Author Topic: Trump barrage stuns McConnell and his allies  (Read 2271 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump barrage stuns McConnell and his allies
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2017, 12:39:30 pm »
I don't see any way the failure to keep a campaign promise that was made for 7 years is Pres. Trump's fault.

It was McConnell who said in mid Dec. that obamacare would be the first order of business and would be repealed within 2 days.

It is McConnell who doesn't hold liars accountable for telling the public one thing during the campaign and then doing the opposite when it is time to follow through.

Pres. Trump really turned me off during the campaign. I did not like a lot of things he did, but once elected he's tried to do exactly what he said he would do. His error was in believing the GOP weren't a bunch of liars and cheats.

The GOP may undercut Pres. Trump for the balance of his term, but they will pay the price at the polls. It's a better than even bet Pres. Trump's base will turn out for him. I see no reason to turn out for the Pub party.

Building a wall was the #1 campaign issue that launched Trump's campaign.  That issue is what got him his voting base.  If he doesn't deliver why would they turn out for him in 2020?  Unless things turn around, I see a landslide victory for the DEMS in both 2018 and 2020.    The GOP so far has done nothing other than go against their leader and their leader has spent a significant amount of time defending himself against the DEM accusations and fake news.  Here we sit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2017, 03:59:08 pm »
Building a wall was the #1 campaign issue that launched Trump's campaign.  That issue is what got him his voting base.  If he doesn't deliver why would they turn out for him in 2020?  Unless things turn around, I see a landslide victory for the DEMS in both 2018 and 2020.    The GOP so far has done nothing other than go against their leader and their leader has spent a significant amount of time defending himself against the DEM accusations and fake news.  Here we sit.

And we know now from phone conversations that the wall and making Mexico pay for its construction was a lie to get votes.

And with Trump in office McConnell isn't top dog of the GOP "leadership"

Wanna take a guess who is?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:26:26 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2017, 06:20:25 pm »
I don't see any way the failure to keep a campaign promise that was made for 7 years is Pres. Trump's fault.

It was McConnell who said in mid Dec. that obamacare would be the first order of business and would be repealed within 2 days.

It is McConnell who doesn't hold liars accountable for telling the public one thing during the campaign and then doing the opposite when it is time to follow through.

Pres. Trump really turned me off during the campaign. I did not like a lot of things he did, but once elected he's tried to do exactly what he said he would do. His error was in believing the GOP weren't a bunch of liars and cheats.

The GOP may undercut Pres. Trump for the balance of his term, but they will pay the price at the polls. It's a better than even bet Pres. Trump's base will turn out for him. I see no reason to turn out for the Pub party.

You might think about sitting down right now because I AGREE WITH YOU.

You feel about Trump kinda like I do.  I hated him all during the primaries and the hate was not undeserved.  But the morning after the election, I felt relief and elation that Hillary did not get elected.

She was against everything Trump claimed to be for.  I didn't know how he would govern but I knew he'd at least stated some good goals.

All in all, he's been better than I expected and ... we're not supposed to say this around here, but Trump has been fighting forces of evil from both sides of the aisle and from the Media.

So, yeah.  I don't even care about The Wall.  I never thought we could build one.  But I care about a metaphysical wall and Trump has tried to keep radical Islamists out of our country, an attempt that has been frustrated so far by radical judges.  He has also done other things to keep illegals out like giving more power to border agents who were totally handcuffed during Obama.

And those things are working. 

Okay, Trump is never gonna be what some of you seem to want.  He's never going to be smooth and sophisticated or even very smart.  So, forget that and judge him on what he's trying to do.

He does support the police.  (anyone remember the beer summit with that jerk Obama?).  He does support the military.  He's trying to get transgenders out of the military where they absolutely DO NOT belong, but he's been frustrated even in that by turncoat generals and courts.

He's made really good appointments for federal agencies.  Yes, it's been a bit of a disaster around the old home fires but that will straighten out eventually.

There are a lot of things I wish he wouldn't do.  But many of them are inconsequential and just annoying.

But I'm for giving him a chance to do some of the good things he's promised.

What we could do, instead of whining about Trump is get very active in elections for Congress.  We need 5 or 6 more real conservatives in the Senate who would follow the leadership of Cruz and Lee instead of the abominable No-man, McConnell.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2017, 06:25:41 pm »
You might think about sitting down right now because I AGREE WITH YOU.

You feel about Trump kinda like I do.  I hated him all during the primaries and the hate was not undeserved.  But the morning after the election, I felt relief and elation that Hillary did not get elected.

She was against everything Trump claimed to be for.  I didn't know how he would govern but I knew he'd at least stated some good goals.

All in all, he's been better than I expected and ... we're not supposed to say this around here, but Trump has been fighting forces of evil from both sides of the aisle and from the Media.

So, yeah.  I don't even care about The Wall.  I never thought we could build one.  But I care about a metaphysical wall and Trump has tried to keep radical Islamists out of our country, an attempt that has been frustrated so far by radical judges.  He has also done other things to keep illegals out like giving more power to border agents who were totally handcuffed during Obama.

And those things are working. 

Okay, Trump is never gonna be what some of you seem to want.  He's never going to be smooth and sophisticated or even very smart.  So, forget that and judge him on what he's trying to do.

He does support the police.  (anyone remember the beer summit with that jerk Obama?).  He does support the military.  He's trying to get transgenders out of the military where they absolutely DO NOT belong, but he's been frustrated even in that by turncoat generals and courts.

He's made really good appointments for federal agencies.  Yes, it's been a bit of a disaster around the old home fires but that will straighten out eventually.

There are a lot of things I wish he wouldn't do.  But many of them are inconsequential and just annoying.

But I'm for giving him a chance to do some of the good things he's promised.

What we could do, instead of whining about Trump is get very active in elections for Congress.  We need 5 or 6 more real conservatives in the Senate who would follow the leadership of Cruz and Lee instead of the abominable No-man, McConnell.

@Emjay

I'm a Never Trump from the word go.  However I have said here that I will give praise where praise is due.  I pretty much agree with everything you've said here. Well said
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2017, 06:25:44 pm »
I expected Trump to struggle his first year.

This is his first political office, and he comes from a world where if he gives an order, it gets carried out.     He's struggling to make that transition, no question about that.

It was a mistake on his part to take on something as big as health care so soon, before he established credibility.  He should have focused on going after the 'low-hanging fruit' first, to build up that credibility. 

If we're having this same conversation a year from now, we're in big trouble.   I just pray by then Trump has 'learned the ropes.'

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2017, 01:45:43 am »
So let me get this right from some of the comments:  If you were Never Trump and certainly ANTI-Democrat and don't think the GOP has anything to show or offer, then why vote for any of the above.  Makes a strong case for a NEW or different party in the next election. 

Seems folks keep perpetuating the some ole GOP, then gripe about it.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2017, 01:51:27 am »
So let me get this right from some of the comments:  If you were Never Trump and certainly ANTI-Democrat and don't think the GOP has anything to show or offer, then why vote for any of the above.  Makes a strong case for a NEW or different party in the next election. 

Seems folks keep perpetuating the some ole GOP, then gripe about it.

You don't understand.  A third party is not viable.  We have to keep voting for the GOP until a third party is viable.  Get it?

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2017, 02:26:06 am »
You don't understand.  A third party is not viable.  We have to keep voting for the GOP until a third party is viable.  Get it?
No I don't get it. Do you keep banging your head against the wall because you don't like it's color? The GOP ain't gonna change. Get it?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2017, 02:30:20 am »
No I don't get it. Do you keep banging your head against the wall because you don't like it's color? The GOP ain't gonna change. Get it?

Apologies if my sarcasm came across as other. :)