Author Topic: NFL Commissioner: 'Respect Those Rights' of Players Protesting National Anthem  (Read 636 times)

rangerrebew

NFL Commissioner: 'Respect Those Rights' of Players Protesting National Anthem

National Football League (NFL) Commissioner Roger Goodell says that “we want to respect” the “rights” of players to protest the national anthem before games.

On Monday, after players protested the national anthem at games over the weekend – one by sitting and eating a banana while the anthem played [1] – Goodell was asked if anthem protests are going to be a problem in the upcoming season.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/nfl-commissioner-respect-those-rights-players-protesting-national-anthem

Offline goodwithagun

I don't have a problem with this. They don't have a problem with me turning off my tv, canceling my sports package, and not purchasing licensed gear, right?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline dfwgator

What's an NFL?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The NFL is sinking into the toilet.  People do not wish to watch self-righteous guys dishonor this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'll tune in just to see somebody break Lynch's leg.    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goodwithagun

I'll tune in just to see somebody break Lynch's leg.    *****rollingeyes*****

Shouldn't he be required to change his last name?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I wonder if he's also support pro-life protests?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I would sit during the anthem but be wearing a ball cap with a company's logo on it. Let's see how committed he is to free speech then.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline dfwgator

I can see this getting real ugly.

I saw where one black player was starting to call on White players to join them in the protests.   

And with recent events, there is now going to be even more pressure. 

rangerrebew

Some school, in Oregon I think, did actually change it's name from Lynch because it was a reminder of racism. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline goatprairie

I wonder if he's also support pro-life protests?
Or some player with the Confederate battle flag sewn on his jersey. We know what would happen then.
Goodell is just another mealy-mouthed hypocrite.

Wingnut

Roger Goodell.  Worst Commish evar.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
National
Felon
League.

Offline the_doc

The NFL is sinking into the toilet.  People do not wish to watch self-righteous guys dishonor this country.

The NFL commissioner needs to notice that accommodating BLM jerks was DISASTROUS for the University of Missouri's enrollment and cash flow.  Even if the BLM is not likely to hurt the NFL quite so badly, the over-the-top PC approach being formalized by Goodell is definitely a move in the wrong direction.

Offline dfwgator

I'm tired of low-life thugs, like Ezekiel Elliott.  I can't relate to most of these guys, and I feel it's a waste of time rooting for them.  I've got better things to do.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I don't have a problem with this. They don't have a problem with me turning off my tv, canceling my sports package, and not purchasing licensed gear, right?

:patriot:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Never had any interest in football, ever.

That said...
Sounds like the NFL is on the verge of putting itself out of favor of a lot of its fans.