Author Topic: Impeaching Trump May Not Be Necessary to Remove Him From the White House  (Read 655 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Since before he even entered the White House, the word impeachment has swirled around President Donald Trump. But now, after his equating of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with those who oppose them, one Democrat is calling for Trump to be removed from office without the need for a lengthy impeachment process.

Representative Jackie Speier of California has advocated for Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet’s use of the 25th Amendment to declare Trump unable to discharge the powers of the presidency.

Since before he even entered the White House, the word impeachment has swirled around President Donald Trump. But now, after his equating of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with those who oppose them, one Democrat is calling for Trump to be removed from office without the need for a lengthy impeachment process.

Representative Jackie Speier of California has advocated for Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet’s use of the 25th Amendment to declare Trump unable to discharge the powers of the presidency.

Excerpt.  Read more at https://www.yahoo.com/news/impeaching-trump-may-not-necessary-190609433.html
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:28:33 am by MOD4 »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Personally, I believe this is a leftist pipe dream, but if it did occur the consequences would be far reaching.

Offline Hoodat

What high crime has Trump committed that is worthy of impeachment?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

None, which is why this ridiculous theory is being bandied about.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://www.yahoo.com/news/impeaching-trump-may-not-necessary-190609433.html

Maybe this is the article. Remember to link if possible.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:25:43 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So ... let me get this straight.  President Trump has committed no misdemeanor or high crimes, yet they plan on removing him from office without impeachment.  On the other hand Clinton was impeached, but they never removed him from office.  Got it.    22222frying pan
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This concerted effort to remove him is scary.  I never imagined we would see this.  That they didn't try this with Obama is also telling.  The egop deserves to rot in hell.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

So ... let me get this straight.  President Trump has committed no misdemeanor or high crimes, yet they plan on removing him from office without impeachment.  On the other hand Clinton was impeached, but they never removed him from office.  Got it.    22222frying pan

Clinton was impeached, but not convicted. It's similar to being indicted and receiving a not guilty verdict.  The 25th amendment is a good idea, in principle. If it had been around at the time, it could've been used and probably should have been, to remove Wilson during his second term.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This concerted effort to remove him is scary.  I never imagined we would see this.  That they didn't try this with Obama is also telling.  The egop deserves to rot in hell.

First and foremost, Trump won the election. For the establishment to now try and remove him is scary. I'm waiting for Cruz and Lee on this one ... the Constitution and the vote of the people should stand. If they succeed in removing him, then our votes truly no longer count and we are no longer are a republic.  IMHO he must be getting very close to proving the corruption of certain individuals and holding them accountable (draining the swamp).  Their only hope now is to try to remove him from office before he succeeds. If they should remove him from office; I don't see people sitting back and remaining calm.  Perhaps this is the real reason why Pence is cutting his trip short.  Sorry, but I think Pence was Trump's biggest mistake.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

Re: Impeaching Trump May Not Be Necessary to Remove Him From the White House
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 02:26:00 am »
First and foremost, Trump won the election. For the establishment to now try and remove him is scary. I'm waiting for Cruz and Lee on this one ... the Constitution and the vote of the people should stand. If they succeed in removing him, then our votes truly no longer count and we are no longer are a republic.

The 25th Amendment is part of the Constitution.   They have an uphill climb to show it's applicable here. However, it could used to remove a duly elected President.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 02:28:51 am »
Bill Clinton's place in history is being the only elected President to ever be impeached.  I want that legacy to remain in place for at least a century.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 02:32:42 am »