Author Topic: Here are the Republicans denouncing Trump by name  (Read 1260 times)

Offline libertybele

Here are the Republicans denouncing Trump by name
« on: August 16, 2017, 09:17:14 pm »
Graham, McCain, and even Jethro Bushy are jumping on this one.  3 of my very least favorite people.  One is gone from politics, one is on his way to pushing up tulips and with any luck maybe the other will be voted out of office.

Here are the Republicans denouncing Trump by name

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/16/politics/republicans-list-denouncing-trump-by-name/index.html

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a strong critic of Trump, took a hard stance on Wednesday against Trump's remarks at the news conference.
"Through his statements yesterday, President Trump took a step backward by again suggesting there is moral equivalency between the white supremacist neo-Nazis and KKK members who attended the Charlottesville rally and people like Ms. Heyer. I, along with many others, do not endorse this moral equivalency," Graham said in a statement.
He continued: "Many Republicans do not agree with and will fight back against the idea that the Party of Lincoln has a welcome mat out for the David Dukes of the world."
Sen. John McCain, whom Trump called out at the news conference for not voting for the GOP health care bill, tweeted, "There's no moral equivalency between racists & Americans standing up to defy hate& bigotry. The President of the United States should say so"....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/16/politics/republicans-list-denouncing-trump-by-name/index.html
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:18:19 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Here are the Republicans denouncing Trump by name
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 09:39:54 pm »
He may be being denounced by Republicans, but he still has the love, respect, and most importantly votes of the nazis :patriot:

David Duke @DrDavidDuke

Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/897554574663442432
3:45 PM - Aug 15, 2017

Richard Spencer @RichardBSpencer

Trump's statement was fair and down to earth. #Charlottesville could have been peaceful, if police did its job. https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/15/trump-i-think-theres-blame-on-both-sides.html
4:33 PM - Aug 15, 2017

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:04:45 am »

traitors

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 01:06:52 am »
I think Franklin Graham's editorial is pretty much spot on, those blaming Trump are pretty disgraceful.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 01:10:29 am »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 01:15:29 am »
There's no room for race hate in America.

There's no room for hatred of the principles and system they created that grant us our freedoms here in America.

What the HELL is so controversial about that? Cannot we hold these two beliefs concurrently?

This is f*cking nuts.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 01:23:43 am »

There's no room for hatred of the principles and system they created that grant us our freedoms here in America.

What the HELL is so controversial about that? Cannot we hold these two beliefs concurrently?

This is f*cking nuts.

I can't speak for Republicans or President Trump, but the more I read about the nazis, the less I like them.  Turns out a lot of them hate Jews.  That is not the kind of thing I subscribe to.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 01:29:38 am »
I can't speak for Republicans or President Trump, but the more I read about the nazis, the less I like them.  Turns out a lot of them hate Jews.  That is not the kind of thing I subscribe to.

Thats good, neither do I.

BTW do you see any irony in the Bush family referencing Constitution and founding principles while studiously avoiding mention of the violent group who's obvious goal is to destroy it & them?

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 01:43:01 am »
Thats good, neither do I.

BTW do you see any irony in the Bush family referencing Constitution and founding principles while studiously avoiding mention of the violent group who's obvious goal is to destroy it & them?

I'm sorry.  What is the name of the violent group whose obvious goal is to destroy it(the Constitution) & them(the Bushs?)?

If it is ANTIFA, then no.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 01:43:59 am »

This is f*cking nuts.

I agree with you.  However for a very long time it seems that there are those in our government who are creating the hatred that now seems to have a real stranglehold on our society and they aren't letting up.  Unfortunately for political gain they are instilling hatred for America instead of love for America; American exceptionalism and pride in one's country is now seen as wrong and they are going so far as to whittle away at our freedom and even  suggesting that the principles of the Constitution should be considered not applicable to modern day society. Bammy took us back decades in race relations and the MSM continues to accommodate him and the left.  President Trump wasn't about to give them a free pass.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 01:46:12 am »
I'm sorry.  What is the name of the violent group whose obvious goal is to destroy it(the Constitution) & them(the Bushs?)?

If it is ANTIFA, then no.

Well, yes.

You need to read past Antifa's publicity flier.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 02:24:35 am »
Well, yes.

You need to read past Antifa's publicity flier.

People who engage in their first amendment rights through violence are criminals and should be arrested and tried.

I don't support Antifa any more than I support the nazis.  Trump has a DoJ.  Go after them.  Get to work Mr. President.  You are way behind on all your promises.  Besides Gorsuch, Russian sanctions, and one really good denunciation of nazis, you ain't got much to show for 7 months.  You are running out of time Mr. President.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 03:32:02 am »
Senator Pat Toomey @SenToomey 12 hours ago

My statement on hate groups in the wake of Charlottesville:

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 03:39:59 am »
Josh Mandel‏ @JoshMandelOhio 1 hour ago

Statement released to media today on Nazis and bigotry in America:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:14:36 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 04:17:10 am »
http://sunshinestatenews.com/story/scott-says-he-didnt-serve-defend-neo-nazis

Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi, both strong supporters of President Donald Trump, decried racism and groups such as the Ku Klux Klan and neo-Nazis as reverberations continued Wednesday across the country after a deadly weekend in Charlottesville, Va.

“I served in the Navy. My dad served in the Second World War,” Scott said. “I didn't serve to defend neo-Nazis.”
<snip>
“There is no place in our country for racism, bigotry, the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists,” Scott said. He added: “There is no moral equivalence between the two sides.”

more at link

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 04:26:38 am »
Rep. Mike Gallagher @RepGallagher 11 hours ago

My most recent statement on Charlottesville:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 04:54:04 am »
I think Franklin Graham's editorial is pretty much spot on, those blaming Trump are pretty disgraceful.

Yes, they are attention seeking scabs who are trying to blame Trump for something he did NOT do.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 04:55:12 am »
Rep. Mike Gallagher @RepGallagher 11 hours ago

My most recent statement on Charlottesville:

Mike, I hope your betrayal of the truth and of President Trump gets you a couple of votes.

You should be ashamed.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 05:01:15 am »
I agree with you.  However for a very long time it seems that there are those in our government who are creating the hatred that now seems to have a real stranglehold on our society and they aren't letting up.  Unfortunately for political gain they are instilling hatred for America instead of love for America; American exceptionalism and pride in one's country is now seen as wrong and they are going so far as to whittle away at our freedom and even  suggesting that the principles of the Constitution should be considered not applicable to modern day society. Bammy took us back decades in race relations and the MSM continues to accommodate him and the left.  President Trump wasn't about to give them a free pass.

Amen, Sister and why can't the rest of the people see this.

Obama may not have created racism but he encouraged it at every step of the way.

Now, we have elected officials who cannot bring themselves to say a word against violent groups like BLM but who have now gone into hysterics because Trump rightfully blamed both sides in this mess.

We have people in agony because they think Trump should have been less fair and taken the easy road.

We have millionaire football players who won't stand for the National Anthem.  And we have too many brothers supporting that stand.

This monument destroying movement needs to stop now.  I hope Trump does something about it.

Mad Max

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 05:38:21 am »
It was satisfactory to me. What do they want him to do?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 08:04:12 am »
Nor I, but that will never be enough to push me into defending the violent racists and the communists on the other end of the spectrum.

What is so hard about finding Antifa, BLM, the noeNazis and the KKK all disgusting? What is so hard about decrying violence from ANY group? A balloon filled with piss will be just as nasty no matter who throws it at you, a club will bruise or break bones, no matter who swings it.

ENOUGH!

What is so hard about standing up for the right of those who wish to speak peacefully to do so, even when we disagree? (Because that is what freedom of speech is all about).

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 11:54:48 am »

This is f*cking nuts.

@skeeter

This. 

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 02:52:13 am »
Nor I, but that will never be enough to push me into defending the violent racists and the communists on the other end of the spectrum.

Spectacular spin, but who is defending Antifa and BLM?

What is so hard about finding Antifa, BLM, the noeNazis and the KKK all disgusting? What is so hard about decrying violence from ANY group? A balloon filled with piss will be just as nasty no matter who throws it at you, a club will bruise or break bones, no matter who swings it.

There is nothing hard about condemning broad concepts like violence and hate.  It is the easiest thing in the world for most Americans.  It is far easier for President Trump to condemn many sides than to condemn a specific act.  One of his voters killed a liberal protester and injured many more.  I can't believe that Republicans can't see how that is perceived by all liberals, most moderates, and an increasingly growing number of Conservatives. 

ENOUGH!

What is so hard about standing up for the right of those who wish to speak peacefully to do so, even when we disagree? (Because that is what freedom of speech is all about).

Are you asking me to stand up for the rights of the KKK, nazis, and other Unite the Righters?  Sorry...I'm not that good.  As President Trump would say "Rights are a Privilege, not a Right."  I hate nazis, and I am actually secretly delighted to see so many confederate statues being relocated without environmental impact studies, or economic forecasts, permits, or legislation.  That Trump knows how to cut the red tape.

Good job Mr. President.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 06:17:09 am »
Spectacular spin, but who is defending Antifa and BLM?

There is nothing hard about condemning broad concepts like violence and hate.  It is the easiest thing in the world for most Americans.  It is far easier for President Trump to condemn many sides than to condemn a specific act.  One of his voters killed a liberal protester and injured many more.  I can't believe that Republicans can't see how that is perceived by all liberals, most moderates, and an increasingly growing number of Conservatives. 

Are you asking me to stand up for the rights of the KKK, nazis, and other Unite the Righters?  Sorry...I'm not that good.  As President Trump would say "Rights are a Privilege, not a Right."  I hate nazis, and I am actually secretly delighted to see so many confederate statues being relocated without environmental impact studies, or economic forecasts, permits, or legislation.  That Trump knows how to cut the red tape.

Good job Mr. President.

Got it. It's okay when you do it?

Where have I heard that before?

I tend a little more toward "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your Right to say it."
Violence is not protected free speech, regardless of who engages in it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis