Author Topic: Trump's approval hits new record!!!  (Read 1442 times)

Online corbe

Re: Trump's approval hits new record!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 12:00:51 am »
Simple: government shutdown in six weeks should do the trick.

He's gonna rip a page right out of the Ted Cruz playbook, shut the Gov down to improve your poll numbers, hell it worked for Ted.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 01:40:12 am »
The Press really stuck it to Dick Nixon and they reveled in it!   Hey I see a Parallel.  Can you see it too.  I bet you can if you look closely!  History repeats itself....Kinda like what they are doing to Trump.   Drive those Poll number down Baby.  Drive em deep. Drive em down.

Yep!!  Nixon was crucified in the press and betrayed by his close associates.  The only person who came out of the whole imbroglio with integrity intact was G. Gordon Liddy.

And Nixon is still reviled ... unjustly, to my way of thinking.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 03:54:31 am »
Ah, yes, compare Trump to Jesus and then call anyone an idiot for pointing out the truth, while claiming a lie is the real truth. How Trumpian.

If you had ANY reading comprehension skills at all...you would understand that I quite deliberately did not compare Trump to Jesus....rather I compared the ignorant disapproval of the masses then to an ignorant disapproval of the masses today. Clearly, nowhere in there are the two men equated as moral equivalents. But of course, it's easier for you to knock down a straw man than a genuine argument...or perhaps it was just too complex for you. Either way, your statement itself validates the warning I gave in my original post...so I do credit you for that!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 03:58:27 am »
If you had ANY reading comprehension skills at all...you would understand that I quite deliberately did not compare Trump to Jesus....rather I compared the ignorant disapproval of the masses then to an ignorant disapproval of the masses today. Clearly, nowhere in there are the two men equated as moral equivalents. But of course, it's easier for you to knock down a straw man than a genuine argument...or perhaps it was just too complex for you. Either way, your statement itself validates the warning I gave in my original post...so I do credit you for that!

Oh, good, I'm glad you see my point, even though I was sarcastic in the way I expressed it.

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 04:19:01 am »
    In spite of the AT'ers consternations, there is no photographic proof Trump can walk on water, so all these Jesus analogies leave me quite confused.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 11:16:49 am »
Oh, good, I'm glad you see my point, even though I was sarcastic in the way I expressed it.

Wasn't responding to your post.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain