Author Topic: Presser: Trump: Both Sides Deserve Blame in Charlottesville Deaths  (Read 11410 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Presser: Trump: Both Sides Deserve Blame in Charlottesville Deaths
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2017, 04:17:35 pm »
Said the echo.

Said the personal attacker.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2017, 04:20:34 pm »
I'm definitely not a Trump fangirl, but I thought his statement was spot on and I appreciate his saying it.

This is no different than the people who said "All Lives Matter."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2017, 05:30:56 pm »
Trap? Trump actually eviscerated those monomaniacs.

I agree with you but isn't it odd that other people saw it so differently. 

Is it possible that those people who thought Trump walked into a trap did not see the speech but simply reacted to what he thought they would do.

He remained calm and unruffled, refused to be sidetracked by their insulting questions and continued to make valid points.

He refused to back down on the 'both sides were wrong' statement.  They were.

And one side has been wrong for years while the worst of their offenses were given a pass or a praise by Obama.  This is another inheritance from Obama that can't be erased in 8 months.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2017, 05:38:13 pm »
Wait until the corpse of Heather is cold.  Trump is so damn stupid.  All he had to do was say I've already condemned the KKK...next question, but he can't, because he is stupid and vain, and he can't say he made a mistake and he can't let anybody say he made a mistake. 

So enjoy your reach around from David Duke Mr. President...you deserve it.

In politics and comedy timing is everything.  The time to condemn the BLM is when they kill somebody.  The time to condemn the alt-right is when they kill somebody.

Epic Fail.  sad

Such an unrealistic comment makes people discount you when and if you say something valid.

The time for this speech was obviously now and he only brought up the leftist groups to point out that they has started this whole mess.  He didn't mention BLM, but he has supported the police on many occasions.

As for Heather, he mentioned her with appropriate respect and regret and, as you may not know, Heather's own mother supported Trump.

It's one thing to resort back to calling Trump stupid and vain when he actually does something stupid and vain.

Timing is everything.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2017, 05:42:04 pm »
Gotcha... the previous night... I think they were just 'very fine people' waiving their hands in the air like they just don't care sponsored by the tiki torch business or something like that.  And the banners and logos, why those were just something to do with their favorite sports team.

Yep, bunch of fine people..

Is there something inherently evil about torches?  Not unless you set someone on fire.  The Olympic torch is okay.  I see no clubs, no baseball bats and no weapons of any kind in the pictures you posted.

Robert E. Lee should be a national hero and tearing down monuments has to stop now.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2017, 05:45:01 pm »
It is incredibly sad that must even be said.  There are no good people at a white supremacy rally, ever.

I care deeply about taxes.  I believe our government is crippling our economy with regressive taxes, but I would not attend a taxpayer rally headed by Richard Spencer.

I care deeply about the military, but I would not attend a pro military rally attended and promoted by David Duke.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/david-duke-urges-followers-to-attend-rally-in-charlottesville/article_8417980e-625e-11e7-b664-cfb49c966bd3.html

I care deeply about abortion...would any of you welcome these people to your side for a pro-life rally?

I doubt any of you would want to be associated with these people.  Why accept it from the standard bearer of the GOP?

Wait a minute.  Maybe you know something I don't but were any of the original protesters violent or threatening?  Mad as hell, maybe, and with good reason. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2017, 05:50:05 pm »
Yes, it is. But once people around me started chanting Third Reich slogans like "blood and soil," such as they did Friday night, then I would realize that this isn't the company that I want to keep. I would realize that some bad actors, whose ideology I find reprehensible, have attached themselves to my just cause.

Well, then you could go home.  I don't know the exact makeup of the Friday night crowd.  But their protest was just.  This sort of stuff has gone on too long without any protests at all.

Why?  Because conservatives aren't prone to go out to the streets to protest. 

And if they do, and some nut cases join them, I'm not gonna have a hissy fit.

As the President rightly pointed out, what's next?  George Washington, Jefferson, ???

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2017, 05:52:40 pm »
True, that. Unfortunately, few decent folks want to go duke it out with the inevitable BLM/Antifa crowds that get community organized in.

Spot on !!  I am deeply offended at this ignorant and capricious movement for removing statues and symbols from our past.

In fact, Catfish and I might have been out there protesting if we weren't ... well, home in bed.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2017, 05:53:32 pm »
Wait a minute.  Maybe you know something I don't but were any of the original protesters violent or threatening?  Mad as hell, maybe, and with good reason.

No, they were not.  Like them or not, agree with them or not, the original protestors had obtained the legal permit to be where they were and they were peaceful.

Hell broke out when the Virginia powers that be sprinkled the second group all around; a group that did not even have the legal right to be there.   The Antifa/BLM group came with one objective:  disrupt and destroy.  And Virginia "leadership" knew this.

@Emjay

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2017, 05:54:02 pm »
@AbaraXas

That's what I'm interested in finding out.  Who were the very fine people marching with the Jew-hating Nazis?

I will not give that crap a pass.  Why would anyone?

Interesting.  I'm impressed that so many Jew-hating Nazis are supporters of Robert E. Lee.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2017, 06:01:24 pm »

Really?  I agree the courts will handle it.  I don't agree violence and murder (or domestic terrorism) are equal.  I see that President Trump is angered with the removal of the Confederate monuments.  I agree that we should not remove our history.  But it doesn't give any person or group the right to mow people down the same way terrorists do.  And President Trump should be able to acknowledge the difference.
Did you watch the guy with a homemade flamethrower try to incinerate others?

He didn't(thank God) but he could have easily.

He is as worthy of condemnation in his attempted murder as a murderer.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2017, 06:05:46 pm »
So all Antifa has to do to remain off limits is to keep clubbing, punching and tossing urine at people exercising their right of free speech. Not to mention breaking windows, setting cars on fire and generally destroying property.

Just don't kill anybody.
I say this is attempted murder.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2017, 06:06:57 pm »
Did you watch the guy with a homemade flamethrower try to incinerate others?

I hope more of them think that is a great idea, because it's dangerous to the person attempting it. The aerosol can may easily explode in their faces.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2017, 06:14:07 pm »
You do understand that no march was permitted on Saturday? The "march" that the antifa did was w/o a permitt, but allowed to proceed with no traffic control. To my mind, there is contributory negligence from the police as well as charges due to everyone who was walking in the street (marching, if you will.)
It is worse than that.

The Governor declared a state of emergency prior to the scheduled noon march permit of the group that has the permit.  He ordered the streets cleared at 11:30.

Two hours later, the group that did NOT have a permit were marching.  /The streets were supposed to be cleared, yet an illegal march was allowed to proceed.

Who is culpable for fomenting this which escalated to a death?

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2017, 06:16:31 pm »
Is there something inherently evil about torches?  Not unless you set someone on fire.  The Olympic torch is okay.  I see no clubs, no baseball bats and no weapons of any kind in the pictures you posted.

Robert E. Lee should be a national hero and tearing down monuments has to stop now.
This torch is evil.  Attempted murder seems present. Who brings a bottle of hairspray or deodarant in a situation like this unless it is premeditated?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:17:34 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2017, 06:20:03 pm »
This torch is evil.  Attempted murder seems present. Who brings a bottle of hairspray or deodarant in a situation like this unless it is premeditated?

I'll tell you evil.

Posting that horrible picture and comparing it to a torchlight parade is evil.

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2017, 06:29:42 pm »
I'll tell you evil.

Posting that horrible picture and comparing it to a torchlight parade is evil.
Hey doofus.

You are the one who said "Is there something inherently evil about torches?  Not unless you set someone on fire.  "

The homemade torch was a deliberate attempt to set someone on fire.

I agree with you, so get your panties unwadded.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2017, 06:37:13 pm »
Hey doofus.

You are the one who said "Is there something inherently evil about torches?  Not unless you set someone on fire.  "

The homemade torch was a deliberate attempt to set someone on fire.

I agree with you, so get your panties unwadded.

Thanks for agreeing.  However, I must object to a couple of things in your post.

One:  Calling me doofus.  Hurts my feelings.

Two:  totall unnecessary (and trite) reference to undergarments.

« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2017, 06:39:50 pm »
Thanks for agreeing.  However, I must object to a couple of things in your post.

One:  Calling me doofus.  Hurts my feelings.

Two:  totall unnecessary (and trite) reference to undergarments.
I do not take them back as you called what I did evil.

What do you think is worse, calling someone evil or a doofus?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2017, 06:49:45 pm »
I do not take them back as you called what I did evil.

What do you think is worse, calling someone evil or a doofus?

Semantics, baby.

I called posting the picture evil ... probably too strong... I should have said offensive.

However, I did not call you evil.  I accused you of an evil act ... maybe a little hyperbolic but the picture was horrible.

But you directly addressed me as a doofus.  So ....

Offline Mod2

« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2017, 06:50:14 pm »
How about carrying on an intelligent conversation and not call anyone names? 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2017, 06:51:19 pm »
How about carrying on an intelligent conversation and not call anyone names?

Okay, but he hit me first.  Oh, wait, I hit him first.

Anyway, back to an attempt at an intelligent conversation.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2017, 06:55:26 pm »
Okay, but he hit me first.  Oh, wait, I hit him first.

Anyway, back to an attempt at an intelligent conversation.

It is appreciated.

« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2017, 06:57:15 pm »
Some just get too excited.  Hope they do not attend large gatherings in Charlottesville.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2017, 08:16:56 pm »
I say this is attempted murder.

Meh. It is an idiot with a spray can.

Isobutane is the propellant in an awful lot of products, and it burns nicely.
If it was shooting a stream of burning liquid, it would be a flamethrower (invert the can if the product burns).

We used AquaNet blue for spud gun propellant a long time (20 yrs) ago. This display looks impressive to the camera, but someone with a pick handle could have stopped that in a heartbeat if they  were so inclined. I'd be far more afraid of a bottle with gasoline and a lit rag in it than that thing.

I am not advocating violence from anyone, just pointing out some facts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis