Author Topic: Democratic hopes for big 2018 win fading, Confederate statue backlash?  (Read 464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic hopes for big 2018 win fading, Confederate statue backlash?
by Paul Bedard | Aug 18, 2017, 8:15 AM

Democratic expectations of capturing control of the Senate and scoring big gubernatorial wins are fading and the new war over ripping down statues to Confederate figures could prompt a voter backlash, according to two new election previews.

In Virginia, where voters elect a new governor this fall, the battle over statues is already picking up in the wake of the Charlottesville clash and a leading political watcher is predicting a danger zone ahead for Democrats.

"At least one Democrat working on this year's election expressed concern to us that Confederate nostalgia might redound in Republicans' benefit this year," according to Kyle Kondik, managing editor of Larry Sabato's Crystal Ball, the University of Virginia Center for Politics weekly publication.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-hopes-for-big-2018-win-fading-confederate-statue-backlash/article/2631934
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Democratic hopes for big 2018 win fading, Confederate statue backlash?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 01:22:17 pm »
Dems always have events fall in their laps...but they always have a tendency to over-play their response therefore never getting much traction from it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Democratic hopes for big 2018 win fading, Confederate statue backlash?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 01:24:59 pm »
Dems always have events fall in their laps...but they always have a tendency to over-play their response therefore never getting much traction from it.

That's because the Democrats are nothing more than a mix of identity groups who all have different grievances. One of the reasons they've lost the white working and middle class
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy