Author Topic: The Alt-Right Doesn’t Speak For Me; Conservative Principles Aren’t For Whites Only  (Read 1572 times)

Offline endicom

Communism is just another form of Capitalism, in this case, the State has the monopoly on Capital.

I don't know why non-leftists cling to the term. 'Free enterprise' is good as that describes the economic aspect of freedom.

Why do we say we are capitalist? Do we worship money? IMO, you shouldn't have to give a dissertation on the meaning of the term you use and every time you use it.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

I don't know why non-leftists cling to the term. 'Free enterprise' is good as that describes the economic aspect of freedom.

Why do we say we are capitalist? Do we worship money? IMO, you shouldn't have to give a dissertation on the meaning of the term you use and every time you use it.

I prefer the term "free market" Free Enterprise is very good as well.

I believe "Capitalism" was the term coined by Marx.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The term "Capitalism" was invented by Karl Marx,  I refuse to use the language of Communists.   I prefer "Free Enterprise".

The term and proper use of 'Capitalism' existed long before Marx. From an economic perspective, it actually is French in origin, with the first use of the term from Hollandische Mercurius in 1633 and referred to the new class of free laborers who exchanged goods with each other versus working on authority of the crown. This was even based on an earlier term, Capitale, which originated in the 12th century to refer to people who moved money or goods.

At that, Capitalism and Capitalist were common economic terms in use a century before Marx. In The Communist Manifesto, Marx only mentioned it in the context of Kapitalist and only referred to private ownership, it didn't even refer to the entire Capitalist system.

Marx tried to take an existing term and twist it into a negative. By saying it was 'his term' and refusing to use it, you are giving Marx what he wanted, making 'Capitalism' a negative.

Offline endicom

The term "Capitalism" was invented by Karl Marx,  I refuse to use the language of Communists.   I prefer "Free Enterprise".

"The Hollandische Mercurius uses capitalists in 1633 and 1654 to refer to owners of capital.[26]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

I don't know that Karl Marx came up with anything new.

Offline dfwgator

Capitalism in and of itself, is neutral.   There can be good Capitalism, and bad Capitalism.