Author Topic: Female Reporter for The Hill Allegedly Punched by ‘Antifa’ Protester in Charlottesville  (Read 387 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Female Reporter for The Hill Allegedly Punched by ‘Antifa’ Protester in Charlottesville
Breitbart, Aug 12, 2017, Adam Shaw

A female reporter for the Hill was allegedly punched by an “Antifa” protester in the wake of a deadly car attack in Charlottesville, Virginia Saturday as she tried to film the ensuing chaos.

Taylor Lorenz was filming the site of the incident that left at least one person dead — after a car was driven into a crowd of “anti-fascist” protesters responding to a parallel white nationalist protest in the city. The suspect was identified by police late Saturday as 20-year-old James Alex Fields Jr.

According to video given to DailyMail.com by Lorenz (who is a former reporter for the outlet), a nearby shirtless protester objects to her filming the resulting pandemonium and is heard asking her to stop filming. When she refuses to put her camera away, he appears to punch her and yells “stop bleep recording.” Lorenz can be heard yelling as her phone hits the ground, and others intervene.

She said on Twitter that she was fine apart from being “really bleep pissed,” and said she was attempting to file charges against the man who punched her.

She later updated to her followers to say that the man who punched her already had a warrant out for his arrest and was detained by police.

More:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/12/female-reporter-for-the-hill-allegedly-punched-by-antifa-protester-in-charlottesville/

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:14:13 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I was out and away from electronics for most of last evening.  Did the Antifa group have a permit to protest in the same place at the same time?  I can't find information on this.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:14:34 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mountaineer

I do not believe the antifas had a permit, RiV. The other group - the one on which the antifas threw urine - had an official permit for the park.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I would be interested in seeing an unbiased report on how this protest escalated. The media is blaming only one side. I would like to know how many protestors were on each side. Who started the violence? Facts would be nice.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mountaineer

The leftists threw feces and urine on the white nationalists (whatever they were) and at least one antifa fascist used some sort of "flamethrower" on them. I have seen no indication the white power side initiated any violence.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Gee, maybe Mr. Sessions might want to look into this.