Author Topic: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games without pay, NFL says  (Read 1171 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott will be suspended for six games without pay for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy, league officials said Friday.

Elliott, 22, had been under league investigation for more than a year after a former girlfriend, Tiffany Thompson, accused him of physical abuse in July 2016. While Elliott was never arrested or charged with a crime, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell concluded he violated league rules.

“After reviewing the record, and having considered the views of the independent advisors, the commissioner determined that the credible evidence established that Elliott engaged in conduct that violated NFL policy,” the NFL said in a press release.

More on this...
http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/08/11/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-suspended-6-games-without-pay-nfl-says.html
Zeke and Jerry a match made in heaven.

Now if only Jerry could lay hands on Manziel....
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

Re: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games without pay, NFL says
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 06:13:41 pm »
Maybe Ezekiel will grow up.....probably not.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 06:16:44 pm »
Who is Elliott, and what is this thing, NFL?

Aren't they the wealthy sports and entertainment business owners, who pay guys $millions, to disrespect the USA?

I used to pay attention. I may again, but not if they cave to Colon Kapernig.

And not if they continue to employ thugs, and just slap their wrists, when they rape and batter people.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 06:32:50 pm »
“Character is critical to us. We’ve built this team over the last 6-7 years with high character guys. There’s a standard here.” - Jason Garrett

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 06:43:50 pm »
“Character is critical to us. We’ve built this team over the last 6-7 years with high character guys. There’s a standard here.” - Jason Garrett

"Standard", like beauty, is defined by the beholder.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 06:46:24 pm »
"Standard", like beauty, is defined by the beholder.

Standard, like Greg Hardy.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 07:14:18 pm »

Maybe.  It's not like he was an uneducated hood rat and aspiring Rapper like some of the other thugs in the NFL.   Both his parents played collegiate athletics. His mom was a high school state champion in three sports before attending the University of Missouri and running track there. His Dad was a linebacker for the Missouri football team.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 07:17:08 pm »
I bet when it's all said and done, it will be two games, once the Players Union gets involved.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 07:37:59 pm »
The NFL can't afford another ...ummm.....bruised eye over this Domestic Violence business. The optics have been very bad for NFL management. If they give Elliott 2 days, they have to deal with liberals claiming the NFL is tougher on deflated balls than wife beaters. If they keep it at 6 games, they still look a tad soft AND they penalize black players more than white players. The NFL is going to constantly face trouble for getting involved in "private" matters that don't involve convictions because they can't control the optics. 

When people opposed Vick going into the Virginia Tech Hall of Fame, the critics were finally silenced  by "White people need to check their privilege".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 05:06:44 am »

No probably not...unless they get him a sitter like they did Michael Irvin or the Rangers did Josh.

Myself, I'm getting pretty turned off on sports. ALL of them.

I blame a lot on the immaturity of the generation in general. It's just not o.k. with me that these guys are so darn goofy. I don't care how good a player they are. Of course these things have happened in the past. But it wasn't reported or they were smart enough to keep things to themselves.

I'm a huge Mavs fan but when Dirk retires I will pull the plug on my sports station.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:10:29 am by berdie »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 12:43:35 pm »

Myself, I'm getting pretty turned off on sports. ALL of them.

Same with me on pro sports.

Still enthusiastic on college football but if this immaturity extends there due to bad control by coaches, then I will pull that plug too.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington