Author Topic: Snark  (Read 17609 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Snark
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2017, 12:28:43 pm »
Smokin' Joe has a good heart and often posts with excellence, but I have never derided anyone.

Likewise, I qualified the use of that term "forsaking the good in search of the perfect" to those who apply doctrinaire rigid standards to affairs of state and who declare that DJT is unfit for office because he is a "liberal". The last time I checked liberals do not appoint people like Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

Awaiting your substantive response and hitting my stop watch NOW...

uh huh

You just shot yourself in the foot and then stuck it in your mouth to stop the bleeding.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2017, 03:17:56 pm »

I thought this bus was headed for Realsville. Instead, it took a tortuous detour into the Twilight Zone.

Offline endicom

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2017, 03:30:08 pm »
I thought this bus was headed for Realsville. Instead, it took a tortuous detour into the Twilight Zone.

The crew consists of ten members, whose descriptions all begin with the letter B:[5] a Bellman, the leader; a "Boots", who is the only member of the crew without an illustration;[6] a maker of Bonnets and Hoods; a Barrister, who settles arguments among the crew; a Broker, who can appraise the goods of the crew; a Billiard-marker, who is greatly skilled; a Banker, who possesses all of the crew's money; a Butcher, who can only kill beavers; a Beaver, who makes lace and has saved the crew from disaster several times; and a Baker, who can only bake wedding cake, forgets his belongings and his name, but possesses courage.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »

It seems to be a pattern of late.   :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2017, 05:40:05 pm »
Perhaps because you're definition of "real" is at odds with most other's.

Wingnut

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2017, 06:17:58 pm »

This highway leads to the shadowy tip of reality: you're on a through route to the land of the different, the bizarre, the unexplainable...Go as far as you like on this road. Its limits are only those of mind itself. Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. Next stop....The Briefing Room

Offline aligncare

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2017, 06:44:34 pm »
 :silly:

I followed that all the way through to your surprising, yet logical, conclusion.  :beer:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:49:27 pm by aligncare »

Wingnut

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2017, 06:49:34 pm »
:silly:

I followed that all the way through to your surprise, yet logical, conclusion.  :beer:

I was on you like ugly on a Baldwin brother before the election....  But i have moved on. I have embraced the Thump.     But the butt-hurt are legion here.  Insanity is rampant. :beer:

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2017, 08:37:50 pm »
... Insanity is rampant...

@Wingnut

Tell you what Wingy and with all due respect... if you represent sanity here or anywhere, the definition of sanity has cratered...bigley...  :laugh:

Wingnut

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2017, 08:46:56 pm »
@Wingnut

Tell you what Wingy and with all due respect... if you represent sanity here or anywhere, the definition of sanity has cratered...bigley...  :laugh:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2017, 10:36:50 pm »
I was on you like ugly on a Baldwin brother before the election....  But i have moved on. I have embraced the Thump.     But the butt-hurt are legion here.  Insanity is rampant. :beer:

I remember that. I did come across as a bit needy. As I recall, I said, "Why are you dissing Trump? Give him a chance. He will do great things. And, why can't you just be understanding?"

And you shot back, "That would be fine in a world of fairies and magic bunnies." Or something like that.

Those were the days.

Wingnut

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »
I remember that. I did come across as a bit needy. As I recall, I said, "Why are you dissing Trump? Give him a chance. He will do great things. And, why can't you just be understanding?"

And you shot back, "That would be fine in a world of fairies and magic bunnies." Or something like that.

Those were the days.

Edit...Upon further reflection...Not sure if  ever used the term "bunnies.   But none the less, the spirit rings true.

Good times! Brother.  Some have not moved on. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:45:55 pm by Wingnut »

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2017, 12:43:20 am »
uh huh

You just shot yourself in the foot and then stuck it in your mouth to stop the bleeding.

I meant on this thread. No matter. This side avenue seems to be sliding into a cul-de-sac of pointlessness. 'Not meant as a criticism, only an observation. So the better part of valor has me putting away my stop watch and subsiding.

A broken alleluia.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:08:39 am by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2017, 04:19:14 am »
Not sure if the cul-de-sac analogy quite fits...

I think the GOP prays, and a few NT or AT believe we are on the same road and we have ended up in a cul-de-sac and are simply arguing over the approach but are agreed in the direction.

To me this is simply fantasy. Both NT and AT are fed up with both political parties and the direction they are taking this country. Although I think the AT are deluded, I have no doubt they fervently believe the cult figure that they worship is telling the truth this time and will come through on his promises.

The NT's are just as fervent in their knowledge that it is only when there is a return to the traditional Jude-Christian Conservative values that this country was founded on, by a large majority of the citizenry will to offer a cliche, the ship of state be righted.   

As I've stated before he was elected but as he proves on a daily basis he is not fit to serve. Those that have emotionally invested in this man and are somehow attempting to straddle the unbridgeable divide between the two groups in the interests of party unity, or more likely their own self interest or financial security, are greatly conflicted....

During the election season I was of the view that a Trump presidency would destroy the Conservative  movement for at least a generation as I'd expected he would display at least marginal competence and an affinity for the job. He has embodied the prediction for everyone arguing that voting for the lessor of two evils is idiotic and if the voters keep doing that they will end up with an idiot....  :shrug:

Offline DB

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2017, 09:46:00 am »
That sums it up pretty well. The GOP voters own what they've done and it didn't have to be this way.

« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2017, 11:49:44 am »
Not sure if the cul-de-sac analogy quite fits...

I think the GOP prays, and a few NT or AT believe we are on the same road and we have ended up in a cul-de-sac and are simply arguing over the approach but are agreed in the direction.

To me this is simply fantasy. Both NT and AT are fed up with both political parties and the direction they are taking this country. Although I think the AT are deluded, I have no doubt they fervently believe the cult figure that they worship is telling the truth this time and will come through on his promises.

The NT's are just as fervent in their knowledge that it is only when there is a return to the traditional Jude-Christian Conservative values that this country was founded on, by a large majority of the citizenry will to offer a cliche, the ship of state be righted.   

As I've stated before he was elected but as he proves on a daily basis he is not fit to serve. Those that have emotionally invested in this man and are somehow attempting to straddle the unbridgeable divide between the two groups in the interests of party unity, or more likely their own self interest or financial security, are greatly conflicted....

During the election season I was of the view that a Trump presidency would destroy the Conservative  movement for at least a generation as I'd expected he would display at least marginal competence and an affinity for the job. He has embodied the prediction for everyone arguing that voting for the lessor of two evils is idiotic and if the voters keep doing that they will end up with an idiot....  :shrug:

:3:

Offline DB

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2017, 12:25:00 pm »

:3:

That's the beauty of the Internet. These comments are frozen in time, if you have the courage to let them stand, and the truth of what was said will be known in time, likely in less than a few years.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2017, 12:32:56 pm »
That's the beauty of the Internet. These comments are frozen in time, if you have the courage to let them stand, and the truth of what was said will be known in time, likely in less than a few years.

Which is probably explains the urge to quickly deride, dismiss and consign to the trash heap by the more sensitive ATs.

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2017, 01:29:27 pm »

I couldn't agree with you more.