Author Topic: Phoenix mayor not happy about President Trump's rally plans  (Read 480 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Phoenix mayor not happy about President Trump's rally plans
« on: August 17, 2017, 01:43:03 am »
PHOENIX (AP) — President Donald Trump plans to rally supporters in Phoenix next week, and Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton is not happy about it.

Trump's campaign announced the event Wednesday — a day after the president blamed "both sides" for weekend violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, between white supremacists and counter-demonstrators.

The Aug. 22 rally will take place at the Phoenix Convention Center, the campaign said. Trump tweeted about the event Wednesday night with a link for ticket availability.

"I am disappointed that President Trump has chosen to hold a campaign rally as our nation is still healing from the tragic events in Charlottesville," Stanton said in a statement Wednesday afternoon. "It is my hope that more sound judgment prevails and that he delays his visit."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/phoenix-mayor-not-happy-president-trumps-rally-plans-234914271--politics.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Phoenix mayor not happy about President Trump's rally plans
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 02:19:56 am »
In other words, Mr Stanton - you are unsure of your ability to maintain order in your city.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 02:29:37 am »
In other words, Mr Stanton - you are unsure of your ability to maintain order in your city.

Maybe he chose the city on purpose. It would be really uncomfortable to protest in those black Antifa getups during mid August in Phoenix.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 05:35:58 am »

I don't travel into the city much.  I don't think Stanton can keep control, so I just hope the trouble stays downtown and doesn't spill into the 'burbs.  It will be interesting to see where the Antifa folks are planning their get-together.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 06:53:05 am »
Tough noogies.

Mad Max

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 06:55:25 am »

:beer: