Author Topic: 'He didn't discover America he invaded it': Protesters now rally to REMOVE statue of Christopher Columbus from Manhattan after NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio said it was under review as a 'symbol of hate'  (Read 1232 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'He didn't discover America he invaded it': Protesters now rally to REMOVE statue of Christopher Columbus from Manhattan after NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio said it was under review as a 'symbol of hate'

Friday night a rally was held in Columbus Circle to call on the city to remove a statue of Christopher Columbus from where it has stood since the 1800's
    NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio is weighing a decision on whether to remove statue of the Italian explorer with a task force reviewing 'symbols of hate' in the city
    The statue, which is over 100 years old, sits atop is a traffic circle in Manhattan
    Friday morning a rally was held at City Hall to keep the statue of Columbus where it is
    Meanwhile references and a statue to Dutch Governor Peter Stuyvesant in New York are also under siege
    The growing debate on removing statues began after a Charlottesville, Va protest against removing a Confederate statue, turned deadly earlier this month

By Jessica Finn For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:02 EDT, 26 August 2017 | Updated: 11:10 EDT, 26 August 2017

A rally was held in New York by those who wish to see the removal of a statue of Christopher Columbus from where it has stood since the 1800's.

The statue is currently under review by a special task force implemented by Mayor Bill de Blasio designed to remove 'symbols of hate' in New York City.

Friday night, demonstrators took to Columbus Circle where the statue is prominently displayed in a busy round-about at the base of Central Park, carrying signs that read: 'Columbus didn't discover America he invaded it.'

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4825700/NYC-rally-REMOVE-statue-Christopher-Columbus.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Offline goatprairie

I really need to stop believing that people can't get any crazier.
There's are no depths too crazy for leftists to plumb. Realize that, and you'll be more able to withstand the continuing examples of leftist insanity. I, too, used to believe leftists couldn't get crazier.  I was wrong.
Leftists are like a constant invasion of house-eating termites. Once you destroy one horde, another pops up somewhere else. Constant watch and prevention is needed.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Columbus invaded America. Really? The problem with discussing anything with a Liberal is that they are almost always way too stupid to even understand what you are telling them.

Columbus never lived in America. Columbus never 'invaded' anything. Idiots. If you want to make the argument for the invasion of America by Europe, fine. But you've got the wrong guy. Columbus had nothing to do with that.

I'm sure these Liberal morons imagine that Columbus showed up to America with a D-day type invasion force with him. He then opened up with artillery and stormed the beaches. God. Americans are so stupid.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

In New York, the Italian vote, if there is still such a thing, is crucial. That vote used to be divided but is now taken for granted as being solidly Dem. Will this wake some up? Probably no more than the Jewish or Black voters have been 'woke' but it may rouse some.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Meh. The Vikings beat him by 500 years. Not that the Minnesota football team needs any more grief.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Offline goatprairie

Columbus invaded America. Really? The problem with discussing anything with a Liberal is that they are almost always way too stupid to even understand what you are telling them.

Columbus never lived in America. Columbus never 'invaded' anything. Idiots. If you want to make the argument for the invasion of America by Europe, fine. But you've got the wrong guy. Columbus had nothing to do with that.

I'm sure these Liberal morons imagine that Columbus showed up to America with a D-day type invasion force with him. He then opened up with artillery and stormed the beaches. God. Americans are so stupid.
There have been invasions for as long as humans have been living in North and South America. But the great majority of them were by Indian tribes who invaded the lands of other Indians and fought them,  captured them, killed them, enslaved them, and/or took their lands.  Long before Columbus and the Spaniards reached our shores.
If Columbus and the Europeans didn't make it here, the Aztecs would probably still be enslaving other Indian tribes and killing them on top of pyramids.
Pure and simple, the Europeans brought modern civilization to our shores.  That civilization was responsible for eliminating the primitive, savage, bloodthirsty cultures of many tribes that dominated the continent. Good riddance to them.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:15:41 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand

Offline corbe

If it wasn't for Spanish Kings and their desire for gold and Souls, the Native Indians wouldn't have had Horses and therefore a continuation of no need for the wheel.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline NavyCanDo

At some point the Native people of North America who in a sense were only slighty more advanced than those living in the stone age, having not even developed simple metallurgy or even the wheel, were going to meet and clash with  the people living in the modern world east of the Atlantic. The Captain of that first voyage be it Columbus or someone else, would be demonized today.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline corbe

Actually @NavyCanDo they had the wheel, they were just unable to domesticate any Draft animals, Buffalo and reindeer can be quite challenging, or so I've read. Besides they had an abundance of cheap labor.

Here is a picture from an Incan toy artifact (pre Columbian)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Offline corbe

Offline goodwithagun

All this faux-rage is a deliberate attempt to take focus off of the true epicenter of hate in our "modern" world :Islam.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
   If it wasn't for Spanish Kings and their desire for gold and Souls, the Native Indians wouldn't have had Horses and therefore a continuation of no need for the wheel.

Without roads, wheels in my neck of the woods are pretty much pointless. You're either climbing a wooded hill or in a swamp.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline berdie

Let's ban pizza too

I have never been to a protest on my life. But I promise you if that happens...I'll take a month off and head to the streets. Wearing a red Dominoes t-shirt and carrying a Pizza Hut sign.

Offline goatprairie

At some point the Native people of North America who in a sense were only slighty more advanced than those living in the stone age, having not even developed simple metallurgy or even the wheel, were going to meet and clash with  the people living in the modern world east of the Atlantic. The Captain of that first voyage be it Columbus or someone else, would be demonized today.
Certain  "historians" of a particular political stripe like to portray N.America above  the Rio Grande as being populated by as many as 15-20 Native Americans who were all living  peacefully  before the evil Europeans came.
The facts are there simply weren't any developed parts of the area north of the Rio Grande that could lead people to believe there were more than one or two million inhabitants of the area. There were no big cities like in Central America with the Aztecs and no way for large populations to accumulate.
In short, the area now known as the contiguous U.S. was almost totally devoid of population.  You probaby could have flown a plane over the country many times without seeing any evidence of human population.
Does that mean Europeans could have done a better job settling the country as regards the Indians?
Sure. But the end result would still be the same...the primitive Indian culture was doomed to be superceded by a much more advanced culture/civilization.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:21:03 am by goatprairie »