Author Topic: Today’s Eco BS From The Telegraph  (Read 443 times)

rangerrebew

Today’s Eco BS From The Telegraph
« on: August 15, 2017, 09:24:09 am »

Today’s Eco BS From The Telegraph
August 14, 2017
tags: telegraph

By Paul Homewood

Part II from the Telegraph’s woeful weekend!

It is written by Maurice Tulloch, who is chief executive of international insurance at Aviva:

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2017/08/14/todays-eco-bs-from-the-telegraph/

Offline Suppressed

Re: Today’s Eco BS From The Telegraph
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:17:41 am »
So they come up with a BS answer, excluding tax breaks from the definition of a "subsidy" for fossil fuels so they can encourage the burning of natural gas.  Great.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today’s Eco BS From The Telegraph
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:21:31 am »
So they come up with a BS answer, excluding tax breaks from the definition of a "subsidy" for fossil fuels so they can encourage the burning of natural gas.  Great.
Yeah, "tax breaks" like deducting the expenses from the income to reach the actual profit.

Like any other business does.

What tax breaks?

What subsidy?

The people getting subsidies are the solar and wind power industries. Electric cars.

Not the oil industry, that's the cash cow. It pays royalties to mineral owners (including the government), it pays up front for leases to drill for those minerals (oil and gas, including the Government), and it pays extraction taxes for every barrel that comes out of the ground as well.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:24:43 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis