Author Topic: Presser: Trump: Both Sides Deserve Blame in Charlottesville Deaths  (Read 11329 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Presser: Trump: Both Sides Deserve Blame in Charlottesville Deaths
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2017, 01:57:34 pm »
1. There was violence on both sides. As a matter of fact, the alt-left people started the violence.
2. The truth is frequently the hardest message to hear.
3. The media controls the message and punishes anyone who opposes the narrative.
4. Nothing Trump was going to say was going to be sufficient so doubling down didn't hurt him that much.

Exactly.  As a matter of fact, the alt-left began this level of violence when Hillary lost the election and they haven't stopped.  They and their leaders have continued to promote their violence, yet the MSM would have you believe that somehow they are without fault in this scenario.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2017, 02:00:19 pm »
The only 'very fine people' I saw in all that were the EMT workers trying to save lives and help the injured.

@AbaraXas

That's what I'm interested in finding out.  Who were the very fine people marching with the Jew-hating Nazis?

I will not give that crap a pass.  Why would anyone?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2017, 02:02:56 pm »
@AbaraXas  Who were the very fine people marching with the Jew-hating Nazis?

The undercover Feds?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2017, 02:06:55 pm »
It is fathomable that there were people against the removal of the Lee statue that were not crazies, just as it is fathomable there were people who are for the removal but are not all dressed in black and waving black and red flags.

Grouping people under one stereotype seems to be faulty logic.

Silver Pines

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2017, 02:09:00 pm »
@mystery-ak
Wasn't that "fine people" a characterization of folks whose interest was simply in opposition  to removal of the monument? Perhaps @AbaraXas is trying to connect "fine people" to those images an hang that on Trump.

At worst, it's a verbal foot fault. And it is expected from the cabal whose mission since 11/9/16 at 0200 hours has been the overturn of the election.

Does anyone here believe that, in his heart, Trump is a seig heil saluting, blood and soil fanatic or that he holds any brief at all for such nonsense? That is what antifa and their useful idiots in the media want us to believe.

@don-o

Of course no one believes that.  There are many who believe he's frequently an idiot who keeps getting run over by his own mouth.  I'm one of those.

If someone who just wanted to preserve the statues was willing to protest alongside Nazis, they're the opposite of fine people.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2017, 02:09:32 pm »
@AbaraXas

That's what I'm interested in finding out.  Who were the very fine people marching with the Jew-hating Nazis?

I will not give that crap a pass.  Why would anyone?

So, likewise, this same logic would apply to the left, all for the removal or destruction of the Lee statue were agitators, antifa anarchist types waving bats and such. Okay, I respect everyone's opinions but I don't agree with that.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2017, 02:11:10 pm »
So, likewise, this same logic would apply to the left, all for the removal or destruction of the Lee statue were agitators, antifa anarchist types waving bats and such. Okay, I respect everyone's opinions but I don't agree with that.

@TomSea
A baseball bat is a deadly weapon.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2017, 02:11:43 pm »
Is that what happened skeeter last Saturday?  Who got clubbed?  Who got punched?  Who got urine soaked?  Cause I missed those stories.  I heard about who got dead, and who got runned over.

I didn't hear President Trump talk about those.  If they are true then maybe he realizes how petty and infantile equating a urine bomb is with crushing a living being with a car.

again timing is everything.

If Trump hated nazis, and nazis do something bad, and Trump disassociating himself from nazis is simple( and second nature because the Media tried to pull this crap on him many times)...but it take huge pressure and days to get Trump to condemn nazis specifically...and the very next day he qualifies his condemnation...

Well I'm just glad this albatross is hanging around the necks of the spineless Republican's who failed America.

There are other TV stations than CNN.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2017, 02:14:23 pm »
It is fathomable that there were people against the removal of the Lee statue that were not crazies, just as it is fathomable there were people who are for the removal but are not all dressed in black and waving black and red flags.

Grouping people under one stereotype seems to be faulty logic.

If it wasn't for the unsavory element, I would be out there front and center.  See my logo and tagline.

That is why I stated in another thread that it is a crime that this cause isn't being spearheaded by the SCV, and WBTS reenactors. What is a noble cause has been hijacked by the KKK and white supremacist.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2017, 02:16:55 pm »
Tell me again how you don't bash Trump 24/7? I guess I can put you down as an antifa, BLM supporter. Only condemning one side is the same as approving the side you did not condemn.

@josb, for God's sake will you stop with those simple-minded accusations. 

You don't think Trump should have to condemn anyone, but you demand we condemn the left when you KNOW TBR members' opinion of them. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2017, 02:19:03 pm »
The undercover Feds?

@Restored

Any information on that?  If that was the case and Trump was referring to them, I guess it wasn't undercover.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2017, 02:25:14 pm »
Who handled this all properly, in similar circumstances, not exactly the same circumstances, were the Seattle police. Seattle is often called a liberal city but Sunday, their police did do right.

They pepper-sprayed the counter demonstrators.

Just because some side marches whose ideas are repugnant, does not mean that they deserve to be treated in any manner.

Look at the pride parades. Some of those parades get very raunchy I understand. What if it was a parade of something repugnant like satanists or pedophiles, etc. As bad as their ideas are, if they have a permit, they have a right to free speech and demonstrations.  It would not be okay for some counter protest group to go in and rough them up because their ideas are so repugnant.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2017, 02:27:16 pm »
@Restored

Any information on that?  If that was the case and Trump was referring to them, I guess it wasn't undercover.

It was the only thing I can think of.
IIRC when the Klan shot up the CWP in Greensboro in 1979, the man who led the Klan to the shooting was an FBI informant.
Countdown to Resignation

Silver Pines

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2017, 02:27:23 pm »

@TomSea

Focus.  Like I just said, I'm not talking about the left since any conservative's stance on them should go without saying.  You don't expect Trump to disavow the obvious, so you might as well not expect it of me.

Yesterday someone here put it well--- we should be concerned with cleaning our own house instead of excusing it down to a lower level.  I don't care what the issue is, when Nazis with Jew-hating fliers show up, you don't associate yourself with them or march with them.  It's just very basic and shouldn't need to be explained.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2017, 02:27:51 pm »
Who handled this all properly, in similar circumstances, not exactly the same circumstances, were the Seattle police. Seattle is often called a liberal city but Sunday, their police did do right.

They pepper-sprayed the counter demonstrators.

Agree 100%.

Pepper spray the little vermin. Don't run them over.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2017, 02:29:58 pm »
@don-o

Of course no one believes that.  There are many who believe he's frequently an idiot who keeps getting run over by his own mouth.  I'm one of those.

If someone who just wanted to preserve the statues was willing to protest alongside Nazis, they're the opposite of fine people.

Yes. And I can admit it's a bit of a stretch  to imagine anyone unwittingly being in a bad place like that. But, it is not impossible. There are many ignorant and naive people out there. Record numbers, that I can tell you.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2017, 02:30:14 pm »
@josb, for God's sake will you stop with those simple-minded accusations. 

You don't think Trump should have to condemn anyone, but you demand we condemn the left when you KNOW TBR members' opinion of them.
@CatherineofAragon

Yeah @jpsb , don't you know its the NTs who play the multidimensional chess now.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2017, 02:50:58 pm »
@TomSea

I don't care what the issue is, when Nazis with Jew-hating fliers show up, you don't associate yourself with them or march with them.  It's just very basic and shouldn't need to be explained.

You do understand that no march was permitted on Saturday? The "march" that the antifa did was w/o a permitt, but allowed to proceed with no traffic control. To my mind, there is contributory negligence from the police as well as charges due to everyone who was walking in the street (marching, if you will.)

Offline endicom

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2017, 03:14:09 pm »
@driftdiver
@libertybele

Watch the videos. Note that the actual march is small.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/08/trump-tells-the-truth-and-the-press-goes-crazy.php

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RIrcB1sAN8I

Vice News also did one for HBO.  It's about 20 minutes long and uncensored.  This Cantwell guy and his element are real winners.     *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 03:14:33 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2017, 03:14:25 pm »
@driftdiver
@libertybele

Watch the videos. Note that the actual march is small.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/08/trump-tells-the-truth-and-the-press-goes-crazy.php

March was small and there were more 'journalists' then marchers.  The asian press guy on the nazi side didn't seem to feel too threatened by the nazi's beside him.

Offline endicom

« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2017, 03:19:12 pm »
March was small and there were more 'journalists' then marchers.

I saw that long ago and elsewhere. Real estate is location, location, location. Demonstrations are theater, theater, theater.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2017, 03:25:56 pm »
How long until Trump starts tweeting out Joni Mitchell lyrics?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2017, 03:39:35 pm »
There are other TV stations than CNN.
Said the echo.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2017, 04:05:10 pm »
I'm definitely not a Trump fangirl, but I thought his statement was spot on and I appreciate his saying it.