Author Topic: ‘He is stubborn and doesn't realize how bad this is getting’  (Read 695 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ‘He is stubborn and doesn't realize how bad this is getting’

The Charlottesville furor is the latest example of the chaos that can result from Trump’s temper and refusal to back down.

By NANCY COOK and JOSH DAWSEY

08/16/2017 08:58 PM EDT

Updated 08/16/2017 09:24 PM EDT

President Donald Trump’s decision to double down on his argument that “both sides” were to blame for the violent clashes at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, was driven in part by his own anger — and his disdain for being told what to do.

Trump’s temper has been a constant force in this eight-month-old White House. He’s made policy decisions after becoming irritated with staffers and has escalated fights in the past few weeks with everyone from the Senate majority leader to the volatile dictator of North Korea.

The controversy over his response to the Charlottesville violence was no different. Agitated about being pressured by aides to clarify his first public statement, Trump unexpectedly unwound the damage control of the prior two days by assigning blame to the “alt-left” and calling some of the white supremacist protesters “very fine people.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/16/trump-charlottesville-temper-chaos-241721
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: ‘He is stubborn and doesn't realize how bad this is getting’
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 01:52:55 am »
Back down from what?  Another Politico hit piece.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:57:08 am »
I can't believe how far this has gone...just unbelievable.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 02:07:27 am »

Ya ever blow the lid off your pressure cooker?

This has been building for a long time. I'm going to throw obama under the bus and say there was a heck of a lot of crap stuffed into the pressure cooker during his term.

People can scream and yell and disown me when I say if they label me a white nationalist I am good with that. Am I a racist? ABSOLUTELY. I've said why on this forum,  and everywhere I go why that is. But no one listens.

I am siding with Trump on this. So far.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 02:15:15 am »
This is unusual for Trump.

Usually he's turned the tables on anyone that criticizes him or threatens his path, often ruthlessly, unfairly and dishonestly. Now he seems surrounded on all fronts, with too many targets to isolate, not being able to divide and conquer like he was in the primaries.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 02:24:21 am »

There are many problems with Trump, but in this instance the main one is not his stubbornness, but his lack of eloquence and clarity of thought. 

His point -- that there was violence on both sides -- is valid, indeed the violence was initiated by the club-wielding Antifa before the deranged neo-Nazi decided to emulate the vehicular-jihadis of Europe.  However his initial statement should have begun by condemning the KKK and neo-Nazis before analogizing Charlottesville to the Red-Brown street battles of Weimar Germany, recalling Antifa's previous riots when the objects of their violence were not vile racists, and wishing a plague on both their houses.  If he really wanted to play to his white base in the south, he could have expressed sympathy for the "heritage-not-hate" position espoused by some advocates of Confederate memorials and issued a call for Confederate heritage groups to dissociate themselves publicly from overt racists.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:27:06 am by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 02:27:05 am »
This is unusual for Trump.

Usually he's turned the tables on anyone that criticizes him or threatens his path, often ruthlessly, unfairly and dishonestly. Now he seems surrounded on all fronts, with too many targets to isolate, not being able to divide and conquer like he was in the primaries.

We should all be alarmed by what's happening.  This is our President that we elected. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 02:27:45 am »
‘He is stubborn and doesn't realize how bad this is getting’

He didn't fold like a napkin. Got it.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 02:30:23 am »
Ya ever blow the lid off your pressure cooker?

This has been building for a long time. I'm going to throw obama under the bus and say there was a heck of a lot of crap stuffed into the pressure cooker during his term.

People can scream and yell and disown me when I say if they label me a white nationalist I am good with that. Am I a racist? ABSOLUTELY. I've said why on this forum,  and everywhere I go why that is. But no one listens.

I am siding with Trump on this. So far.
Dude, everyone is racist, read judgemental of those that are different, it's in our genes as a defence mechanism. Everyone makes snap judgements about prople the very first time we see them, it's what we choose to do afterwards that is important,,are we right sometimes, hell yes, but what's important when danger isn't imminent is do we take the time be thoughtfull and gve others a chance. Right now I can honestly that there are lots of people that I don't have to give a second thought to based soley on first observations and color is a minor part of it, and my experience is also that while yes there are White racists they are way far from having a lock on being the biggest racists.
@bigheadfred

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 02:34:42 am »
With any luck the President is getting the inside skinny.

It could be a lot like my house.

My wife says she didn't want to tell me because she knew how mad I would get. (Yeah, I get mad. And then I calm down.) And I tell her if I knew then we could work at fixing it before it was unfixable.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 02:37:59 am »

I tend to be an optimist. Maybe it is as simple as the left is falling apart because they can't believe Pres. Trump not only won't back down, but confronts them on their complicity with the violent alt-left. We're seeing a lot of Pubs falling in line with the media's lie but is that all that unusual.

I watched the press conference and never for a second thought Pres. Trump was saying there are good neo-nazi's,  white supremacists, or antifa people.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 02:47:59 am »
Dude, everyone is racist, read judgemental of those that are different, it's in our genes as a defence mechanism. Everyone makes snap judgements about prople the very first time we see them, it's what we choose to do afterwards that is important,,are we right sometimes, hell yes, but what's important when danger isn't imminent is do we take the time be thoughtfull and gve others a chance. Right now I can honestly that there are lots of people that I don't have to give a second thought to based soley on first observations and color is a minor part of it, and my experience is also that while yes there are White racists they are way far from having a lock on being the biggest racists.
@bigheadfred

You are correct.

I'll repeat myself. There is only one race on the planet. The human race. This place was made for human beings. Man and woman. I make judgments against people. Not based on their skin color. Mostly based on what I perceive to be the strength of their character.

I'm going to tell you all something.  Do you know why G-d commanded the Israelites to kill the canaanites. ALL of them?

They weren't human beings.

And to that, I agree. That makes me a racist.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 03:04:43 am »

There are many problems with Trump, but in this instance the main one is not his stubbornness, but his lack of eloquence and clarity of thought.

That's a fact.  Once he walked away from the podium, he fielded a question about whether he would visit Charlottesville and he began rambling about the Trump Vineyard nearby.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 03:16:57 am »
I'm going to tell you all something.  Do you know why G-d commanded the Israelites to kill the canaanites. ALL of them?

They were sacrificing their young children and infants in the fires of Molech.  There was no redeeming them because they refused to stop their wickedness.

That alone ought to scare the living crap out of us - that God would use an army of men to wipe out an entire nation down to the last man, woman and child because they practiced evil.

We sacrifice our children in the womb so we can have sex with whomever without consequences.

Are we stupid enough to assume that blood has not cried out to Him in Heaven above?

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8, Malachi 3:6.

If the Civil War was Judgment on our nation for the sin of slavery, imagine what the cost in our blood is going to be for an entire generation of millions upon millions slaughtered in the womb.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 03:17:36 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775