Author Topic: Ted Cruz Calls Charlottesville Car Attack Deliberate ‘Domestic Terrorism’, Urges Justice Dept. Investigation  (Read 8284 times)

HonestJohn

And Communists are responsible for the deaths of over 100 million.

Anything to deflect attention from those neo-Nazis, Klan, and White Supremacists.

Not once have you actually condemned them.

Offline dfwgator

Anything to deflect attention from those neo-Nazis, Klan, and White Supremacists.

Not once have you actually condemned them.

I've said many times here that they're idiots who should be ignored.    And there were more than a few hammer and sickle banners in that crowd yesterday.

And I condemn the driver, if he's guilty,  I hope he hangs.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:06:35 pm by dfwgator »

HonestJohn

I've said many times here that they're idiots who should be ignored.    And there were more than a few hammer and sickle banners in that crowd yesterday.

Wow.  You've just said, in essence, that you believe their worldview isn't bad, they are just going about it wrong.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:09:15 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline dfwgator

Wow.  You've just said, in essence, that you believe their worldview isn't wrong, they are just going about it wrong.

How did you come up with that? Their worldview is what makes them idiots.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:09:46 pm by dfwgator »

HonestJohn

How did you come up with that?

You said they were idiots.  Idiots aren't idiots for their beliefs, but because they always screw up implementation.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:10:52 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline dfwgator

You said they were idiots.  Idiots aren't idiots for their beliefs, but because they always screw up implementation.

That's not my definition.

Wingnut

Fry his ass for what he did to this car.

Offline dfwgator

Fry his ass for what he did to this car.

"That'll buff right out."

Wingnut

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Or an opportunist.
Yeah. That. Reminds me of a guy who supported ethanol mandates right after the Gov of Iowa went ballistic over someone else saying he'd eliminate them (and still lost). Funny thing about opportunists, they're everywhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

So. Condemn the person who did the act...He alone is responsible, no one else.

@dfwgator

Condemn all of the morons.  It's not hard.

Offline dfwgator

@dfwgator

Condemn all of the morons.  It's not hard.

That's what Trump did.  All of the morons on Both sides.

Silver Pines

That's what Trump did.  All of the morons on Both sides.

@dfwgator

Now even Gingrich is saying Trump needs to speak out more strongly.

Wingnut

@dfwgator

Ah yes  Newton Minnow Gringrich .  The guy is a white board away from being Karl "Where is My Sharpie" Rove.

Offline dfwgator

@dfwgator

This Newt Gingrich?

Silver Pines

Ah yes  Newton Minnow Gringrich .  The guy is a white board away from being Karl "Where is My Sharpie" Rove.

@Wingnut

Yeah, I'm not a fan, but he's been hardcore Trump and his opinions have previously been held up as correct

Silver Pines

This Newt Gingrich?

@dfwgator

Exactly.  Pelosi's buddy who was rehabilitated as long as he was praising Trump.

Wingnut

Seeing those too dumb ass speakers makes me long for the old days.

Offline dfwgator

Seeing those too dumb ass speakers makes me long for the old days.

I'm afraid those days are long gone.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

Damn, I miss Reagan.

Of course you do realize the Left said as many nasty things about Reagan, as they say about Trump now.   So that hasn't changed all that much.

Wingnut

@Wingnut

Yeah, I'm not a fan, but he's been hardcore Trump and his opinions have previously been held up as correct

The guy is a popcorn fart.  Sneaks out with only a dry toot and nothing else.  Screw him and what he thinks.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What's the point? Sometimes you have to be a team player. Didn't Newt help balance the budget? I'm sure he's done quite a lot.

Offline Smokin Joe

@dfwgator

WRONG. The left NEEDS a race war in order to create the anarchy they need to have their leaders in government declare Martial Law to suspend the Constitution so they have the US military to help them bust heads and seize power.

The thing they are VERY aware of but most people seem able to ignore is that once the government declares a state of Martial Law exists and suspends the Bill of Rights "for the duration of the emergency",THEY are the ONLY ones with the authority to declare the emergency is over. What do YOU think the odds are of them voluntarily removing themselves from absolute dictatorial power?
I'm not so sure it is so much just the Left (although they are the conspicuous 'protesters' at the moment) as the cadre from both sides of the aisle, call them what you will: uniparty, 'establishment', 'Country Club', whatever (I prefer traitors).
There is a group in power who have been playing Kabuki Politics in DC for a long time, and now they have all the tools (and networking data) they need to round up the dissidents and take over without so much as the encumbrances of the Rule of Law once the rules are suspended and all the efficiency of modern technology. The tools are in currently place (Patriot Act) to take anything from anyone in a declared 'emergency', without compensation or redress, and to imprison without charge and deny Habeas Corpus--or even eliminate--those who resist. The precedent is almost 160 years old. The legislation is relatively new. Both parties put it there http://educate-yourself.org/cn/patriotact20012006senatevote.shtml and the only question seems to be which one will be on top when it is implemented.

If your interpretation of "Left" is "totalitarian", they are there on both sides of the aisle. As ever there are those who will assert 'it's okay when we do it. But "we" is a fickle thing, (recall Robespierre), so folks need to be careful what they wish for, it might not be as pretty as they think.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Of course you do realize the Left said as many nasty things about Reagan, as they say about Trump now.   So that hasn't changed all that much.
The left would say nasty things about anyone with an 'R' after their name in the White House. It's the only song they know.

C S Lewis