charlottesville, Wasserman-Schultz and her IT dude have some explaining to do, more of Hillary's e-mails have been uncovered, Russian collusion, Kim Jon Yung making threats , Bannon has left the White House, Congress still hasn't repealed Bammy care, we still don't have a wall, and people are still worried about tax returns?  Seriously people?

Exactly. There way too many other things of more importance.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley