Author Topic: Where Women Reign: An Intimate Look Inside a Rare Kingdom  (Read 449 times)

rangerrebew

Where Women Reign: An Intimate Look Inside a Rare Kingdom
« on: August 15, 2017, 12:03:49 pm »
Where Women Reign: An Intimate Look Inside a Rare Kingdom

High in the Himalayas, the last matriarchs of the Mosuo people struggle to keep ancient traditions alive.

For generations, women like Asa Nuja, 69, have been the heads of their Mosuo households, responsible for passing down property and family names. Children are bound to their mothers, who can change partners as they wish. Men may visit their current spouses only at night—a tradition known as “walking marriages.”

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/proof/2017/08/portraits-of-chinese-Mosuo-matriarchs/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Where Women Reign: An Intimate Look Inside a Rare Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 01:08:48 pm »
The article practically admits that this is the feminist dream - women rule, share no power, bark out orders, keep the men essentially as toys, give them no role, make them second class citizens, don't even let them be fathers.

In other words, be the very thing they criticize men for in bald faced hypocrisy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 01:25:38 pm »
The article practically admits that this is the feminist dream - women rule, share no power, bark out orders, keep the men essentially as toys, give them no role, make them second class citizens, don't even let them be fathers.

In other words, be the very thing they criticize men for in bald faced hypocrisy.

Its against human nature to settle for equality. When given an advantage most groups tend to try to keep it, becoming oppressors.

The USA as conceived is an anomaly. Western civil rights groups today represent a return to the more common state of the human condition.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 01:29:45 pm »
I think I've seen this place on the natgeo channel.   A dreadful place.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.