Author Topic: Huckabee: Trump would still be criticized if he shot Charlottesville driver 'between the eyes'  (Read 757 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Huckabee: Trump would still be criticized if he shot Charlottesville driver 'between the eyes'
The Hill, Aug 13, 2017, Jacqueline Thomsen

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) on Sunday said President Trump would still be criticized for his response to the violence in Charlottesville, Va., if he personally executed the driver who on Saturday allegedly drove into protesters, killing one.

"If Donald Trump has suddenly jumped on Marine One ... down to Charlottesville, walked into the jail where the young man was being held, shot him between the eyes, I guarantee you people said he didn't use the right caliber bullet," Huckabee said, The Washington Examiner reported.

<snip>

Huckabee rejected comments that Trump didn’t forcefully condemn the white supremacists behind the rally, saying Trump was "explicitly clear in condemning what happened and the fact was he will never satisfy those who hate his every word.”

More: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/346414-huckabee-trump-would-still-be-criticized-if-he-shot

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You got me Mike.  If President Trump personally executed the Charlottesville driver, I would criticize him for it.  I guess you would not. 

Offline skeeter

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sanders said "violence on all sides" or something like that per the man who shot Scalise. That man also was a Bernie supporter. So, all of this other is BS. I was listening to Mike Gallagher, he brought that up and what Obama said per the man who shot the Dallas police officers, that man was a BLM supporter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Unbelievable.

Why?  You don't think this would have happened?  IMHO, NTs would have been just ahead of the libs in this parade.  For both groups nothing the President does or doesn't do is right or good enough.  And this is Huckabee's point. 

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:19:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Sanders said "violence on all sides" or something like that per the man who shot Scalise. That man also was a Bernie supporter. So, all of this other is BS. I was listening to Mike Gallagher, he brought that up and what Obama said per the man who shot the Dallas police officers, that man was a BLM supporter.

Oh?...then I guess running over a lady is ok.

Offline skeeter

Why?  You don't think this would have happened?  IMHO, NTs would have been just ahead of the libs in this parade.  For both groups nothing the President does or doesn't do is right or good enough.  And this is Huckabee's point.

The fact Huckabee chose to make his point in the manner he did is what I find unbelievable. Rhetoric, I know, but a assumption of guilt obviously deserving of summary execution without trial as if that were a really good thing.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Oh?...then I guess running over a lady is ok.

And have we heard the same criticisms when Rep. Scalise was shot by a Bernie Sanders reporter? How about when a BLM supporter shot five police officers? What was Obama's response?

We should not allow the media to play us either.

Just my opinion, peace and love for others, love trumps hate and all of that.

Offline Concerned

If the President of the United States (any President) usurped the criminal justice system, violated the 5th Amendment, and instead personally served as judge, jury, and executor, I would criticize him and would hope that all Americans would (but unfortunately, I believe some would excuse or defend it as long as they supported that particular President but would otherwise criticize it if it was from a President they didn't support). 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
You got me Mike.  If President Trump personally executed the Charlottesville driver, I would criticize him for it.  I guess you would not.

Its an illustration and he's right.   As you amply demonstrated.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
If Trump had the man parts to be there on scene and managed to hold a gun without shooting himself or an innocent bystander, he would be entirely justified in putting a round in the killer in defense of himself and others.

Huckabee? Yeah, he's a great conservative firebrand.  *****rollingeyes***** :silly:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The fact Huckabee chose to make his point in the manner he did is what I find unbelievable. Rhetoric, I know, but a assumption of guilt obviously deserving of summary execution without trial as if that were a really good thing.

Exactly.  Of course we would criticize that.  More than that if Trump did that I would demand he go directly to prison and no get out for a long, long time. That Huckabee would even say that is incredible.  I guess we should all be glad Huckabee isn't President.  What hides inside some people's brains!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Point being the leftists and media will never be happy no matter what Trump does. They will simply move the goal posts.

Meanwhile when it's one of theirs, any tactic is fair game to excuse it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Point being the leftists and media will never be happy no matter what Trump does. They will simply move the goal posts.

Meanwhile when it's one of theirs, any tactic is fair game to excuse it.

That is not a point it is a psychotic thought.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That is not a point it is a psychotic thought.

It may be unvarnished, but it's the truth.
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

True. They play for keeps.

Good for Huckabee. Someone with a public voice needs to come out and say it.