Author Topic: VIDEO: Protesters Attacked Charlottesville Driver’s Car With Baseball Bat (Respectful discussion only please)  (Read 15293 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Of course, then there's the question of why they, or the white supremacists, had bats in the first place.

If they were open carrying rifles, would that be OK?

No matter what you think about any group, they all have the right to be armed, it is what they do with the arms that makes their actions legal or illegal. Many on both sides were also open carrying rifles.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't have philosophy restrictions.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

No matter what you think about any group, they all have the right to be armed, it is what they do with the arms that makes their actions legal or illegal. Many on both sides were also open carrying rifles.

I've said this in other videos: both sides come to these events looking for trouble. And they always find it.

Offline dfwgator

I've said this in other videos: both sides come to these events looking for trouble. And they always find it.

Just like soccer hooligans.  They live for it, it's an adrenaline rush.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

There were armed people there. Fortunately they had cooler heads and proved that holding a firearm doesn't mean you intend to use it.

Offline Mom MD

Someone would have been very justified in putting a round in his head at that point.

Its really too bad no one did.
God is still in control

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yeah, right.

Advocating more murder. 

That is freaking hilarious.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bolobaby

Erase the titles of the groups involved. If some maniac slammed his car into a group of people with the intent to kill, wouldn't you be beating on his car and doing whatever you needed to do to stop him from fleeing or backing up and running forward again?

Like I said, erase the titles and look at the situation from the perspective of the action alone, not what you feel about the victims.

Case in point, if it weren't this case but this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/07/truck-crashes-in-central-stockholm-sweden

Or this one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4652076/Man-tries-drive-car-crowd-French-mosque-police.html

Or this one

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/car-drives-pedestrians-heidelberg-germany-9917011

And so on and so on...

@AbaraXas

Yeah, you may have this totally backwards.

From what I can see in the video clip provided, the driver has steered into the wrong place at the wrong time. A bunch of BLM and Antifa a-holes are blocking the road, and protesting angrily. One such angry protestor with a frickin' baseball bat approaches the man's car and smashes a tail light, probably startling the driver SIGNIFICANTLY.

If he suddenly slammed on the gas out of surprise or fear, and did not actually drive into that alley with the intent to harm, this is a whole different story.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

You can't take a three block running start and slam into them on purpose. That is premeditated murder and if it was a muslim doing it, we would be screaming terrorism as ISIS has done the same thing several times recently (links above as an example). Some laws protect you if you are trying to flee danger and hit someone in the road or if they step out into a busy road. The laws don't give you carte blanche to gun it and run down people.

@AbaraXas

Do you have a link to the running start vids? I'm getting caught up...
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

Per my previous post, here is a video close up to show just how fast he ran into those people, and they were hitting the car with the bat during and after the attack. The hitting was a reaction, not a provocation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFR-iHmTWVo

Not sure this video shows a running start. Got anything better?
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline bolobaby

@AbaraXas

Hmmm... this video clearly shows the brake lights on when the driver passes at the 2:00 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxpeVIuf4Uk

If he was "getting a running start," why would he hit the brakes just prior to smacking the crowd? Additionally, it does look like the lurches DOWN in the front just prior to getting hit with the bat, indicating that brakes were being applied.

Furthermore, by going through frame-by-frame, it would also appear as if the brake lights might have still been on until JUST prior to being struck with the bat, after which they go off as the car accelerates forward. This is evidenced by the reddish hue which is visible just prior to the strike, and the disappearance of the hue after the strike. This could be a trick of the sunlight or angles, but it is harder to tell if the brake lights were on or not at that point... unlike the 2 minute mark in which is very clear they are on (approx 2 sec prior to the car being struck).

So... brake lights on 2 seconds prior to being hit? Running start? Hmmmm. Not so sure.

(For the record, I do think this guy went down there specifically to challenge BLM and Antifa's roadblock, and shit went haywire. That makes him culpable. But if his car was struck, and this startled him to accelerate, then the person who swung that bat is ALSO culpable.)
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline Crazieman

@AbaraXas

Hmmm... this video clearly shows the brake lights on when the driver passes at the 2:00 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxpeVIuf4Uk

If he was "getting a running start," why would he hit the brakes just prior to smacking the crowd? Additionally, it does look like the lurches DOWN in the front just prior to getting hit with the bat, indicating that brakes were being applied.

Furthermore, by going through frame-by-frame, it would also appear as if the brake lights might have still been on until JUST prior to being struck with the bat, after which they go off as the car accelerates forward. This is evidenced by the reddish hue which is visible just prior to the strike, and the disappearance of the hue after the strike. This could be a trick of the sunlight or angles, but it is harder to tell if the brake lights were on or not at that point... unlike the 2 minute mark in which is very clear they are on (approx 2 sec prior to the car being struck).

So... brake lights on 2 seconds prior to being hit? Running start? Hmmmm. Not so sure.

(For the record, I do think this guy went down there specifically to challenge BLM and Antifa's roadblock, and shit went haywire. That makes him culpable. But if his car was struck, and this startled him to accelerate, then the person who swung that bat is ALSO culpable.)

Sorry, you're not hating on whitey enough.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Lots of stories with similar titles as this:

'Common-Sense Legislation' Would Shield Drivers Who Run Over Protesters

I don't know if any states actually passed any laws.
The measure was defeated in ND, but brought about by the Standing Rock protests which turned violent. I believe the intent of introducing it was mainly to keep the protesters from blocking vital road access for people who actually lived in the area (unlike many of the protesters who were actually from out of state).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@AbaraXas
I don't see brake lights until the driver switches to reverse

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Per my previous post, here is a video close up to show just how fast he ran into those people, and they were hitting the car with the bat during and after the attack. The hitting was a reaction, not a provocation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFR-iHmTWVo
So how come you sanction hitting someone a reaction, not a provocation when you are wielding a baseball bat, but not the same when you are driving a car?

You have already said adrenaline can make you do stupid things when in a crisis mode.   http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,276015.msg1418691.html#msg1418691

One can also claim your car being struck puts you in a crisis mode and stupid things can happen as well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
They were hitting his car because he was trying to kill them.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
They were hitting his car because he was trying to kill them.

His car was hit before that happened though, as the video shows.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
His car was hit before that happened though, as the video shows.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
I think you're siding with the wrong side.   Perhaps if the guy wasn't already a Nazi the argument might have merit.  His background and the speed at which he drove makes intent pretty clear.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline bolobaby

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
I think you're siding with the wrong side.   Perhaps if the guy wasn't already a Nazi the argument might have merit.  His background and the speed at which he drove makes intent pretty clear.

I have one of those sneaking suspicions we're going to hear about a video that demonstrates he probably didn't drive down there with the intent to kill, but panicked.

It won't get as much press coverage as the meme "white nationalist uses vehicle just like a terrorist would," but it will at least be heard in court.

Not excusing the guy 100%, but I think his crime will wind up being manslaughter and not murder.
1. Trump is never wrong.

I have one of those sneaking suspicions we're going to hear about a video that demonstrates he probably didn't drive down there with the intent to kill, but panicked.

It won't get as much press coverage as the meme "white nationalist uses vehicle just like a terrorist would," but it will at least be heard in court.

Not excusing the guy 100%, but I think his crime will wind up being manslaughter and not murder.

I'm pretty sure he will be executed by the state or a fellow inmate, as he deserves.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'm pretty sure he will be executed by the state or a fellow inmate, as he deserves.

The Aryan Brotherhood in prison will probably protect him in return for "services" rendered. :silly:

The Aryan Brotherhood in prison will probably protect him in return for "services" rendered. :silly:
Will they protect a killer of a white woman?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Not a peep about Black Lives Matter, Obama and 5 dead police officers.

Offline Suppressed

Of course, then there's the question of why they, or the white supremacists, had bats in the first place.

Yes, let's start questioning the need to bear arms to defend onesself.  At least in this case, the need was demonstrated without question.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My question is where did the baseball bats come from and who had them.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm not justifying anything, and I still think he's a murderer. And he's also a disgusting Nazi.

But someone did hit his car before he did this.

And he loved it so much, he named it "Brad"?   :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald