Author Topic: Romney: Bigots and those fighting hate are 'not the same'  (Read 7038 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Romney: Bigots and those fighting hate are 'not the same'
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2017, 06:59:27 pm »
Define "Fascism", first.

The alt-right and the alt-left - birds of a feather.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 07:02:33 pm »
The alt-right and the alt-left - birds of a feather.

Isn't that exactly what Trump said.  Evil on both sides.

So why is Romney jumping in to criticize.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 07:03:57 pm »
See, right there is a big difference between us.  McCain and Romney were not good candidates... at least not perfect ones.  McCain hadn't gone quite looney tunes when he ran and Romney was a middle of the roader.

But, but, but ... conservatives who refused to vote for either and now seemed to be proud of that purity, gave us 8 years of a disastrous regime which may take us many years to overcome.
They were also disasters.  If they had been elected, we would have even further back than the 'compassionate conservatism' of W.

With McCain, it was open borders 8 years ago.  With Romney, it would have been pacification of all the interests which hate conservatives.

With Obama, we see the true face of liberalism in full display, and ultimately, we get enough Americans who do not want the watered-down version of conservatism. 

We do not need to be in middle of the road as you get run over.  I want to be in the fast lane, speeding by the opposition at full throttle on the right, rather than the left which is a head-on waiting to happen.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2017, 07:07:09 pm »
He's right.

One side thinks and says terrible things.

The other side does terrible things.

The car attack being the exception. But we'll just put that on the scale against Micah Johnson and then look at the rest.

You can't separate the car attack - an attack of terrorism - from what happened in Charlottesville.  The car attack defines what happened in Charlottesville, for better or for worse. 

I've been shouted down repeatedly for suggesting that not all Muslims should be defined by the cretins in their midst who perpetrate acts of terror.   Don't now suggest that not all "white nationalists" ought not be defined by the act of this white-punk jihadist.   The alt-right wears this as a mark of shame, and richly deserves all the criticism it is now receiving from ordinary Americans. 

Does it not????     

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 07:13:53 pm »
You can't separate the car attack - an attack of terrorism - from what happened in Charlottesville.  The car attack defines what happened in Charlottesville, for better or for worse. 

I've been shouted down repeatedly for suggesting that not all Muslims should be defined by the cretins in their midst who perpetrate acts of terror.   Don't now suggest that not all "white nationalists" ought not be defined by the act of this white-punk jihadist.   The alt-right wears this as a mark of shame, and richly deserves all the criticism it is now receiving from ordinary Americans. 

Does it not????   

When ordinary Muslims condemn the acts of terrorism by other Muslims, I will agree.  They do not, except in sound bites.

I don't even know what the alt-right is ... the term is continually re-defined.  But what is the line between so-called alt-right and strong conservatives?

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2017, 07:17:37 pm »

It's become a game of, "I hate Nazis more than you."

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 07:18:21 pm »
When ordinary Muslims condemn the acts of terrorism by other Muslims, I will agree.  They do not, except in sound bites.

I don't even know what the alt-right is ... the term is continually re-defined.  But what is the line between so-called alt-right and strong conservatives?

The "Alt-Right" are the "Washington Generals" of the Left.

HonestJohn

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 07:21:23 pm »
This is who and what Romney is defending:

Why are you claiming a fake flyer as truth?

It was created on 4Chan.  Also, there is no "National Antifas Front"

Offline endicom

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2017, 07:24:59 pm »

There is no such line because the ICE (Idiot Conservative Enablers) won't allow it. They will keep screeching about alt-right and posting green frogs and derogatory caricatures of Trump. You are alt-right because the ICE have handed you to the left on a platter.

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2017, 07:28:28 pm »
I say this is terrorism too.  Obvious premeditated as who brings a can of hairspray or deodorant to a rally?

Attempted murder, and just because he was did not commit murder does not make it less heinous.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online LMAO

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 07:43:23 pm »

Is that flyer fake? I can't seem to find information either way
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2017, 07:45:03 pm »
What's with the old guy humping the giant flower? 

Online LMAO

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 07:57:58 pm »

I think the flower is closer to the camera than the man  so it looks like he's humping the flower
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:58:53 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2017, 08:49:53 pm »

Beggars can't be choosers and the blue pill has a four hour window of opportunity.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2017, 08:51:05 pm »

I think the flower is closer to the camera than the man  so it looks like he's humping the flower

I suppose, but he seems to be getting into it. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 08:52:22 pm »
Romney is doing his best to justify all the race-baiters out there.  He is a pathetic piece of human debris.

I know we had a miserable President in Obama, but I thank God each day we did not have either McCain or Romney.  W caused the conservative movement to be set so far back, we are still trying to recover as some idiots claim Romney is a conservative.

Good grief.

Well I think we both Thank God we have President Trump to guide America back to our Conservative principles, but I'm going to have to...go ahead, and sort of disagree with you...on the happily choosing Obama over McCain or Romney.  I couldn't go that far, but I admire your humongous balls in sharing your choice with us.  Thank you for clarifying the measure of your character.

Online libertybele

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 08:56:22 pm »

He's part of the 'establishment'; that's what they do.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 08:58:15 pm »
I suppose, but he seems to be getting into it.

Nostalgia trip.  He probably recalls meeting a few cute 'flower power' girls in the 1960s protests, but found the women in this crowd quite unappealing. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:10:36 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 09:03:53 pm »

You called him "old".  That can be seen by some as offensive and being critical towards the elderly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2017, 09:04:03 pm »

I often post sarcastically and without a sarcasm tag, so I want to be perfectly clear in the sincerity of this post in advance.

You are truly a treasure in these times my friend.  It never occurred to be to doubt the authenticity of the flier.  Thank you for questioning what you read, and investigating it.  I am proud to stand by your side and lucky that we share so many values.  :patriot:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2017, 09:09:26 pm »
I often post sarcastically and without a sarcasm tag, so I want to be perfectly clear in the sincerity of this post in advance.

You are truly a treasure in these times my friend.  It never occurred to be to doubt the authenticity of the flier.  Thank you for questioning what you read, and investigating it.  I am proud to stand by your side and lucky that we share so many values.  :patriot:

Amen, Once-ler, and a pint of  :beer: raised to HonestJohn! 

Offline berdie

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2017, 09:18:53 pm »
Myself, I believe that all the media hype and politicians needing a spot light to show how good they are is just to foment unrest. Unintentionally. They want to run their mouths and get attention and ratings. And take down Trump.

I really didn't think Trump's speech was bad at all yesterday. Could I parse it sentence by sentence and find fault? Sure. But imho, there WAS fault on both sides. Both sides are extremists. One side ended up with a real whack job.

Truthfully...I must have "protest fatigue". A large number of these people didn't even know what they were marching about.  It reminds me of Brando...

Question: What are you protesting about?
Brando: What do ya got?

Seriously people...get a job. Handle your objectives in a legal and realistic manner. Of course you have the right to protest...but should that be the answer to every problem?

Rant off...returning my soapbox to the closet. :laugh:

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2017, 09:25:33 pm »
Well I think we both Thank God we have President Trump to guide America back to our Conservative principles, but I'm going to have to...go ahead, and sort of disagree with you...on the happily choosing Obama over McCain or Romney.  I couldn't go that far, but I admire your humongous balls in sharing your choice with us.  Thank you for clarifying the measure of your character.
please quote to me where I said I prefer Obama over McCain or Romney?

I call you out on that lie.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2017, 10:18:33 pm »
please quote to me where I said I prefer Obama over McCain or Romney?

I call you out on that lie.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Just scroll up.  You posted it
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2017, 10:27:54 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Just scroll up.  You posted it
Another lie. Show me the quote.