Author Topic: Why Trump is better for black America than Obama ever was  (Read 220 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why Trump is better for black America than Obama ever was
« on: August 17, 2017, 05:02:26 pm »
Why Trump is better for black America than Obama ever was
The Hill, Aug 15, 2017, Stephen Moore

Every sane person in the country has denounced the ‎violence and bigotry displayed in Charlottesville over the weekend weekend, and President Trump has done so forcefully and repeatedly. I’ve been in the conservative movement for more than 30 years and have never once met or associated with a white supremacist. I don’t know who David Duke is, nor do I know any member of a racist group. If they did show up at any conservative meeting, they would be unceremoniously tossed out.

Conservatives stand for equality of opportunity, equal justice under the law, and a colorblind society. We also believe in results, not intentions. Liberals tend to have horrible results with their good intentions when it comes to economic policy, especially as it pertains to black Americans. Polls show consistently that what blacks care most about today is jobs and economic opportunity.

Barack Obama, our first black president, won well over 90 percent of the black vote, yet from an economic perspective he delivered poor results. Black incomes from 2009 to 2014 fell more for blacks than any other racial or ethnic group. Just as an example of good intentions run amok: policies like raising the minimum wage increases had a statistically significant negative effect on black teenage labor force participation rates.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/346647-opinion-the-real-record-on-black-america-under-trump-vs