Author Topic: Trump's attacks could leave him friendless if impeachment comes  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump's attacks could leave him friendless if impeachment comes
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2017, 04:42:52 pm »

Yep.... Maybe Trump should sit down with leaders from the House and the Senate and actually talk. Not tweet about how bad things are.

Maybe you should get a clue.  Trump has already done that many times.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2017, 04:44:36 pm »
In my opinion people like McConnell shouldn't be firing shots AT Trump. Trump's inexperience at being POTUS in no way excuses the actions and words of those pukes like McConnell.

McConnell has had way too much experience and he hasn't learned a dang thing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2017, 04:48:43 pm »
Well said. The President is the leader of his party. He has a choice:  he can either lead or he can whine. So far, he's decided to do the later. Unfortunately, I have little confidence he's inclined or even capable of doing the former.

I must disagree.

Trump does whine in his tweets.

But to say he does nothing else is ridiculous. 

That is a facile and uninformed position.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2017, 04:55:47 pm »
I have been one of Trump's biggest critics here.  Still, I am very happy he had the courage to call out  Antifa,BLM, and the rest of the left wing domestic terrorist in last weekend's debacle.

Name me one other person in a GOP leadership role who has had the same balls to do that.

Amen, brother.

For way too long our political leadership has been too cowardly and too afraid of the media and what Jane Fonda might say about them.

Trump didn't even say anything outrageous, but simply not going all out against one side while excusing the other is outrageous in today's society.

For 8 years Obama encouraged radical leftist groups.  Trump has supported the police.  Obama never did.  Well, he did give one cop a beer (beer summit).

There needs to be a moratorium   on all these marches until more vetting can be done about who will participate and what their aims are.  This is not shutting down free speech.  It is common sense.

BLM can write letters to the editor for a while instead of marching.

And Trump gets some loyalty from me by defending Robert E. Lee (and old Traveler) and by pointing out that all statues and monuments ... except those to God ... are of flawed people.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2017, 05:02:05 pm »
Amen, brother.

Better Call Saul is my favorite show,  Excellent choice of icons.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2017, 05:11:53 pm »
Hold on there.  You've only been here a few days.  Relax.

There are a few people who fit your description.  There are way too many people who don't agree with me on everything, like they should.

But the mods are pretty good and personal insults are kept mostly in check.

If you want a forum to discuss issues, this is a good one.

If you want a forum where everyone agrees with you, keep looking.

I  find this form much better than FR. At least this sites owner  didn't call Trump a charlatan and his supporters fall for anything chumps then a few years later demand that everybody gets behind him  or get kicked off the forum
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2017, 05:20:12 pm »

I  find this form much better than FR. At least this sites owner  didn't call Trump a charlatan and his supporters fall for anything chumps then a few years later demand that everybody gets behind him  or get kicked off the forum

Give her time....

@mystery-ak

You know I'm kidding...

:silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Wingnut

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2017, 05:25:12 pm »

I'm disappointed in this forum. All I hear is pro-leftist nonsense and anti-Trump junk. The same thing I hear from the Enemedia propaganda machine. If it were any further left it would be like DU. They should switch out the picture of Reagan with one of LBJ or obama.

*look*

Offline Concerned

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2017, 05:28:28 pm »
I must disagree.

Trump does whine in his tweets.

But to say he does nothing else is ridiculous. 

That is a facile and uninformed position.

I don't recall seeing a plethora of examples of true Presidential leadership in Trump's interactions with Congress over the past 200+ days.  Perhaps you'd be so kind as to better inform my facile position.   :dx1:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2017, 05:45:27 pm »
I don't recall seeing a plethora of examples of true Presidential leadership in Trump's interactions with Congress over the past 200+ days.  Perhaps you'd be so kind as to better inform my facile position.   :dx1:

People tend to see what they want to see.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2017, 05:57:21 pm »
People tend to see what they want to see.

I'm always open to new facts and new information, and now that I've been accuse of having "a facile and uninformed opinion", I'm more eager than ever to gain from your apparent more extensive knowledge of the President's legislative leadership.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2017, 07:48:00 pm »
The Strategy was to make it such a living Hell for Trump, because they figured he'll just say, "Screw it" and resign.

I've never been a huge Trump supporter, but I am not an enemy.
If he's done little else, he's filled a lot of court vacancies with good judges, from SCOTUS on down, and that will effect our rights and freedoms far more than other things that may come down the pike.

We can ultimately thank Harry Reid's "nuclear option" (ironically) but more federal Judges have been appointed by Trump, than by Bush or Obama.

I do agree with what you say about others trying to get him to resign.

He shouldn't resign, no matter how badly his opponents want him to.
If they ever find an impeachable offense, so be it, but I do not think they will (as far as I know) and they are wasting their time.
He is the duly elected President of the United States and should not resign.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:48:29 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2017, 08:04:04 pm »
He shouldn't resign, no matter how badly his opponents want him to.
If they ever find an impeachable offense, so be it, but I do not think they will (as far as I know) and they are wasting their time.
He is the duly elected President of the United States and should not resign.

Noble, but ultimately irrelevant.  I no longer think what the people want is anything the leaders in this country will abide by.  Lawlessness has manifested itself into an intractable mechanism of permanence now.

I'm beginning to wonder if Trump is designated a sacrificial lamb, because if  the removal of Trump succeeds - even if it is just all for show - the amount of power suddenly in the hands of the Left, the media and the State itself - is frightening to contemplate.  Because they will have become self-aware of the fact they have the ability to neuter and remove whomever is president if he does not follow Statist doctrine and the Leftist agenda, regardless if an overwhelming majority of people voted for them.

That will forever manifest itself in how any opposition party to the Democrats operate and govern in the future.

Already it is being noted that Trump could lose an impeachment in the Senate, regardless of the fact that impeachment only happens in the House... but that too no longer matters when a lawless oligarchy is running things and the people have been ginned up to chant for whatever they have been led to tear down.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2017, 08:15:01 pm »
I'm beginning to wonder if Trump is designated a sacrificial lamb, because if  the removal of Trump succeeds - even if it is just all for show - the amount of power suddenly in the hands of the Left, the media and the State itself - is frightening to contemplate.  Because they will have become self-aware of the fact they have the ability to neuter and remove whomever is president if he does not follow Statist doctrine and the Leftist agenda, regardless if an overwhelming majority of people voted for them.

When the Media propped him up during the primaries ( he had 3 times the coverage of the other 16 candidates combined), my thought was, they did it to get Hillary elected.
Trump did get elected, and I can't help but wonder if he wasn't choice number 2 all along, so the agenda can move forward, either way.
If they harass him enough, he leaves, and they win. If he stays, They render him ineffective (minus the judges I spoke about earlier).
He is thin skinned enough to fight back on almost everything they throw at him, not picking and choosing his battles carefully enough, on any given day.

Looks like the Left won, either way we went, and this is by design.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2017, 08:23:08 pm »
When the Media propped him up during the primaries ( he had 3 times the coverage of the other 16 candidates combined), my thought was, they did it to get Hillary elected.
Trump did get elected, and I can't help but wonder if he wasn't choice number 2 all along, so the agenda can move forward, either way.
If they harass him enough, he leaves, and they win. If he stays, They render him ineffective (minus the judges I spoke about earlier).
He is thin skinned enough to fight back on almost everything they throw at him, not picking and choosing his battles carefully enough, on any given day.

When it came down to a race between Trump and Cruz, the establishment chose Trump and Trump was happy to comply and start attacking Cruz for things like calling McConnell a liar. Trump even blew kisses at John Boehner just to show how much better he could get along with people than Ted Cruz.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2017, 08:31:48 pm »
When it came down to a race between Trump and Cruz, the establishment chose Trump and Trump was happy to comply and start attacking Cruz for things like calling McConnell a liar. Trump even blew kisses at John Boehner just to show how much better he could get along with people than Ted Cruz.
Interesting, with today's news about Bannon:

Around that time you are referring to, I was listening to Briebart radio on XM, on the way to work one morning.
Bannon was interviewing Trump, (not long before Bannon went full Trump himself).

Trump said Cruz was "the worse liar he had ever known".
Even Bannon, said, "C'mon Mr. Trump, you don't really believe that, do you?"
Trump replied "He's right up there with them, believe me".
I think it was about the time the Heidi Cruz photo came out.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2017, 08:45:09 pm »

YUP.  Amen.

I was even of the opinion that Trump was Hildabeast's stalking horse for the election.

Maybe he was and decided not to hit the mat and stay down for the count so she could 'win' because all the worshipping throngs had stoked his ego beyond what he could bear and suddenly he wanted to 'win'.  I still look at the stunned media and Hillary camp and think they thought the fix was in and assured she would be crowned.

But ultimately, the Left and the Statists win, no matter what happens now.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775