Author Topic: Republican Party is walking away from the GOP president: Stuart Varney  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Party is walking away from the GOP president: Stuart Varney

By Stuart Varney Published August 17, 2017

The congressional calendar is jammed. There are serious doubts that there's room for all the legislation that's lined up waiting for a vote.

Well the current political crisis swirling around the White House, is making things worse.

Look at this. There are just 12 days before the end of September, when the House and Senate are in session together. In those 12 days, Congress has to pass a budget and a debt ceiling extension. That's surely very difficult.

Now throw in the Republican Party walking away from the Republican president. That is what's happening. And the chances of getting a budget, debt ceiling, health care, tax cuts and infrastructure done this year are surely slim and none.

more
http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2017/08/17/republican-party-is-walking-away-from-gop-president-stuart-varney.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Republican Party is walking away from the GOP president: Stuart Varney
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 06:12:07 pm »
Trump was the Art of the Dealmaker, he was going to single-handedly get America "the best deals".

America was conned.... AGAIN.

Because it wanted to be conned and told what it wanted to hear without any shred of principle outside of fear and retribution.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 06:12:16 pm »
 This lets them try and blame Trump but I don't think they ever had the intention of doing it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 06:16:12 pm »
Trump was the Art of the Dealmaker, he was going to single-handedly get America "the best deals".

America was conned.... AGAIN.

Because it wanted to be conned and told what it wanted to hear without any shred of principle outside of fear and retribution.

@INVAR
So you think this stuff would have happened if Trump weren't elected?    Would the Republicans have been lining up to pass Cruz's agenda?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 06:17:11 pm »
So the political silliness season and Kabucki theater is upon us again. If they try to ram some silly stupid debt extension and budget through at the last minute as usual, Trump ought to call their bluff and veto it. Make them do it right. make the do nothing congress explain why they can't get anything done.  Sure they will try to blame Trump for vetoing their BS, but he has the upper hand.

Maybe Trump should Twitter up a storm now, that if Congress doesn't have good bills on his desk by a certain date in early September, he will not accept a rush job at the last minute.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 06:47:32 pm »
@INVAR
So you think this stuff would have happened if Trump weren't elected?    Would the Republicans have been lining up to pass Cruz's agenda?

Irrelevant.

The people were sold on the fact by the Trump Faithful and Militant that Trump was THE ONLY immortal on the planet capable of defeating Hillary and withstanding the onslaught of the Establishment Swamp to 'get the best deals' and 'make Washington work for the people" while MAGA.

Trump and his people said they did not need Conservatives who would not bend the knee, because they asserted Trump could do everything single-handedly, because of Trump's incredible business acumen, ability to negotiate and purloin success was an unrivaled feat in the history of man.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 06:47:35 pm »
Would the Republicans have been lining up to pass Cruz's agenda?

No, they would be stonewalling Cruz too.  And he'd be receiving death threats from Hollywood types, and the violence would be the same in the streets, and the media would be having a field day.

At least we could call them all racists if that's any consolation.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 06:48:38 pm »
No, they would be stonewalling Cruz too.  And he'd be receiving death threats from Hollywood types, and the violence would be the same in the streets, and the media would be having a field day.

At least we could call them all racists if that's any consolation.

Yeah, I don't understand where anyone gets the idea that Cruz is popular with Establishment Republicans.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 07:09:08 pm »
A little on the tiresome and pathetic theory that Ted Cruz (or anyone else) could or could not get anything done. Its like global warming science. A predetermined outcome arrived at by deliberately ignoring data. If Trump does something we like they declare only Trump could do it. If he can't do something they declare that If Trump can't do it, no one can. If Trump does something they don't like, they declare that Trump is pragmatic and anybody would have done the same. Its truly pathetic.

The ignored data is the fact that Trump is completely undiplomatic and unwilling to bend. The kind of man who thinks you can beat obedience into a dog. He's gone out of his way to make enemies.

Ted Cruz on the other hand does have a diplomatic streak and does know how to use it. He didn't take credit for it but the night before John Boehner suddenly announced his retirement Ted Cruz had a mysterious closed door meeting with house conservatives. He has a lot of friends in the house and a few in the senate.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 10:08:50 pm »
While we can never understand the cesspool that is Washington D.C., the one thing we can count on is that it is always worse than you think.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 10:11:47 pm »
While we can never understand the cesspool that is Washington D.C., the one thing we can count on is that it is always worse than you think.

By miles!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien