Author Topic: VIDEO: Protesters Attacked Charlottesville Driver’s Car With Baseball Bat (Respectful discussion only please)  (Read 15301 times)

Wingnut

The guy does not look happy...maybe a case of Cross pollination........ ****sheep****

He was dusted.

Offline Fantom

@Fantom

Personally, I completely get the fact that decent people disagree.

But defend Nazis?  No.  And hell no.

I have no proof he was a Nazi.  Even so, if he was .. he still has rights. As I have yet to see any burning/looting or shooting cops from whomever the white rally participants are, and plenty of violence from the leftist fascist antifa/blam(they shoot). Including throwing IEDS at innocent peoples.

Well, whatever his personal views are, I will look at the facts that he was being attacked and responded appropriately...like any reasonable person surrounded by violent/mob would.

I will not "kneejerk" at the leftist meme of calling anyone they hate a Nazi.

Sorry if that bothers you.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I can only hope he is tried in court for his actions and not his ideology. Nor should the ideology of the court enter in. Juries, on the other hand, can be strange animals and do make judgments based on their ideology rather than the facts. This should be an interesting trial.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I can only hope he is tried in court for his actions and not his ideology. Nor should the ideology of the court enter in. Juries, on the other hand, can be strange animals and do make judgments based on their ideology rather than the facts. This should be an interesting trial.

Points to motive.  Any worthwhile prosecutor will bring in witnesses who have heard him make threats based on views and include any postings he may have online.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

I have no proof he was a Nazi.  Even so, if he was .. he still has rights. As I have yet to see any burning/looting or shooting cops from whomever the white rally participants are, and plenty of violence from the leftist fascist antifa/blam(they shoot). Including throwing IEDS at innocent peoples.

Well, whatever his personal views are, I will look at the facts that he was being attacked and responded appropriately...like any reasonable person surrounded by violent/mob would.

I will not "kneejerk" at the leftist meme of calling anyone they hate a Nazi.

Sorry if that bothers you.

@Fantom

Oh, okay, I just pulled Nazi out of the air because that's what I label everybody.  Yeah.

What bothers me is conservatives defending a Nazi, or at the very least, a Nazi sympathizer.  To me, if you're out there taking part in a Nazi rally, then you are one of them.  The information is out there if you want it.  But it seems we've descended to the point that we'll defend anyone, no matter how heinous, as long as BLM or Antifa is standing on the other side.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Points to motive.  Any worthwhile prosecutor will bring in witnesses who have heard him make threats based on views and include any postings he may have online.

More to character maybe. A really good defense attorney would try to dedemonize the demonizing of the prosecution. There would be the question of relevance. In the plea deal. Or in the instructions to the jury for a lesser included charge.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Fantom

Oh, okay, I just pulled Nazi out of the air because that's what I label everybody.  Yeah.

What bothers me is conservatives defending a Nazi, or at the very least, a Nazi sympathizer.  To me, if you're out there taking part in a Nazi rally, then you are one of them.  The information is out there if you want it.  But it seems we've descended to the point that we'll defend anyone, no matter how heinous, as long as BLM or Antifa is standing on the other side.

To me, if you're out there taking part in a Nazi rally, then you are one of them.

Everyone?

Offline edpc

More to character maybe. A really good defense attorney would try to dedemonize the demonizing of the prosecution. There would be the question of relevance. In the plea deal. Or in the instructions to the jury for a lesser included charge.

So far, it's the public defender for him.  They're generally looking for plea deals.  However, it would not surprise me if some camera hound, high-priced attorney took the case, due to its high profile nature.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Fantom

Strip the politics out of the events.
I can't defend intentionally running down anyone in the street without that being a clear response to a lethal threat, and as far as I can tell, there was no lethal threat being posed by those that guy hit.
As for the rest, it becomes a question of who had the permit to have their little shindig, and who did not. Apparently, one group did, the other did not.
If they had a permit, they had the Right to have that assembly, peacefully, without breaking any laws. That does not, nor should it imply that the message involved, that their symbols will not be offensive to anyone, as long as they do not break any laws, they are within their right to show those without molestation.
When people start threatening, hurling containers of bodily fluids and noxious substances, or projectiles, or otherwise molesting those who are abiding by the law, those people have infringed on the Rights of the people thus attacked, regardless of which groups are involved. Those people attacked, by statute and convention, have a Right to defend themselves, proportional to the nature of the attack, and hopefully with less onerous means than the attackers' methods. For the most part, defensive devices appear to have been used by the group which was attacked, (although a shield can be used offensively, its primary purpose is to protect, not offend, and if used in an offensive manner (other than to the sensibilities over its decoration), the subject of that must be at close quarters indeed, provided the user retains possession of the shield). 
Those utilizing projectiles, thrown containers of bodily fluids, fire, and finally clubs and other means could attack from further away, and apparently did.
As has been said my right to swing my fist ends where someone else begins. That isn't dependent on ideology, political party, religion, color, etc., it applies to everyone.
Whether or not we like it, one group attacked another.
Even more onerous is that those charged with keeping the peace pushed the two groups into further confrontation.
Worse yet, is that that appears to have been done for political gain by the carpetbagger in charge in Richmond, or on his orders.

I don't like any of the groups involved, they soil, imho, the very memory commemorated by the monuments to Southern Heritage they allegedly were there to protest or promote the removal of. But in legal terms, in terms of Rights, one group appears to have had theirs violated by the other, and wherever those chips may fall that does not imply any approval of the ideologies involved. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fantom

@Fantom

Do you identify as a Leftist? Because my post specifically mentioned that leftist call everyone they disagree with "Nazis".  I mean, it is ok..sorta' ...to out oneself.  :tongue2:

Placing that snark aside.

Perhaps my first reply to you was too short on where I am coming from, and conceptualization. This is often a problem on the net.. we do not generally take enough time.

Lets look at your argument, last first as is my wont.

For the sake of argument, lets say that this driver was Hitlers nephew. Can you really make the argument that "Nazis" are anything but a very small disenfranchised group with no real power? The leftist fascist attack dogs..antifa/blam(they shoot, six cops just today) are not a far greater threat to freedom in America..for all People.

They have the power of the democrat/media/propaganda behind them. I would not further that nonsense.

Now onto the Rally... would you be so kind to show me the info that it was a Nazi rally? Not that it matters much as they were peaceful until attacked by far worse. Most pictures/vid I have seen show people I would call pretty much normal. I am sure there were a few nutters/skinheads and such. But on par, a tiki march with faces barred ... a peaceful march at that, is far more commendable than masked leftist antifa/blam(they shoot) fascist attacking.

Likewise, to use your logic, the woman killed in this was one of the lefts fascist terrorist as she was there to support them, whether or not she actually had a bat, flamethorwer or IED's. Useful fool or no, she was one of the lefts terrorist who caused this violence.

One of the things that disturbs me, and leads me to write on this , is the media vids..granted I have only caught a few on fox..figure the rest are even more deceitful.

Deceitful, how one might ask.  Well... I see the end where the car hits the cars that are blocking the road(antifa/blam blockade?) I see the car backing up quickly. What I don't see is the attack at the beginning on the car/driver nor the part where the antifa/blam terrorist come running up in pursuit with baseball bats and attack.

Strange, they edit all that out..."peaceful counter protestors"...my ass.

failure to tell the truth..in fact mask the truth for a narrative,  is a sure way to make me consider the narrative is false.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So far, it's the public defender for him.  They're generally looking for plea deals.  However, it would not surprise me if some camera hound, high-priced attorney took the case, due to its high profile nature.

Also, this public defender could see this as a springboard. Flinging him over the public defender-city/county prosecutor-incompetent magistrate cycle found throughout these United Staes, and into a position of legitimate attorney. A career defining chance.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Also, this public defender could see this as a springboard. Flinging him over the public defender-city/county prosecutor-incompetent magistrate cycle found throughout these United Staes, and into a position of legitimate attorney. A career defining chance.
True enough, but all those guys eat lunch at the same places...sometimes together.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

Not out of the realm of possibility and I truly believe everyone deserves the best defense they can get. However, I can't imagine the threats someone would get if they got him acquitted.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:25:56 am by edpc »

Offline Fantom

Is there any defense fund set up? I would donate just to make sure this is not swept "under the rug".

Would love to see a full airing of all vids and discovery of antifa/blam financers.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:13:23 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
True enough, but all those guys eat lunch at the same places...sometimes together.

They eat lunch together all the time. Bosom buddies. I think this trial should be moved. Probably off planet. He can also request competent legal counsel. Someone with the experience to handle a case such as this and not be stuck with the next name on the PD list.

If he is such a Nazi the boys over at Stormfront should get him an attorney.

Offline edpc

Is there any defense fund set up? I would donate just to make sure this is not swept "under the rug".

Would love to see a full airing of all vids and discovery of antifa/blam financers.

A lot of people may feel the same way, but would fear having the donation list hacked and doxxed.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Not out of the realm of possibility and I truly believe everyone deserves the best defense they can get. However, I can't imagine the threats someone would get if they got him acquitted.

I can. I've seen that movie before.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:29:29 am by bigheadfred »

Offline edpc

I can. I've seen that movie before.

ummm....the best offense...???

LOL

Sure.....everyone  knows the best defense is a good offense.  ^-^

Siri heard what she wanted to hear.  I should know better than to trust it and proofread better.  Fortunately, we have a modify feature here.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:28:46 am by edpc »

Offline Fantom

A lot of people may feel the same way, but would fear having the donation list hacked and doxxed.

Amazing right, the power of the fascist left.

And some people kneejerk whenever the lefts yells "Nazi"..how high they jump.

Frederick Douglass

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Apparently, if you reread my last post, I misread yours.  :laugh:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yes, @edpc, WE can control the narrative...

Offline edpc

Apparently, if you reread my last post, I misread yours.  :laugh:

No, you were correct. It originally said offense.  :thud:

I went 'back in time' with the modify feature use.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No, you were correct. It originally said offense.  :thud:

I went 'back in time' with the modify feature use.

ssshhh!!! there may be others listening

I went back in time and edited your original post in my reply. It now says defense. A couple more edits and we could be...we could be...CNN

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Fantom

Who is we?  And who are you mad at now?  Is it still Trump and are you saying Trump defended Nazis?  Simply because Trump said there is blame on both sides?

I hope you're not denying that there was blame on both sides.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

To me, if you're out there taking part in a Nazi rally, then you are one of them.

Everyone?

@bigheadfred

Okay, let me amend that.  If you're taking part in a Nazi rally/marching with them/willing to ally yourself with those "traditional-minded Americans", as someone put it to me recently, you may not BE a Nazi.  But you're nobody I would have to dinner or even allow on my front porch.  Then again, you may be open to some of their well-known agenda, and if you're willing to march  alongside them in that case, yeah, you're no better and you might as well have a membership card.

I recognize George Wallace in that photo, but otherwise I don't know the significance of it.